EAD card processing slowed down/ Misinformation on website?

Hi,

Isn't it surprising that application RD ranging from May 19 to June first week have same LUD?

Best Regards.

Hi,

Yea I guess that is what they did. My friend whose RD was May 1 got it approved on June 30. Now its July 20.....I believe they must have completed cases until May 10 within this timespan atleast. But, if LUD for cases filed in first week of June is also July 8 then i guess they are doing it in bulks. Althouh, it doesn't make sense but whatever.....I just need it ASAP. I noticed it has been taking 2 months and I believe sridevi_vangala's EAD must get approved within this. Mine might come up next week. Nebulous.....

Best Regards.

I am not sure if I will get it this week. I have seen people with RDs of May 5th and 9th who haven't yet received their EAD. The processing at USCIS is really bad... I am getting really impatient and angry. I got my H1B approved but my manager is really really waiting for me to join ASAP and this EAD is the only thing standing between me and my job!
I hope everything goes out fine.. By the way I sent a letter requesting them to expedite my application yesterday to the same address where I mailed I-765. They havent yet taken it... I know they wont even care but I decided to take up this step... I dont know if I did the right thing... but I cannot wait longer... I am not even sure if they will accept my letter at that address.. As of USPS update no one has taken it... lets see...

Hi Sridevi:
You have mentioned that you know people with RDs May 5th and 9th, who haven't received their EADs yet. Do you know if their applications have been approved or not?

Thanks.

sridevi_vangala said:
I am not sure if I will get it this week. I have seen people with RDs of May 5th and 9th who haven't yet received their EAD. The processing at USCIS is really bad... I am getting really impatient and angry. I got my H1B approved but my manager is really really waiting for me to join ASAP and this EAD is the only thing standing between me and my job!
I hope everything goes out fine.. By the way I sent a letter requesting them to expedite my application yesterday to the same address where I mailed I-765. They havent yet taken it... I know they wont even care but I decided to take up this step... I dont know if I did the right thing... but I cannot wait longer... I am not even sure if they will accept my letter at that address.. As of USPS update no one has taken it... lets see...

May be we can expect something positive by this weekend. I am just guessing that they send out a huge batch ranging between praticular src numbers. So, May 9 cases might get approved with rest of the cases in same range. Its just a random observation.

sridevi,

I read your post somewhere else about your call to customer service where they told you that you needed a biometrics and within 10 days you should get a letter, or something. I was given similar information by cust. service. I am just wondering if you have new info on that. Have you received a letter about biometrics? or Have you done it?
Also, you mentioned that you filed for expedited service. Is that $1000 for OPT as well?

thanks,

we dont need biometrics... the customer service rep did not know that... this is not premium processing... I just sent an expedite request letter...
It was delivered today.. lets see if anything happens..

oh, yes, my bad, expedited service is not the same as premium processing. I misread the thing.
According to a California Service Center website they either respond to expedited requests in 72 hours or otherwise they are denied. I hope you are hearing soon from them. Please keep us posted about the development of your request and the EAD.
thanks,

No, there isn't. I mispoke, I meant expedited service but I messed it up with premium processing. sorry for the confusion.

I want to share my experience of the denied expedite request.

Sent the I-765 (OPT) + expedite request letter + supporting documents (wife's pregnant / need insurance) on July 10th to Vermont Service Center via Fedex.

Called in to check after 72 hours. No records of expedite request. Still could manage to get a receipt number on July 13th.

July 18th. Faxed the request letter to VSC. Also the international student advisor of my school sent an email requesting the expedite processing.

July 19th. Received a fax denying my request, stating that "while my case seems serious, it is not an emergency situation." The student advisor also received a denial email on that same day.

So, try fax, you will get a response pretty quickly, at least from VSC.

What is emergency situation then? Like swallowed poison, will live for 72 hrs, want to be on OPT before dying atleast !!

Hi johnkim: What fax number did you use for VSC? My application has been pending for 80 days and I want to try and fax them a request too.

Also, did you send the fax personally or did your international student advisor fax the request on your behalf? Thanks a lot - mehak

mehak24 said:
Hi johnkim: What fax number did you use for VSC? My application has been pending for 80 days and I want to try and fax them a request too.
At this point, doesn't seem easier to wait for 10 more days and then get a temporary EAD from the local office?
or is the process for getting a temp a pain?

mehak24 said:

Also, did you send the fax personally or did your international student advisor fax the request on your behalf? Thanks a lot - mehak

Fax number is on their website: (802) 527-4816

"The VSC has always been strict with respect to approving requests for special processing. Individuals who are seeking expeditious handling can FAX the Center at (802) 527-4816 to request an expedite. The fax line is available 24 hours a day. Expedite requests are reviewed Monday through Friday from 8:00AM to 4:00 PM."

I sent the fax personally, and my international student advisor sent a separate email to the VSC with my receipt number. It seems like she had a direct email address of someone working at VSC.

You are correct, getting a temp EAD is the most viable option.. BUT…Newark has jurisdiction over my area and I read that a few applicants were denied an IEAD there - which really sucks!!!

Johnkim: thanks..I guess I am going to wait a few more days and then try my luck by faxing a request!

sridevi_vangala said:
ATL_GA,

My RD is also May19th with LUD on July 8th. Can u post if ur EAD gets approved?

Thanks

sridevi_vangala,

I hope it doesn't come to this, but in order to get the Temp card are you planning to get an infopass appointment for the 91st day?
Are these infopass appointments hard to get? should I plan to schedule one over the next week or so?

thanks

ATL_GA,

I too hope it dosent come to this... I am getting really mad day after day... I hope our District Offices are still issuing IEADs.

Its not tough to get an infopass appointment. Since both of us have RD of May19th, we can get an infopass on August 18th. You can schedule it online at USCIS website around 4th of August. http://infopass.uscis.gov (2 weeks before). Take all the documents.. all ur previous I-20s, passport, I-94, any previous EADs, I-765 Receipt notics, job offer (if u have one) and also fill a new I-765 form.

If we are lucky and if our DOs are still issuing IEADs by August 18th, we can get the temp. EAD cards.. else I dont know what to do..

The problem is the DOs are going to stop issuing iEAD cards soon... so lets hope we will be lucky at least there...

If u have any more updates, please keep us posted...