EB2 485: Pls post here

Fingerprint and no LUD ?

Hi, I did my finger print (code 3) on Nov. 18. However, until now there is no LUD on my I-485 application? Is this normal? For those who has fingerprint related LUD, how long does it take to appear?

Thanks!

Marusia

I am stuck in the NC process... I have contacted Congressman in October, and only got confirmation that my NC is pending.
Today I called USCIS. The telephone message regarding my case contains slightly different information than their website: on the telephone response they say that I-797 was sent to me with instructions concerning my pending case. But I have never received any I-797 except for I-140 approval two years ago. So, I have no idea what instructions to follow! The customer service representative advised to have an INFOPASS appointment to find out the details about my case, including name check. However, my lawyer says they will not give me any useful information, and I will just lose time and energy. What would you advise to do?

marusia_k said:
I am stuck in the NC process... I have contacted Congressman in October, and only got confirmation that my NC is pending.
Today I called USCIS. The telephone message regarding my case contains slightly different information than their website: on the telephone response they say that I-797 was sent to me with instructions concerning my pending case. But I have never received any I-797 except for I-140 approval two years ago. So, I have no idea what instructions to follow! The customer service representative advised to have an INFOPASS appointment to find out the details about my case, including name check. However, my lawyer says they will not give me any useful information, and I will just lose time and energy. What would you advise to do?

the infopass is good. i tried it.

second, from which country r u? how common is ur name?

got the cards!

I just wanted to ping back onthe thread and confirm that I have received the green cards in my hand, which arrived in mail at my address on Nov 13, 06. They arrived while I was out of the country and re-entered the US using the ADIT stamp.

Got Approval mail this morning.

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On January 18, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

RFE response was received on Dec 29. But when I called on Jan18, I was told that it was with an officer since Jan 17, but my name check was still pending. But in Dec I was told name check cleared for me and spouse. Spouse got approval on Dec 7.

So we are finally at the end of the GC journey after 7 long years....

Hi guys

Hi Guys,

I have situation like my EB2 I140 approved with priority date 2006/feb (with RFE) approved , and my Labour from backlog EB3 approved dated on 2004' June going to file I-140.

Now my salary for this year is low as 60K, Last year was 72K.Since due to some project funding i am getting low.

If i get my priority date porting and when i go for I-485, i will have any issue, it is going to be EB2 Filing.

Would they revoke my salary for this year.For example if i file I-485 next year.

Gurus pls. share your Exp.

Thanks
asish

response from USCIS

After, inquiring about my case status and raising query, USCIS sent a response back indicating that my case is awaiting assignment officer. Does that mean that Security checks are over?

Kindly respond

thank you

why dont you call NSC and speak to them..

I think a better option is just to call them and speak with them. I dont think anyone on the forum can tell you with 100% accuracy. It will all be a guessing game. I am a optimist(inspite of being stuck for a long time) I would say it is positive sign and NC seems to be completed.

All the best...Keep us posted.

Leo

called NSC - response

Hi all,

I called NSC...

Conversation Hello mam.. blah...

me: Mam can you please let me know if my Security checks have been cleared?
Lady: Sir we cannot give you any details about your security checks. You need to make an info pass appt to find out.
Me: Mam I actually raised a query and got a response back saying that it is awaiting assignment of an officer. Does this mean that everything is over and ready to get adjudicated.
Lady: Sir Please dont try to get more info from me about the security check. That status means that the case is with the officer. I cannot guarantee you any specific amount of time but, it is with the officer. That officer may cases from 50 - 500. So when you get your turn you will have yours.

me: closed conv saying...thank you..

regards

Thats a bummer

Hey Lab Notez

Dont give up man....It was just a bad day....Try after few days maybe you will get a good person who would help you through the maze. The customer reps dont know how anxious we are....I am sure good things are happening with your application..

here is something i found out on the net

Nebraska Service Center / NAFSA Open House
June 28, 2006
There are currently 31,000 EB petitions pending. 19,000 of these do not have visas attached to them. At this point I have to admit that I don’t work at all with PR applications, so I got a little bit lost. Kelley confirmed that AOS applications are on hold until more visas are available.

These 31,000 pending petitions are not just languishing, though. They are being processed through what’s called a pre-adjudication process where the file is reviewed up to the point that the visa is all that’s needed. At this point they go back on the shelf. Once the visa number comes up, they are approved. If it is determined in the pre-adjudication process that evidence is needed, then an RFE will be sent out so that hopefully by the time the visa becomes available, all of the required documentation will have been received.

