EAD/Interim EAD stories

My 797 form does not read that. It has sections for:

- Receipt Notice
- Processing Time
- Notice to all Customers with a pending I-130 petition

Thats all. Maybe there is difference since our service centers are different?

how about 1st EAD application

I only see sb can get IEAD within 90 days for renewal one. how about the new one? Can I get it within 90 with the employment letter? thanks so much. EAD is very emergent for me to get an offer.
thanks again!

Applying EAD needs employer letter ?

Gurus,
My employer filed for I-140 & 485 on before sept 30 but did not file for EAD and AP. I received receipts for 140 & 485. If I've to apply EAD by myself (without attorney) do I need an employer letter along with it or just a copy of my pending 485 should be fine?

thanks in advance...

Job Change on EAD - Need advice plz

Hello Friends,

I'm planning to change employment and need your valuable input on this:

My case:

2. LC Aprvd Date: Mar'04
3. I-140, I-485 RD: May'04
4. I-140 AD: Dec'04
5. Renewed EAD in Mar'05
6. Still on H1B with the same employer

1. What needs to be done for changing the employer? AC 21 etc.
2. How to make sure that my labor is not copied and used for someone else?
3. Heard that some companies do this, my comp is not like that, however, we cannot trust these comps as they value mony than morals.
4. I have a copy of the front page of the LC - don't know how to interpert that? - Need help.

Any suggestions on changing jobs on EAD (pending 485 for more than 1 yr)
are really appreciated.

Thanks,

GCMax

My H1B visa is expired but I have valid H1B status, EAD and AP. When I travel outside, I can come back in using AP. For that I do not have to change to EAD, right? I read somewhere is that as long as H1B status is valid, you can enter using AP and still be on H1B. Do not need to get H1B visa in that case, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
iEAD sample letter - Urgent

Can anyone please post a Interim EAD sample letter. I need this urgently. Thanks in advance. Really appreciate it.

EAD Renewal , MIAMI, FL

I followed the instructions as mentioned in this posting. It worked well for me within 6 weeks (duration may not be the same for all). One of the most important thing that we need to remember is that if your EAD is to expire somewhere between Dec to Mar , please file for renewal atleast 125 days before . The reason is ' HOLIDAYS SEASON' :eek: . By this way you may not worry that your EAD takes time to get approved.

My EAD is to expire on Mar 1st. I filed for EAD renewal online as per the instrucions given here in this posting. Except the mailing address of the additional documents to 'LEES SUMMIT' in my case. The instruction in this posting says Texas address. Please be sure to the address that is given in the Online filing while you do it. Comming back to my EAD renewal, Mine did not get approved till last week. I received a mail from INS that my EAD got approved.

Case status Online :confused:
-------------------
The best thing you can do is to register your profile at https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp
This is the best way to get to know on the cases ASAP.

EAD Renewal MIAMI, Florida :)
--------------------------
For the people in Miami, an alternate if your ead not approved within the time period, Goto local USCIS at Biscyane blvd two weeks b4 the expiry date. Just try to get in and say you are there to renew the EAD. Go there b4 7 am. Your job will be done.

need help regarding my OPT EAD v urgent!!!

Hi:
I applied for my EAD and got it approved from Dec 12, 2005. The problem was the check was bounced. I waited for the NOTICE as to wat actions I have to take to rectify this. I received a letter on Jan 18 saying my application has been rejected as improperly filed. A new application and a new fee is required if you wish to pursue the benefits. I reapplied. I graduated on Dec 10, 2005. My OPT I-20 is still valid till Dec 11, 2006. In the meantime I do not know what my current status is. I went to USCIS, San Jose they said u have a valid I-20, but the school people said that I am in grace period since my EAD was revoked. I am in a confusion. Please can anyone help me and tell me what is my status and what should i be doing?
Thanks in advance
Chethan

My iterim EAD Story

I applied my 3rd EAD with receipt date of jan,3rd 2006 and where my current one expires on Feb 2nd, 2006. My employer who was not picky became very picky to have Valid EAD.
With out EAD I can not work and it is only 30 days my EAD is applied ( goofup with my attorney and my overlooking the things) , so I thought there is no chance and have to sit home two months with out job.

As a last ditch effort , took a info pass appointment in local USCIS offce ( Dallas, TX) and also asked a letter from my employer about requesting a expediting EAD and if not there have to terminate my employment.
Took both of them and went to USCIS on the same day my EAD expires and told them that this is the case .if I dont have have EAD, I loose my job. On the day of appointment I went to USCIS office and at the counter he rejected saying it is not 90 days and then I explained my situation about job and he asked for document to prove that, when I provided that he talk to some body in side (They seems to be good mood on that day), and after some wait they said they are willing to consider the application.

All in all it took whole wait to get it done , but end of the day I got my EAD and saved my job. So there is still hope in the system

thanks,

Transfered to Atlanta

I got the following email 3 times on 2/9.
Why are they transfering to local office?
Why after 40+ days?
Please share your experiences/thoughts.

