EAD card processing slowed down/ Misinformation on website?

COngrats to everyone who got their EADs approved. I received my EAD card today... It took exactly 1 week.
Good Luck Everyone
Sridevi

i haven't got mine. there are two luds today and yeserday. I called TSC, and they said my case need further review. too bad~ I am very fraustrated :( :(

Further review after approval?????????

Is yours a simple case with simple filing without CPTs and any extra/other additions/complexities? If it is then I will be shocked too.

My case should be simplest with No CPT, No special work permits or pre-OPTs etc. If they have approved May 22 cases then I believe May 26 cases should be approved within this week only. My LUD hasn't changed yet, which is strange.

EAD approved

hi everyone,

finally god and USCIS heard me and my application got approved today.

congrats to others whose applications got approved and best of luck to ones waiting...

gud luch everyone

it was a nice experience sharing problems with one another...

thanks everyone and all the best

regards
Pooja

Querry

I am a big novice to the whole EAD scenario....

I applied to Texas center, and they filed my EAD application on 5th june.

I finished my PhD last week, and i have a job in california which starts on 28th august......

I have requested a start date on OPT to be 1st july...
I havent gotten any news about my EAD....

What do you guyz suggest i should do ?

Sanket

I got my card whenI went for my IEAD appointment. I was surprised to see that they gave me an actual card and not an IEAD. When I cam eback I learnt that my case was approved that morning. So it was not an IEAD but the actual card. I think they processed a big batch this weekend.

Thanks for all your help..for the ones waiting, don't worry. Slowly but surely the cards are coming

driver_license said:
hi everyone,

finally god and USCIS heard me and my application got approved today.

congrats to others whose applications got approved and best of luck to ones waiting...

gud luch everyone

it was a nice experience sharing problems with one another...

thanks everyone and all the best

regards
Pooja

Hi,

Can you please mention your RD, Approval Date and LUDs? It would give me good statistical idea on how much time it might take for my card to get approved.

Thanks.
Best Regards.

sanket140 said:
I am a big novice to the whole EAD scenario....

I applied to Texas center, and they filed my EAD application on 5th june.

I finished my PhD last week, and i have a job in california which starts on 28th august......

I have requested a start date on OPT to be 1st july...
I havent gotten any news about my EAD....

What do you guyz suggest i should do ?

Sanket

My RD is June 14. I think the best option is to WAIT....

Opt Approved

My OPT application was approved on 08/09/2006.

RD: 06/14/2006
LUD: 07/08/2006
LUD: 08/10/2006

Status: After approval of application a new card has been ordered.

Best of luck guys!

14th june RD and it got approved......!!!!

mine was 5th june RD i havent heard any thing.....

watz going on.......any one else after 5th june got approval on EAD ???

Sanket

shalabh said:
My OPT application was approved on 08/09/2006.

RD: 06/14/2006
LUD: 07/08/2006
LUD: 08/10/2006

Status: After approval of application a new card has been ordered.

Best of luck guys!

Congrats Shalabh; Did you request for an expedited service?

I am surprised/shocked....June cases got approved !! My RD is May 26 and my school is not ready to do anything for me saying its not 90th day yet. Bastards !!

Anyway, I can only wait. I read on trackitt that a May 23rd case got approved on August 8. 2 May 22 cases are there too. I hope I am close because my employer is getting impatient. :-(

Best Regards.

Hi,

Its my 77th day so I am gonna go ahead and apply for I-EAD appointment. I got stuck at the option list...which Option shall I select?

Is it Option 1 that says that "I have received I 797 notice and ........"

OR

"It has been more than 90 days since you filed an I-765 and you did not receive an Employment Authorization Card."

Please let me know the option I can select to make an appointment 14 days ahead of time. Also, please let me know about any other such questions that one may get confused at as we move further on the appointment form.

And It would be great if you guys may mention any other case who got approved. May 23 was last one I heard about on trackitt.com. I read 2-3 guys with May 24 cases and a guy with may 25th case here on this thread. Please mention your status here.

Thanks.
Best Regards.

hi guys,

i had been to the Dallas DO for iEAD. They denied the request. they said that they donot process OPT - EADs (i.e., category - c 3 i ). After clearly explaining, that its an interim EAD request, showing letter from employer, letter from international councellor, and that 90 days has passed since i had applied for EAD and acc. to the USCIS website, am eligible for iEAD ( i even showed the USCIS issued public notice (july 28)) - they said they no longer take in interim/temporary OPT/EAD requests. there were otehr students in line with me - they were denied too.

I fixed an appt immediately with the houston DO (the houston DO check in officer was pissed that i got an infopass appt at houston when i belonged to the dallas jurisdiction but after an earful, he let me in to talk to the immigration officer but told me that they will not process my application here). but atleast, i got to talk to the immi officer.

the houston DO told me the same thing. they said a lot of f1 students are asking for iEAD as the process is taking long - but unfortunately, they no longer give temp EADs or interim EADs. I also met some students with May 1st RD in houston DO. they got the same answer.

When i told them (both dallas and houston do) that there are other district offices that are still issuing iEADs....they said they donot know anything about other DOs. but their DO will not issue iEAD.

I asked them what are students supposed to do? even after the 90 day period, it seems unfair that some students are getting iEADs while some are not. they asked me to mail a letter to the TSC (mesquite,tx) where i had initially filed the application and find out why its taking long.

I have faxed an expidite request to TSC from me (july 27th), a request from my international councellor(aug 2), a request from my employer (aug 9th). when i asked the DO about it, they said tht that i just have to wait.

on asking about the processing times on the website, and how come ppl with june dates are getting processed but dates in may are still left out - i was given a shrug and was asked to leave.

In texas, Dallas DO and Houston DO donot issue OPT - EADs or iEADs for sure.
i have no idea what am i supposed to do now. my empoyer has been holding my position since july. am exhausted, frustrated and feel totally helpless

RD June 28
Approval update August 4
Card sent update August 6
Card recieved August 10

Applied for employment start date as August 1 but now Start date as approval date i.e August 4

Thank you for sharin your views it was a great support.

June 28??????

WT hell. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 6 then June 14 and now June 28th?

What about us? I am May 26th case still waiting for nothing. My start date was August 7 and its already August 11.

Still Waiting....

My Application Receive Date was June 5th and I am still waiting....
My employer is fluid with my start date so I am okay.

Here is an inside info, I contacted an immigration attorney at my school and he gave the processing date of OPT application even before it was posted on the USCIS website. I don't know how often he gets his news letter.

For those who got their card...congrats. Please post your statistics, so we get an idea.
For those who are waiting like myself...lets hope for the best

They are inconsistent

RD june 8

I have not received it yet. I have no idea why they are inconsistent in their processing. It could be that there are some employees that are so slow, which makes it hard to know when your application will be approved.

My school is not helping at all. I asked for my OPT to start on August 12. MY job contract will start on august 19.

Let us hope we will get it before.