EAD card processing slowed down/ Misinformation on website?

LEO_TX

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I will be presenting a few cases here that have put me in doubt:

1) I filed my application at TX service center. They recieved it on May 26, 2006. I haven't received the card yet.

2) My friend filed in on March 27,2006 and recieved his card on April 26, 2006. Exectly 1 month or 4 weeks. Although USCIS website in May said that they were still prcoessing mid march cases. Quite deceiving !! I am sorry I don't remember the exect dates now.

3) Another friend filed in April begining and received the card on May begining. Approximately 1 month (35 days).

4) One more guy filed on May 1, 2006 and hasn't recieved card till now. Its June 20, 2006 already. That makes it around 50 days or 7 weeks.

Information on website says that they have been processing April 13 cases at TX center.

My question is that....

1) Have they slowed down? Do they usually take this long? Almost 2 months or more?

2) Has anyone recently recieved the EAD card yet? Please mention any latest filing and approval dates you know about. Any updates will be greatly appreciated.

3) Why processing date information on USCIS website does not conform with actual time they are taking? According to them they are taking a long long time although I see diverse cases getting their cards within a month to awaiting approval even after 7 weeks.

Please give your opinion and dicuss any updates and information that you have. Your inputs will be greatly appreciated and will circulate more accurate information around.

Thank you.

Best Regards.

Hi
WHat you say is true. The processing seems to have slowed down for OPT EAD applications. I know 3 cases.
1. Applied on April 10th. Was approved on May 24th
2. Applied on April 18th was approved on May 31st
3. Applied on April 27th apploved on June 7th.

I think they slowed down the OPT EAD process since april, may be lot of applications. April 13th date is definitely deceiving because you can see that they have approved cases filed on April 27th.

I filed mine at TSC with a receipt date of May 19th. I have a job offer and I am really waiting to get my OPT EAD as soon as possible. Looks like its taking atleast a month and a half these days.

Keeping my fingers crossed until I receive my EAD. I hope everything works out fine. If you know anyone who applied for OPT EAD in may and got approved please post...
Also your friend with May 1st receipt date can check his application online. at https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/caseStatusSearchDisplay.do;jsessionid=akHywjmTleTd
using the SRC#. May be once he gets approved you can post here. Also I think the TSC processes applications in bundles at once so ur friends EAD may be approved soon.. may be some tine this week... Please keep us posted.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
sridevi_vangala said:
Hi
WHat you say is true. The processing seems to have slowed down for OPT EAD applications. I know 3 cases.
1. Applied on April 10th. Was approved on May 24th
2. Applied on April 18th was approved on May 31st
3. Applied on April 27th apploved on June 7th.

Hi,

I guess they've been doing it on purpose.

See the updated information:
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=Texas

June 20, 2006 update information says that they are currently processing April 20, 2006 cases. June 13 update said they have been working on April 13 cases. They are clearly maintaing a 2 months gap.

Although, including me and many other people have noticed that these dates are quite decieving. I wonder why they've been doing this. I am really loosing hope in them. Their delay for unknown reasons might put my job in jeopardy.

@ Everyone: Please keep posting the latest information you got and circulate the information.

Best Regards.

Hi Leo_Tx

The dates posted on the USCIS website are usually not up to date.. so its a waste believing them.
You dont need to worry because USCIS will start processing EAD applications soon. even if its 2 months u will have ur EAD by July 26th giving you time for your job.
The company that I got my job with are kind enough to wait for my EAD card and I dont want to keep them waiting. They have started my H1 processing and its only the EAD thats delaying my joining date.
So if any of your friends have recieved the EAD card please post here.

Here's my profile:
EAD RD: May 19th 2006 at TSC
Last Updated Date : May 23rd 2006.
EAD AD: ??
Card Recieved: ??

Hi sridevi_vangala,

I don't know if my employer will wait for my EAD card to arrive because they already have been waiting for me since April 26. Its a very big name that no one would want to miss. So, I am really sweatting bullets.

