EB2 485: Pls post here

hello....

Hi I havent found out anyting new.. but when I called the immigration officer and she told me that everything looks good from application perspective and it is with the adjudicating officer...So I may hear anything soon..

when did u apply? what is your PD? Can you please post your details?

bubble23 said:
lab_notez, have you been able to find out about your recent LUDs? I am in the same boat, LUD on 11/07 and 11/08 but no message change, no LUD yesterday.

Please let me know what you find out.

I-140 AD 10/11/06
I-485 RD 05/01/06 LUD 11/07, 11/08

Card Received

I got my Green Card today (it isn't really green). It's hard to believe that this is finally over ...

today (11/10)?

Congrats!! I thought today (11/10) is a US postal holiday

tulok said:
I got my Green Card today (it isn't really green). It's hard to believe that this is finally over ...

Last edited by a moderator:
My details

lab_notez said:
Hi I havent found out anyting new.. but when I called the immigration officer and she told me that everything looks good from application perspective and it is with the adjudicating officer...So I may hear anything soon..

when did u apply? what is your PD? Can you please post your details?

PD Feb '06 Non-retrogressed country
I-140/485 RD 05/01/06
I-140 AD 10/11/06
I-485 LUD 11/07/, 11/08
AD ???

How were you able to file for 485? EB2 india is not current for Mar 2003. It may become current in Dec or Jan - you'll have to wait till it becomes current.

plastic_card said:
Any EB2 approval with PD of March 2003. I'm from India and wiating for this for the last three years.

Hello

Hi,

Have u had any additional LUDs on your case? Are your security checks/name checks done? Is your case a Labor substitution case or it filed with your own labor?

can you please give more details on your case? you can please PM me.

bubble23 said:
PD Feb '06 Non-retrogressed country
I-140/485 RD 05/01/06
I-140 AD 10/11/06
I-485 LUD 11/07/, 11/08
AD ???

Gurus Advice Please !!!!

Guys,
My H1 extension is due on or before 14th Dec 2006, If you look at my case status my latest LUD is 11/02/06. Do you think I should file extension ? :confused:
Advice please, my lawyer say its better to file extension. What do you say? :eek:

Thanks

Did you get a message change on your LUD?

ho_jayega said:
Guys,
My H1 extension is due on or before 14th Dec 2006, If you look at my case status my latest LUD is 11/02/06. Do you think I should file extension ? :confused:
Advice please, my lawyer say its better to file extension. What do you say? :eek:

Thanks

Ho_jayega, did your message change on your 11/02 LUD? I did file my H1b extension for the 8th year back in October just in case, I would say it all depends on how certain you feel about your 485 approval coming soon, I would call NSC to inquire about your case, you might be able to find out if your case is just pending adjudication. Besides, if it is your second extension you only have to pay $190.00 for the extension plus attny fees. You still have about 4 more weeks to file for your extension. you never know what might happen tomorrow, or next week, your approval might be just around the corner. And good luck!

Thnak you Bubble23 !!!

bubble23 said:
Ho_jayega, did your message change on your 11/02 LUD? I did file my H1b extension for the 8th year back in October just in case, I would say it all depends on how certain you feel about your 485 approval coming soon, I would call NSC to inquire about your case, you might be able to find out if your case is just pending adjudication. Besides, if it is your second extension you only have to pay $190.00 for the extension plus attny fees. You still have about 4 more weeks to file for your extension. you never know what might happen tomorrow, or next week, your approval might be just around the corner. And good luck!
Thank you for wishes, well there was no change in message on the LUD change.
How do you know its just $190.00 + lawyer fees ( are you sure about it). :eek:
In fact mine is also 8th year extension.
Can you give me the # to call NSC ?
Instead of my case # what all the information I have to have before calling ?

THanks

Phone number to NSC

ho_jayega said:
Thank you for wishes, well there was no change in message on the LUD change.
How do you know its just $190.00 + lawyer fees ( are you sure about it). :eek:
In fact mine is also 8th year extension.
Can you give me the # to call NSC ?
Instead of my case # what all the information I have to have before calling ?

THanks

Yes, I am sure, you are not subject to the ACWIA fee of $1500.00 as long as it is the 2nd H1B extension with same employer, consult with your attorney to be 100% sure, for more information go to http://www.usvisanews.com/articles/memo2362.shtml
You can call NSC at 1-800-375-5283 then press 1-2-2-6-1 then enter your LIN number, press 1 for correct then press 3 and then 4, you will be directed to an immigration officer, tell him you want to place a case status inquiry on your 485 application and he will ask you information related to your I-485 only. Please let me know what you found out.

---------------------------------------------
I am by no means an expert, please consult with an immigration attorney to be sure.

cards received

This is a belated update to my case. Cards in mail were received at my home on 11/13. I had already travelled out of the country after getting an ADIT/I551 stamp in my passport which I will use to enter the US and get hold of the physical green cards.

Green Card approved

I got an approval notice from USCIS yesterday (Nov 20th)
Here are my details:

EB2
USCIS Notice date: June 02 2006
I-140 premium processing applied on Oct 10 2006
I-140 approved Oct 11 2006
I-485 LUD July 2006
I-485 approved Nov 20th 2006

Eb2 Eligibilty Question

I subtituted labor 86k salary, Master degree with one year exp.
I got I-140 approved in EB3. Is that Iam eligible for Eb2?

FP and LUD

I filed I140/485 concurrently in September to NSC. The file was received and noted by them in October. I also did FP(code3) 2 weeks ago. Now when I checked my case status online, I only see the case was received in Ocotober and pending. There is no mentioning of FP and date. Is this normal? Thanks!

FBI Name Check?

sck3 said:
I got an approval notice from USCIS yesterday (Nov 20th)
Here are my details:

EB2
USCIS Notice date: June 02 2006
I-140 premium processing applied on Oct 10 2006
I-140 approved Oct 11 2006
I-485 LUD July 2006
I-485 approved Nov 20th 2006

Congratulations on receiving the card.

For those who have an approved I485, can I ask when did the FBI Name check clear for you? Did you inquire with infopass before and after your I140 was approved and did you receive a useful answer from the officer?

My name check is still pending. I don't know whether it is pending because my name qualified for a detailed investigation, or, is it pending because name check process has not started yet. Is there a way to find out more than just routine replies from the officer.

During my info pass appointment, the officer said that I should not expect any movement in Name Check or I485, until I140 is approved. True?

EB2
I140 Notice Date: June 12 2006
I140 Pending (after RFE)
I485 concurrent: Pending

Does message change after fp

I recieved a FP Code3 on 03/09/2006, but the online message did not change after that. It still shows that USCIS received the response to RFE on 09/20/2005. Does it change after Finger print. I am concerned becuase my dates are current and there is not updates.
EB2
PD: 08/2002
I485 RD: 02/2004
I have applied for my 4th EAD.
Please do let me know if you guys had a FP and the online status message indicated the same .
Thank you guys!!

Primary case was approved today from NSC. Dep case received RFE. When we called 1 week back we were told that both name checks were cleared and the cases were with officer and we should hear in 30 days. So looks like they actually kept that word.

Now the wait for the RFE.....