Unquote

It seems you already had a RFE so it is good that your application is with officer....Just hang on may be they will get to it soon....I think they dont assign a officer for NC pending applications...That is just my opinion....it may not be true.

leo

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:
awaiting assignment of an officer --

FYI:

I just talked to nice Person at NSC (Nebra...Se..center). I was told that awaiting officer assignment means Name Checks are done and completed.

regards

still waiting...

LC PD: Mar.8, 02 EB2. Current long time ago.
I485: RD Jan. 15, 04, ND Jan. 16, 04
I140 AD: Feb. 04
4 FPs so far (last one May 07)
STUCK IN NAME CHECK: since Jan.29, 04
Last LUD Jun.,05

Contacted USCIS n-times, senators, congressman, InfoPass, obdusman, First Lady. Still waiting...:mad:

The USCIS letter in response to my service inquiry says as follows:

Your I-485/I-765 Processing is on HOLD:
due to I-140 “being held for a visa from the state department. Please call State Department visa Line.
(…. while the I-140 has already been approved !! )

Reference:
Name JFD
Country Pakistan
A# A 073 xxxxxx
I-140 LIN - 07- 075-xxxxx
I-485 LIN - 07- 075-xxxxx
I-485 (spouse) LIN – 07- 075-xxxxx
I-765 LIN – 07- 075-xxxxx

I submitted my immigration petition package on January 17, 2007, to Nebraska Premium Processing Center.
I-140 was approved on January 22, 2007 (PP).

I submitted a status inquiry regarding the status of my I-765, as it was out of posted processing time. I received the above response.

As suggested, I contacted the state department visa line. They essentially said they had no clue why USCIS would refer me to call them, as the I-140 is approved, and state department does not deal with visas for applicants already in the USA.

At this point, I am confused. I am concerned that my case may have been misrouted and whole case is on hold for something that may be an unintentional sorting error.

The I-140 is approved, and I am not out of country. Moreover, I did not request Consulate processing for my case either.

Please help. I would REALLY appreciate that.

Name swaped in New Passport

I have scenario like this,

I am planing to file I-485,in EB2.

My FirstName and Last name Swaped in my new passport, It was Indian embassy in SFO Issued .Last year i got this passport.

But i got the Observation paper from the Indian embassy.

I got my 7th year extension stamping in that passport, In visa also name changed like in the new passport, and I-94 also i did entered as name swaped.

My I-140 receipt , Birth certificate , Old Passport name was First name and last name was as usual. But there was no spelling error , but only the first name and last name swapped.

I-94 i can correct it using whtiner.

Do you guys think any issue when filing I-485, would i get RFE.

Please help me.

thanks
ashish

Same Situation

I have scenario like this,

I am planing to file I-485,in EB2.

My FirstName and Last name Swaped in my new passport, It was Indian embassy in SFO Issued .Last year i got this passport.

But i got the Observation paper from the Indian embassy.

I got my 7th year extension stamping in that passport, In visa also name changed like in the new passport, and I-94 also i did entered as name swaped.

My I-140 receipt , Birth certificate , Old Passport name was First name and last name was as usual. But there was no spelling error , but only the first name and last name swapped.

I-94 i can correct it using whtiner.

Do you guys think any issue when filing I-485, would i get RFE.

Please help me.

thanks
ashish

Hi Ashish,

I am also in same situation, did you get any answers on this. The CGI in Houston swapped by middle name and first name. My old passport is in tune with my BC. I have a question, what is this observation letter, how can i get it from CGI of Houston, is there a application form or did you go there in person. Will let you know if i find any thing on this issue.

Thanks,
ajkish

I have a question for all the NSC veterans here. I have an EB2 140/485 case pending in NSC since 02/07. I have received EAD/AP based on that case. Partially because of the fact that I already have the benefits of EAD/AP and partially because I am afraid of additional scrutiny and RFC in a premium case, I did not file my case in PP. Now, looking at the snails pace of NSC work (they moved 10 days for 140 in the last 1 month) I am thinking that it might be worth to spend the extra money and get 140 approved.

Do you veterans think there is any additional risk in PP of 140? Also, does an approved 140 help the 485 petition in any way? Also, what has the movement been like for 485 in the last few months in NSC?

Congratulation!

After a loooooooong wait, I got my GC approved

EB2/
PD: Jan 9th 2003

Congratulations JustLCed!!
You just raised my hopes! :cool: We hardly see any approvals posted here for EB2.
If it's no trouble what is your 485 RD and and which country you are from?

Thanks in advance for your response and have fun!

Leo