EAD card processing slowed down/ Misinformation on website?

I-765

hi all

i am new to this thread.i am really frustrated with EAD process. My receipt date says july 14th . I called the customer service people they have no idea what they are doing . I have faxed and sent mail to the TSC service but no change. I have an offer letter in which I was suppose to start on august 21st but then i had to extend to september 15th and now october1st. the employer has given final ultimatum. I called customer service yesterday and found out that I have to give biometrics, then an hour later i again talked to some other customer service guy , he was wondering why i have to give biometrics. The information they have is apparently the same updated information we can find online. my friends who applied after me got their EAD cards. Now i guess they are not issuing interim EAD cards. I have to get my EAD before october 1st or i will loose my job. Can anyone please halp me what should i do . I am out of options.

Approved

Hi All,

I posted the following message yesterday but this morning when I checked the case status on uscis.gov I saw that my case has been approved with the following message

Current Status:

On September 19, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Thanks,

Mahesh

mohitem said:
Hello All,

I'm new here

9/29/2006 - current EAD expires
6/19/2006 - new EAD(I-765) E-Filed
8/2/2006 - Recd. Notice for Appointment/Evidence
8/8/2006 - Biometrics done on

Current Status:
90 days past 6/19/2006 when I E-Filed I-765
I have following docs with me
- E-Filing confirmation receipt that has the "Biometrics processing stamp" with the date on which it was done and the date on which the application was E-Filed.
- A copy of I-765 application
- Request of evidence letter that I recieved from USCIS
- Receipt notice (I-797, Notice of Action, the light green color paper)

9/19/2006 - Went to local Infopass (Houston, TX). I was told that the processing is on time and there is nothing we can do. The person at infopass entered a query to send it to the service center for inquiry. I was also asked to write am inquiry letter to the Mesquite, TX center. If I do so then looks like a couple of weeks of wait till I receive any response them.

My questions to you all:

1. Can I continue to work using the above docs that I have with me, until the EAD is approved?
2. What options do I have till the EAD gets approved?
3. If the current EAD expires on 9/29/2006, do I have to stop working and sit at home?

Thanks in advance for your response(s).

Regards,
Mahesh

Congrats Mohitem,
Keep me updated on when U receive the card.. Even I had an update like this, but they will update u with another status message in a few days saying that we have mailed an approval notice. The catch here is that the approval notice is the card. Make sure that ur mailbox at home has ur name on it, Mine dint have my name on it and it was returned back to the USCIS as undeliverable.

Keep me posted My case has this latest status message

On September 18, 2006, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued

I called up customer service and they told me that my card has been resent to me.. So ill keep u posted if i get my card and u update us all if u get urs..

Thanks
Prashanth

Got my card!!!!!!!1

Hey,
I just got my card today (22nd September 2006). It was sent to me on the 18th of September.. got it today!! im so excited.. good luck to all who are waiting on the card..

Approved

Prashant,

I recd. my card in 1 week after I saw the approval notice. I was busy in moving that's why couldn't post any message here.

Thanks,

Mahesh

Processing Time for California

Hi,
I applied for my EAD this November to California Service Center. Did any one recently apply to California Servie center. How much time they take to process??

Thanks
Ama