Employment based immigration backlog petition

103 pages of signature list to Zoe Lofgren (D CA 16th)

(originally posted at Project Ocean thread in CSC forum)

I visited Zoe Lofgren's San Jose office after lunch and talked with the receiptionist.
When I handed the same document, the petition and 103 pages of signatures, she noticed the letter head of "ImmigrationPortal.Com".
She told me that she had recieved three faxes so far.

I asked her to schedule the separate meeting from town hall meetings on Saturday,
but she told me that there would be already no room on Saturday and asked me to send a letter asking to schedule a meeting with Congresswoman later.
It would be some time in November or December at earliest.

So, I will be at the fist place at 8:30am to catch Congresswoman to have some conversation.
Maybe, it would be enough for the first time to start working with her.

For the separate meeting, we need somebody living in CA 16th Congressional District.

Anyway, three faxes were helpful,
but still more petitions or letters should be sent to Congressional offices.
-kashmir

Last edited by a moderator:
"FAX THE PETITION" Campaign

(originally posted at Project Ocean in CSC forum)

"FAX THE PETITION" Campaign is not limited to the San Francisco Bay Area nor California.

Our Congressional members are our representatives.
Not only the petition but also even our complaint is a valuable input for them.

Let's send the petition or your letter complaining against the USCIS to your Congressional offices.
E-mail is too easy to handle even for Congressional offices,
so it should be delivered phisically such as:
1) fax
2) (USPS) mail
3) in person

Let's fax the petition until Congressional members complain against the USCIS.
Again, they can never complain against us because it is democracy.
-kashmir

Edison,Kashmir

Edison, Thanks man !!. Congressman's office in my area is just around one mile . Pls let me know what are the things to put in his head and office ,I drive more than 5 times same road every day

colllecting Funds

Rajiv,
We are thinking of collecting a Fund to aid our campaign. Since we don't have a registered organization, is it possible for you to recieve checks from us and maintain that fund ? We will use that fund to pay for the lawyer and also cover other campaign expenses. We will elect a coordinator who will communicate with you regarding the usage of funds. Please give your thoughts.

Re: We host an online software also

Originally posted by operations
See http://econstituent.votenet.com/immigration/

If you folks want, let Monica know, she will add the 485 petition here also. That way, all of you can write Congress conveniently.

Yes, This will be really helpful. Also it would be great if you post the link to this on the home page, since most of us is now aware of this feature.

Extra Impact - Hand Delivered to Congressional Office

I used http//www.congress.org Extra Impact service to hand deliver(by western union) our petition to my local Congresssional Office. It's paid service, just nominal fee of $10 for 3 mails.

Our petition was hand delivered to following offices:
Representative Joseph Knollenberg (R-MI 9th)
Senator Carl Levin (D-MI)
Senator Debbie Stabenow(D-MI)

edison, is that only this 8 pages congressman petition we need to deliver congresman's office ? I printed it just now and waiting for your advise.

Originally posted by kash777
edison, is that only this 8 pages congressman petition we need to deliver congresman's office ? I printed it just now and waiting for your advise.

It would be great, if you could print signatures also.

Hi, kash777,
If you bring it to the local office of your congressional district,
I strongly recommend to add your name, your resident address, and your signature.
Also, when faxing it to Senators in your state.
They're your representatives, and you should receive their letters within a month.
-kashmir

kashmir,

Yes I will be handing over petition to congressman in my district in a day or two. Can you pls email draft of dummy letter enclosing this petition and signtaure page to attach? Thanks..
I think you have already faxed petition papers to Dinna Fienstine in SF so do you wish me to do that again to her ? pls let me know..

edison ,thanks..

kashmir,

Yes I will be handing over petition to congressman in my district in a day or two. Can you pls email draft of dummy letter enclosing this petition and signtaure page to attach? Thanks..
I think you have already faxed petition papers to Dinna Fienstine in SF so do you wish me to do that again to her ? pls let me know..

edison ,thanks..
Hi, kash777,
Yes for your second question.
Can you fax the petition to Dianne Feinstein, too ?

For your first request, here is my sample letter:

October 8, 2003

Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren
Washington D.C. Office
102 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515-0515
Fax: (202) 225-3336

RE: Petition about Immigration Benefits Backlog

Dear Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren;

I am one of Employment based I-485 applicants suffering from the current processing delay at the California Service Center of the Bereau of Citizenship and Immigration Service, and also a member of one of the largest legal worker's online immigrant community ImmigrationPortal.Com. Attached is our petition about Immigration Benefits Backlog.

... (your own statement if any) ...

Sincerely,

(your signature)

(your name)
(your residential address)
(your contact information)

Last edited by a moderator:
RAJIV

Originally posted by dsatish
Rajiv,
We are thinking of collecting a Fund to aid our campaign. Since we don't have a registered organization, is it possible for you to recieve checks from us and maintain that fund ? We will use that fund to pay for the lawyer and also cover other campaign expenses. We will elect a coordinator who will communicate with you regarding the usage of funds. Please give your thoughts.

RAJIV,
Did you see my post addressed to you ? I have quoted it again. We will be looking forward for your response.

kashmir,Thanks.Okay I will go ahead and fax to Dianne . Also thanks for the encl. letter . I will let you know soon once I hand over this to Congressman. What about signature page ? where can I get print outs ? Pls giude. Thanks again.

kashmir,Thanks.Okay I will go ahead and fax to Dianne . Also thanks for the encl. letter . I will let you know soon once I hand over this to Congressman. What about signature page ? where can I get print outs ? Pls giude. Thanks again.
Hi, kash777,
I think the list of signatures is too large to fax.
Also, I have already brought it to Anna Eshoo's Palo Alto office and Zoe Lofgren's San Jose office this Tuesday, and I will update it at the town hall meeting on Saturday,
so you don't bring it now.

If you really want to print it, the list is:
http://www1.immigration.com/ins-tracker/petition_I485
It will exceed 100 pages and your browser may freeze for a while.
-kashmir

Rajeev,Kashmir, Edison

Today I hand delivered petition to Congressman Pete Stark 13th congressonal district CA . Lady at desk told that he is in Washington DC and they will get back to us in 2 weeks. standard answer.

Pete Stark have town meeting on 18th Oct in my area, so I will try to catch him. Kashmir pls let me know your experince on sat.