EAD/Interim EAD stories

raveesh12 said:
I went to local office today just to talk to an officer with infopass appointment letter and they let me in .
Officer was very nice , he checked EAD case status on his computer and said this case is already approved but service center is waiting for ur Finger print and after that they will release your card .He said I can not give any teno EAD then I requested him if he could give me an appointment before expiring my EAD and he gave me on same day.
I got my FP done and will receive card within 10 days( As per officer).

Atleast I have no fear now to work illegally or take leaves without pay after expiration .

Thanks

Is the FP necessary for EAD? I don't think so.

EAD- nebraska center

Hi

Can anyone tell me how long does it take to receive the input about EAD? On 13th july it will be 90 days of my filing for EAD. I can see my case status online, updated on 6/3/05 but nothing has been intimated about EAD yet. Also I have got fingerprinting and biometrics appointment in august. Will it affect getting the EAD? Do they give EAD only to those who have gone through fingerprinting and biometrics? Is there any relation between the two?

I would really appreciate the responses.

Thanks

EAD expires in 3 weeks

Hi

My EAD expires in 3 weeks.
I have applied for renewal only 2 weeks ago.
And I have an Infopass appointment next week.

Is it possible that they may issue me an Interim EAD?

Or do I have to go back to India if they do not?

nayanls

Intrem EAD at Chicago Local office

I have applied for my 3rd EAD on May 11,2005. My current EAD was expiring on July 23,2005. Since It has been 70 days, and I have not received the new EAD, I got the infopass appointment for today @7:30 and got out from there at 8:30 with IEAD for 3 months. Here is what I've noticed.

1) The person at the door was asking everyone if they had an infopass. and saying they do not allow any walk-in except the emergencies. So take the infopass if possible. It makes a great difference in waiting. ppl. with infopass gets prefrence everywhere,At the door and inside the office.

2) I chked the security clearence, and went to the 2nd floor, the lady at the information seen my appointment, gave me I-765 form to fill out (which I had already filled with me) and asked me to go to the area where EAD/I-130 were being processed. You need to put your Infopass appointment letter in the bin (labeled as Infopass EAD)there along with your I-765 form and take a sit.

3) after 15 mins. wait, the lady officer came asked me to step up, and said, " I need your current EAD, your ID and your receit for I-765 " I gave it to her, she saw my ID, gave it back and asked me to wait for sometime and said she will be right back.

4) after 10 more mins. wait, she came back and retrurn me my receit for I-765. and asked me to take a sit again.

5) after few mins. another lady came, and asked me to chk my name and birthdate on a paper and asked me to sign my name, and took my index fingure print and took me to the office for the picture and asked me to wait.

6) after 10 mins or so, the lady officer came and gave me the laminated IEAD which wasvalid for 3 months.

This is what I took with me. But she did not ask for most of them.

1) I-765 form
2) copy of I-765 receit
3) copy of I-485 receit
4)copy of current EAD
5)copy of I-94
6)letter from my HR varifying my employment.
7)copy of my recent two pay stubs

There was another fella with me, whose EAD was expiring today, and he had only applied last week for renew but had to come to get IEAD cos his company told him that they will fire him if he does not bring new EAD. To him, that lady officer asked to give letter from his company. so I think, to be safe side, you need to bring the letter from your employer. He also got IEAD for 3 months.

Hope this will help for ppl in the same situation.

Any ideas??

Hi following is my situation, I appreciate your suggestion..

I have an EAD(expired on July 12th) but still continuing on H1B (7th year extention). I applied for the renewal on June 23rd. Now I've couple of offers and want to change the company. If I wait for the EAD renewal to come through I may lose the offers.

What are my options?

- Can I take an appointment using infoPass for interimEAD? (but I'll not be getting the Employer supporting letter to issue the interimEAD).. without the letter will they issue OR its all luck?

- Are there any ways to negotiate with the new employer?

- Any other ideas??

I appreciate your help,

Thanks

divorce after EAD?

Hi

I just got my EAD but we are having some problem with our marriage. I just want to ask if we divorce, then will my EAD be cancelled automatically or else what will happen and what I need to do?

Reponses will be highlly appreciated.

My Interim EAD experience

Hello all: I have this question for you if could help me.

