EAD/Interim EAD stories

EAD expiring soon. Renewal question

I had just applied for my EAD renewal before 2 months of its expiry.
What are my options if I don't get my new EAD card before my existing one expires.
I have already started using EAD.
Can I keep working till i get approved?
How long is it taking for EAD renewal to get approved in VSC?

Comments will be appreciated.

Thanks

Stolen EAD

I applied my paper EAD3 at VSC in 12/05. It was transfered to Atlanta in 02/06. It was over 90 days last week. I took infopass appt. for 3/30/06. Unfortunately, I could not take a day off to go to Atlanta (6 hrs one-way).
I tried to get Monday infopass appt. No luck. I decided to go on Monday (04/03/06) with the old infopass appt letter. I had my passports, copies of I-765 forms with our SSN, DOB, A#, all personal info, old EADs in my bag. It was stolen from my car (04/01/06) in Atlanta. So I did not go to ATL DO and drove 6 hrs back to home.

Anybody had similar experience?
Any advice in terms USCIS, ID theft/fraud, etc.,?
Thank you in advance

Hi Friends,

I have applied for my 2nd EAD online on 03/06/06, my old ead is going to expire on 04/07/06. after applying online do I have to send any documents to VSC, they replied for my application saying need to make an appointment for finger prints. I called VSC and made an appointment. I am doing to right thing
so confused what to do.

need some suggestions... help me out.

u will not be authorised to work if u dnt get ur new ead before ur old ead expires.

v_ganeshraju said:
I had just applied for my EAD renewal before 2 months of its expiry.
What are my options if I don't get my new EAD card before my existing one expires.
I have already started using EAD.
Can I keep working till i get approved?
How long is it taking for EAD renewal to get approved in VSC?

Comments will be appreciated.

Thanks

Applied for second EAD and waiting for status

I applied for my second EAD on 02/03/06 and my file was touched b/n 02/24-02/28 with out any messsage. My first EAD is going to expire on 05/13/06. My question is, can I take infopass appointment now and get an interim EAD or wait for some more time to find out the status on my second EAD, which is currently pending...

Thanks in advance..

EB3- (sub labor)
EAD#1 --> AD 05/13/05
AP#1 --> AD 11/05
FP (code3) completed on 05/13, no messages after that
I140 and 485 --> RD 04/18/05, ND 04/22/05, LUD 05/13(FP), 02/17/06(Address change)...waiting for I140 and 485

slkrk, I am in similar situation as well. My EAD is going to expire around the time. I applied EAD renewal on 01/31. Not sure what to do and nobody is responding to my questions as well. I don't know whether we can take infopass appointment before 90 days or we are suppose to take infopass appointment after 90 days?

atmaramji, Thanks for your response. U didn't interpret correctly. what i am saying is if i wait for after 90 days then i try to take infopass appointment, i may not get the infopass appointment right away? I might get the date after an month or so? It would be too late and i have to take forced vacation.
In other words, is it possible to get infopass appointment next day?

So, what i am asking is can i go to USCIS.gov website now and take the infopass appointment (say 90 days would be April 30th) for May 1st?

Ahhha! Gotcha!!
You can take the infopass appt for that date, IF it is available.
I am not sure about what center you will try, but my center,Baltimore, they open appts fourteen days in advance only. Which means, I can take appt for upto April 19th, today.
If you do get the appt for May 1st, go take it... so that there is no gap between the 90th day and the day you get an iEAD.

atmaramji said:
Ahhha! Gotcha!!
You can take the infopass appt for that date, IF it is available.
I am not sure about what center you will try, but my center,Baltimore, they open appts fourteen days in advance only. Which means, I can take appt for upto April 19th, today.
If you do get the appt for May 1st, go take it... so that there is no gap between the 90th day and the day you get an iEAD.

Newark local office -- any experiences?

Please Help me

I'am on EAD (exp date Oct-2006) now and wish to bring my parents here.What are the supporting documents to be provided as my passport has all the expired visas.My mother-in-law's visa was rejected twice in the past,at her second time they didn't even check any other documents other than my passport copies and just rejected soon after seeing it.So I'm quite worried as to how it goes in my parent's case.Appreciate it if someone could pls let me know how to proceed with this.

Thanks in advance.

dcmetro22042 said:
Do you guys know if one can get an interim AP just like an interim EAD, if the processing takes over 90 days?

I heard that you can always re-apply for AP again.......even though, you already have pending AP in USCIS.
Also, i was reading in one of the forums about getting Emergency AP from local office if you justice the need for.

Actual EAD after getting interim

Has anybody gotten the actual EAD after getting there Interim EAD. Do i have to do anything special to get the EAD for 12 months. Please let me know.

please help me on ead issue...

i lost the track of my ead expiry date (since it is the 4th one) and now i am in trouble...let me know what are my options...

my ead will expire on may 15th ...i applied on march 28th...there is no way i will get approved...so since it is less than 90 days...can i get interim-ead?? if i do not get it does it even matter if i continue the job???

thanks,
mv1211

in between ead's

atmaramji,

what happened back in 2004 (from the link you posted)? did you finally got the ead before 90 days? if not then did you continue working?

i posted here my question about my ead getting expired middle of may and i only applied ead 10days back...am i in trouble? should i worry about it...???

atmaramji said:
Hi Hope and Sklrk,

Most USCIS centers don't entertain your request for iEAD before the 90 day period.
Although I have read here that some folks did get iEAD before 90 days, majority (including me) were disappointed.

My experience is...
http://www.ImmigrationPortal.com/showthread.php?t=204923&referrerid=95696

Legally, you can not work before you get your renewed EAD or an interim EAD. Although some people (even some lawyers) say that you are ok as long as you have the renewal receipt (I guess the receipt number is identical to your new EAD card). I think you may try to get an interim EAD at a local office on the expiration date of your EAD with a letter from your employer. I have the similar problem although I filed my renewal about 85 days ago before the expiration. Definitely I will apply for the renewal more than 90 days before if I have to do this next time.

Good luck,
bobby

mv1211 said:
atmaramji,

what happened back in 2004 (from the link you posted)? did you finally got the ead before 90 days? if not then did you continue working?

i posted here my question about my ead getting expired middle of may and i only applied ead 10days back...am i in trouble? should i worry about it...???

thanks for your input bobby!!

i have a followup question if you do not mind...i live in philadelphia...do you know if philly bcis office if cool with issuing ead much before 90-day rule?? also, what do i select on infopass appointment...it has options of 90+ days for ead?

by the way today morning i went for ead picture and fingerprinting without an appointment and the ASC were cool about it...

thanks,
mv1211

bobbyren said:
Legally, you can not work before you get your renewed EAD or an interim EAD. Although some people (even some lawyers) say that you are ok as long as you have the renewal receipt (I guess the receipt number is identical to your new EAD card). I think you may try to get an interim EAD at a local office on the expiration date of your EAD with a letter from your employer. I have the similar problem although I filed my renewal about 85 days ago before the expiration. Definitely I will apply for the renewal more than 90 days before if I have to do this next time.

Good luck,
bobby

mv1211,
I am not sure if the Philly office is cool enough to issue an iEAD before 90 days. I am going to find this out this coming Wednesday after waiting for 79 days for my renewal not being approved. Will let you know the result.
bobby

mv1211 said:
thanks for your input bobby!!

i have a followup question if you do not mind...i live in philadelphia...do you know if philly bcis office if cool with issuing ead much before 90-day rule?? also, what do i select on infopass appointment...it has options of 90+ days for ead?

by the way today morning i went for ead picture and fingerprinting without an appointment and the ASC were cool about it...

thanks,
mv1211