Well, this 26 date has been playing a crucial role. I hope my EAD may arrive by July 26, it will work out for me. I am trying to get in touch with more people who have applied for EAD card and I will update the information here as soon as I get a hold of them.

More replies will be really helpful. Please spill the beans here about when your application was recieved and EAD receive date, if any. Or your friends or people you know about who have applied lately and have/haven't received the card yet.

Best Regards.

Hi
I am also in the same boat. And got a job with a big company. I got the offer on May 15th with a preffered joining date of June 5th.

But they said they will wait until I get my EAD. I am also in a really concerned state and hoping to get done with this EAD process soon.

I personally think you are not supposed to look at a single case and decide when u will get ur case processed because from what I observe, USCIS adjudicates 100's of cases in a single day. So people who applied for their EADs in a 10 day or a 7 day period will be getting their EADs at one time. So dont lose heart. As I told you once they start processing applications it will get faster. I am expecting mine to get approved in 2 weeks. Look for approvals during Thursdays and fridays because most EADs are approved during 2nd half of the week.

I will keep you posted.

I applied on Mar 20, 06 with TSC and have been waiting since then. Already lost two great job offers because of the EAD delay.

houston2005 said:
I applied on Mar 20, 06 with TSC and have been waiting since then. Already lost two great job offers because of the EAD delay.

Hi Houston2005,

Are you for real? Is it EAD card with academic F1 student filing? Or is it something else? I know multiple people who applied in month of march at TX service center and received their cards within a month time. Moreover, since it has been over 90 days so you can actually get an interim card if it is F1 student EAD card.

As a matter of fact, USCIS processing date information that is although deceiving, as you might have noticed through our posts, says that they are working on April 20 cases now. You really need to check with USCIS asap.

Best Regards.

sridevi_vangala said:
Leo_TX,
did ur friend who filed on May1st get any updates on his EAD card? If so please post.
Thanks

Hi sridevi_vangala,

No, I last asked him friday night. Its neither updated on USCIS website for him nor has he received any card. Its actually scaring me more n more...I filed 25 days after him. So, technically I am 25 days behind him. And its been 56 days already. Thats a lot !! Its really making me mad.

I will fill you up as soon as I get any info. from him.

Best Regards.

EAD card

Hi Everybody:
I am in the same situation. I applied for my OPT on May 22; not approved yet.

I have heard that one can request for expedited service for OPT, if she/he has a job in hand. Is that true?

Best Regards.

Dallas_TX said:
Hi Everybody:
I am in the same situation. I applied for my OPT on May 22; not approved yet.

I have heard that one can request for expedited service for OPT, if she/he has a job in hand. Is that true?

Best Regards.

Hi Dallas_TX,

Not sure man, some say Yes some say No. I still don't know a single person who has done that. Let me know if its possible, I am in same boat.

PS: What school do u go to?

Best Regards.

Hi
To expedite the application process u can fax or mail an expedite process application with the job offer. But TSC processes applications under expedite request only if its a life and death situation. They have also quoted that a job offer in hand is not a life and death situation. Also according to a university website, its not advisable to send a job offer that lasts more than 1 year. So I dont think it does much of a help.
Most of the applications are processed in 60 days with a few exceptions. So may be in 2-3 weeks all our applications will get processed, looks like we all fall under the same time frame.
I talked to a friend of mine and he says his friend who applied on May 5th haven't received the EAD yet. So lets keep our fingers crossed and wait for the OPTs.
Please keep us posted if u know any thing more...

Hi LEO_TX:
Has your friend, who applied on May 1st, got the EAD card yet?

Thanks.

LEO_TX said:
Hi Dallas_TX,

Not sure man, some say Yes some say No. I still don't know a single person who has done that. Let me know if its possible, I am in same boat.

Best Regards.

Hi LEO_TX

Has your friend, who applied on May 1st, got any updates on OPT approval yet?

Thanks.

LEO_TX said:
Hi Dallas_TX,

Best Regards.