EAD card processing slowed down/ Misinformation on website?

new LUD : 15th Aug (RD was 12th May)
new status:
"This case has been approved. On August 15, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours."

whatz approval notice?? same as card??

To Priya

Hey Priya,
Did you hear an update from USCIS
i got this update

"This case has been approved. On August 15, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours."

On Aug 15....

does this mean they posted my card to be sent to me ?

Please let me know....

Sanket

Leo

LEO

Yes. I know someone from UTD with a RD may 25 and got approved online. The OPT has not been received yet. Good Luck.

Approved !!

Hi,

Finally !! My application got approved.

RD: May 26, 2006

Approval Date: August 14, 2006.

Though I got the email in morning and I saw it when I was so depressed and was turning on my computer to print out the letter and fax it to USCIS.

It says new card has been ordered. I don't know how much time would it take for next update !!! :confused: :confused:

Does anyone know the pattern? How much time does it usually take for them to give notification of Sending the card and how much time in addition does it take for card to arrive?

PS: I humbly thank everyone for sticking around and giving invaluble views.

Best Regards.

Congratulations, Leo !!!!!! i can imagine the relief !!! finalllly!

Sanket,

from prev trends, am expecting the card to arrive in 4-5 days max from the day the status mesg is "approval notice is mailed". we shud get it by fri-sat or early next week. earlier the better, but hope it doesnt take later than that.

tnx for letting me know. please do update any further LUDs or mesgs.

Congrats

Congrats LEO.

What number did you call to ask about your case. Can you post that please. Thanks

Got the card

Leo,
Congratulations !!!

I was kinda feeling guilty, cause i was happy for my case to get approved when people waiting much before me were not approved yet.......

Yes now you will get another email or update saying your card has been sent....

Priya,
I got my card today ....:) Physically in my hand........
I think yours must have come tooo.......:)

Another interesting thing, i had asked for my OPT start date to be 1st july, but the dates on the card start from 10th august to next 9th aug.....which is good since i am anyways not working till 28th aug....
anybody else has similar case ?????

Lemme know.....

For everybody else, a quick update.,
RD : 5th june
LUD : 12th aug : approved
LUD : 15th aug : card sent
16th aug...card recieved.......

wow! thats quick, sanket! Congratulations!!!!!

i contacted my I'tnl councellor today and no news abt card yet. where do u stay? as in, jus chking if u r arnd the DFW area -then, i'll be getting the card tmrw hopefully.

I live in plano....
Ya it was surprising that i got it so fast...infact today morning i got the automated email that my card had been sent out....
and in afternoon i got a call from my ISSO office that my card is already there....
I go to....well used to go to....UTD......so richardson area....

So i guess u will get it fast......hopefully tomorrow....

Sanket

h1973 said:
Congrats LEO.

What number did you call to ask about your case. Can you post that please. Thanks

Hi,

Thanks man !!

I called at 1-800-375-5283. Pending application and then they give you an up to date bullcrap information saying it has been taking 60-75 days right now. But, if you still want to talk to a customer representative then it would give you that option. Reach that customer rep. and tell him/her that Current processing time claimed by USCIS is 60-75 days and your case has taken so and so days. So, it has reached/almost reaching the maximum time that it has been taking these days. Also, make sure you tell them that you have a job offer/financial constraint and you need the card. Keep polite tone. If they say they can't do nothing then request them to atleast send referrals. If they do then your case will be considered hopefully !!

Priya and Sanket,

Thanks a lot !! :) I know how relaxed I felt after checking the update.

Many thanks to sridevi_vangala too for her help.

I will update for next status msg.

Best Regards.
- Leo

Thank you LEO

Thanks LEO. I am glad that you got yours approved. Good Luck in your job.

Best Wishes

sanket,

u got an e-mail abt card (or approval notice?) separately? as in., did the email have a diff status mesg frm the one u had on aug 15th abt approval notice being mailed?

No Priya,
I got a verbatim email about my status as yours.....
approval has been sent = EAD card has been sent....

Sanket

OPT/EAD approved

Hi All

Application Receipt Date: June 5th, 2006
Approved Date: August 16th, 2006

Thanks Priya and others.
Later

I know a friend who got his approval yesterday.

RD june 9
Approval august 17.

Mine was june 8
Not approved yet.

Got the EAD card today thru mail. Can begin work finally !!
Thanks everyone! I cannot imagine how lost i'd have been without you all.

Good luck to the rest who are waiting !!

Quick Recap

05/12---RD @ TSC
06/03---First LUD
07/24---Called USCIS for case status update coz outside processing time
07/27---I faxed expedite request
08/01---Response from USCIS for 07/24 fone call (saying it'll take more time)
08/02---My Intl councellor faxed expedite request
08/07---Second LUD
08/09---I faxed employer's expedite request
08/10---Interim EAD were no longer given at Dallas/Houston on 90th day
08/11---Third LUD & "After Aprv. ur appl. a new card was ordered" status
08/15---Fourth LUD & "case has been apprvd. Approval notice mailed" status
08/18---Received card in hand.....after nearly a 100 day wait !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
EAD status

Hi Leo,
Even my receipt date was May 26.

RD - May 26
Approved - Aug 10
Approval notice sent - Aug 14

But the worst thing happened here, the card was returned back to the USCIS as undeliverable on Aug 23. I called up the customer service and asked them to resend it to me. I got a message only on Sep 18 (yeah i had to wait 25 days for this crap) and it said that "On September 18, 2006, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued." What does this mean ?

Does it mean that the card is being re-sent to me on Sep 18 ?

Please help anyone!

EAD approval

Hello All,

I'm new here

9/29/2006 - current EAD expires
6/19/2006 - new EAD(I-765) E-Filed
8/2/2006 - Recd. Notice for Appointment/Evidence
8/8/2006 - Biometrics done on

Current Status:
90 days past 6/19/2006 when I E-Filed I-765
I have following docs with me
- E-Filing confirmation receipt that has the "Biometrics processing stamp" with the date on which it was done and the date on which the application was E-Filed.
- A copy of I-765 application
- Request of evidence letter that I recieved from USCIS
- Receipt notice (I-797, Notice of Action, the light green color paper)

9/19/2006 - Went to local Infopass (Houston, TX). I was told that the processing is on time and there is nothing we can do. The person at infopass entered a query to send it to the service center for inquiry. I was also asked to write am inquiry letter to the Mesquite, TX center. If I do so then looks like a couple of weeks of wait till I receive any response them.

My questions to you all:

1. Can I continue to work using the above docs that I have with me, until the EAD is approved?
2. What options do I have till the EAD gets approved?
3. If the current EAD expires on 9/29/2006, do I have to stop working and sit at home?

Thanks in advance for your response(s).

Regards,
Mahesh