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: EAC0606451XXX

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status:

On February 9, 2006, we transferred your I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT
AUTHORIZATION to an office in ATLANTA, GA for processing. Our office in ATLANTA,
GA will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You
should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a
local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283
to receive information about local office processing times.

RFE on EAD

HI Guys,

I-765 November 17
RFE January 17
RFE replied back 8th Feb 2006

I filed my I-765 on November 17 2005 Received Date, Got RFE on Additional Evidence requiring a Reciept of I-485 on 17 jan 2006, I replied them back and they received my reply on Feb 8 2006, i just want to know if i am eligible to get Interim EAD on 17 Feb 2006 or not. If not the what date i am Eligible.

Regards,

SB

Here is my EAD story

Filed EAD in CSC with a RD of Nov 15th 2005. Current EAD expires tomorrow. I made an infopass appointment for today. Went in and talked to the officer,
He told me someone at CSC just reviewed my case and a REF has been sent to me on Feb 10th ( I have not received yet). Since my case is waiting for additional info, he cannot issue me a Interim EAD today. Also, after I respond to the REF, I cannot get a IEAD until 90 days later.

Looks like I am out of luck here. I used AP to travel outside the US. I believe I lost my H1-b status as well.

Any alternatives besides taking an unpaid vacation here?
Anyone under the same boat here?

RFE on EAD

I have applied to EAD and AP on Nov.15th 2005. I got RFE on my EAD (I already got my AP and also my wife got her AP and EAD) and we send back the document on Feb.16th. I had LUD yesterday but nothing yet. I am planning to go a trip with AP. any advise? is there anyone with this situation. please let me know. how long it will take to get EAD card. the document which they want was my signature and my attorney told me that this should be the last step so it will be very fast!!!!

qzuma said:
Here is my EAD story

Filed EAD in CSC with a RD of Nov 15th 2005. Current EAD expires tomorrow. I made an infopass appointment for today. Went in and talked to the officer,
He told me someone at CSC just reviewed my case and a REF has been sent to me on Feb 10th ( I have not received yet). Since my case is waiting for additional info, he cannot issue me a Interim EAD today. Also, after I respond to the REF, I cannot get a IEAD until 90 days later.

Looks like I am out of luck here. I used AP to travel outside the US. I believe I lost my H1-b status as well.

Any alternatives besides taking an unpaid vacation here?
Anyone under the same boat here?

AOS abroad- Can i use my AP?

Situation: I already had my interview and was approved. They couldnt stamp my passport due the background check is pending.

I have Advance Parole and i need to go to my home country..

What would it happend if the green card is granted while i am abroad, can i return usa using the AP?

I dont know much about immigration laws but common sense indicates that if....

1)You were approved in your AOS interview. not Stamp becouse they are waiting the Biometric results

2) you have Advance Parole

3) Your Green Card is granted while you are abroad...

The officer at the port of entry has no reason to deny you to re - enter USA

Well, Thanks for your help since i cannot hire an attorney

I ll keep searching info on internet. Let me know please if you find out something

Thanks

Interim EAD ( before the completion of 90 days grace period from the Receipt date)

Hello Sir,

I got a typical problem..
Rightnow I'm working as a full-time employee with one among the big consulting company on EAD basis, my Greencard was sponserd by some other company and my i-485 is pending since March 8, 2004 onwards and I have applied for my EAD extension on Jan 5'th 2006, but my current EAD is valid until March 24,2006 , I haven't received new EAD yet as of today.
My company is saying that I can't work until I get the EAD approved.So I won't get paid for that period and also they won't keepme as an employee.
As I know there is a process called requesting Interim EAD , but which can be possible only after 90 days from the reciept date of my extension...But pls let me know what could be the otheroption to keep working in teh company without having a break or lost the job.

It would be appreciate on any help in this regard.

Thanks in Advance
PG

doesn't matter if its not 90 days yet. take a letter frm ur HR mentioning that u work for them and u need EAD or else u will lose ur job, othr paper work and go to the local office and ask for intrim EAD , i m sure u will get it. They are not as bad as we think and can be very supportive at times if u have all paperwork with u. Good luck.

After 100 days of applying for renewing our 3rd EAD and AP, I havn't got my EAD and AP.

I don't know the reason. (Any Idea what could be the reasons?)

I have taken appointment with Local INS.

Do they issue the EAD on the spot?

Do they issue AP too?

Thanks

kskrajendra said:
After 100 days of applying for renewing our 3rd EAD and AP, I havn't got my EAD and AP.

I don't know the reason. (Any Idea what could be the reasons?)

I have taken appointment with Local INS.

Do they issue the EAD on the spot?

Do they issue AP too?

Thanks

Hi ,
You should be able to get your EAD from the Local Office !! About the AP , i don't think so , but an inquiery about this don't hurt nobody !!!
Good luck .

thanks for your reply.

Do they issue EAD on the spot?

interim EAD is valid for how many months?

I havn't heard any RFE and my LUD is not changed from the receipt date.

Thanks