I applied for AOS (I sent I-485, I-864, I-765, I-130 to Chicago lockbox)based on Marriage to USC. My timeline is as follows:

RD: April 29th, 2005
ND: May 25th, 2005
FP/Biometrics: June'25th, 2005
RFE for Medical: July '16th
Medical Submitted/Received: August 16th, 2005
I-485 LUD: August, 29th, 2005

But NO EAD yet :mad: !! I talked to CSC Hotline many times about my I-765 and they said after 90 days you can go to DO and get a Interim one. On Sept, 6th, way past 90 days from ND, I went to Detroit DO to get an Interim one because I have job lined up for a presitigious IT consulting company. But they refused to give me interim because apparently when I did my FP, I was supposed to tell the ASC people that I have applied for I-765 also and they will send the FP file to I-765 adjudication as well as for I-485. And the immigration officer said, "Maybe, that is why your I-765 is on hold." And apparently he didn't know on what ground I was seeking EAD because he asked me, "Are you doing your AOS on LIFE act, Legalization?" I said, "No sir, I am doing on the basis on my wife being a USC." Then he sort of fiddled with the computer and said, "Your I-765 application has C29 code , it should be c4 etc etc " which by the way I didn't fully realize what it was about. BTW, at the time FP/Bio I took ALL my receipts with me but they only stamped on my I-485 receipt and NOT on my I-765 receipt. Oh!, then the DO officer told me, " Go back to ASC and tell them to send your FP for I-765 also". When I asked, "Can I just walk in or do I have to make an appointment?" he sort of raised his shoulder.."Yes, Yes..just call hmmm"..He didn't even know what he wanted me to do, can you believe it?? Then he said, "Your application (which one?? ) is on hold since August 23rd and you have to call the hotline to see why?"

Well, then I left.

I came back and called USCIS hotline and talked to a Immigration officer on the phone and asked her, "Can you tell me what DO officer was talking about and why i can't get my interim EAD?" She said, "I don't know why he referrerd you to us, they at the DO have much more information than we do here". And then she explained about RFE and how that reset the ND for EAD. She couldn't clarify what or why or which of my appliation is on hold. When I asked "Is my application complete now?" She said, "As of August 16th, your I-485 application is complete".

Oh..BTW: LUD on my I-765 is Sept'06,2005, the day I went for interim EAD.

My question is : Is it true you have to go for two FP/Bio for I-485 and I-765?? Isn't it supposed to be one FP for both of those applications? Then why DO officer (and honestly he didn't seemed to know what was wrong either, he sort of looked apologetic (from his body language) when he declined to give me interim EAD!!) asked me to go back to ASC and tell them to resubmit my same FP/Bio for I-765? D

Do you have any experience about these sort of things? what is going on?

interim EAD stopped at Manchester NH USCIS Office

My EAD expires about 10 days before my 90 days is complete, so just 2 days before my current EAD expires, I went to Manchester, NH USCIS office with an infopass appointment for interim EAD, thinking they might not give me an iEAD until I complete 90 days. but this is what happened.

Immigration Officer at Manchester NH, asked me all documents, looked up on his computer and goes, "everything looks good, you should get it in 2-4 weeks"... I am now really taken aback...

I ask him if i can get an interim EAD, he says, there has been a lot of fraud recently and we stopped giving interim EAD.

I ask him what do i do if my employer asks for proof of work authorization, he goes, " they are usually pretty understanding about it, tell them its in the mail"

and then I ask him if i can get something in writing, he says, he cant do that..

I dont know if I am completely disconnected with the latest about iEAD or if he is just in a bad mood or that EAD has been issued and for some reason he cannot re-issue as an interim EAD. but he didnt say that it has been issued. I wish it struck me to ask this specific question...

Last edited by a moderator:
this is amazing. i thought you can ONLY apply for interim EAD if 90 days have passed since USCIS received your EAD application. has the "90 day" rules changed or is it just that they are less strict on this rule in implementation? thanks for a reply.

yfehgh,

i think I heard that some ASCs dont insist on 90days to pass.. if one is close to that days and has an expired EAD, they seem to be understandable.. but in my case, its worse as the officer is indicating they will never give iEAD anymore..

fast ead approval at vsc

paper filed/mailed ead renewal at vsc on 8/19/05. get the card 9/21/05. that is fast.

Thanks ! for the Reply.
Infact, I have seen people getting FP notices from USCIS the moment the y get the RD for their 485
Application or Concur Applications. Is this supposed to happen when I485 case if ready to be adjudicated ?

You know I read that somewhere as well. But the same did not happen in my case. I have the 485 notice in my hand right now but on the 797 do not see any mention of FP notice...therefore cannot comment on it.

dcmetro,

If you look into your I485 receipt notice at the bottom of the page, saying "If this receipt ... I90, I-485 ..." blah blah blah ..
The next step is book appointment for Biometrics ... blah blah blah ...
Call the customer service .. blah blah..

What does this mean? Does it mean, you need to call them to get the appointment? Do we need to complete this before I-765 (EAD) is ready to be adjudicated?

HI GUYS,
PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE. THANKS!