EAD card processing slowed down/ Misinformation on website?

no update yet on my expedite request. I will be eligible for my iEAD on Aug 16th (90th day from May 19th).. Tampa USCIS issues iEADs only on wednesdays. so I wil lbe go on the 16th and try my luck.. kagurram, u can get ur iEAD on August 7th. so why not prepare for that? Thats less than 2 weeks from now.. u can atleast have ur EAD in 2 weeks! Make an appointment at ur local USCIS using infopass.. and get ur iEAD... I am sure they are still issuing them... u can make an appointment 14 days ahead...

sridevi_vangala,
Yeah I have taken an appointment on Aug 07 at Dallas DO. I am not sure about the policies of DO w.r.t iEAD's. I hope they do iEAD on all days.

Does anyone have experience taking iEAD @ Dallas DO?? please post here...

sridevi_vangala said:
no update yet on my expedite request. I will be eligible for my iEAD on Aug 16th (90th day from May 19th).. Tampa USCIS issues iEADs only on wednesdays. so I wil lbe go on the 16th and try my luck.. kagurram, u can get ur iEAD on August 7th. so why not prepare for that? Thats less than 2 weeks from now.. u can atleast have ur EAD in 2 weeks! Make an appointment at ur local USCIS using infopass.. and get ur iEAD... I am sure they are still issuing them... u can make an appointment 14 days ahead...

Did you check Orlando's office? is it any better?

sridevi_vangala,

Why Tempa? U applied in TX i thought. !!

Beside that, I guess I-EAD is what I must prepare myself for either. It has been 61 days already. 23 August would be 90th day for me which is far away from my start date at work. Employer has been waiting since last 2 months for me to graduate. I am not sure if they would really want to wait further. They have filed for my H1B but I haven't received the receipt yet. It seems quite nebulous. It is very depressing for me. I really wish USCIS people may all fall in ditch and die. I am really mad at them.

I dont know... Tampa is the nearest and I cannot get my iEAD before 16th. so I will go to Tampa office. Anyway... I am getting really frustrated and depressed... just not able to concentrate on anything. My H1B has been approved with Change of Status. If the company creates a problem now... then I wil be in very very deep problem... I hope they wont do anything like that...
All my friends got their EADs in a month.. this is really really frustrating.

Leo_TX,
I applied at TSC but I live in Tampa. So Tampa sub office is the nearest. I hope they will still give iEADs by the 16th of August and not create more problems.

By the way for ur H1B- dont worry. I know ppl who got their approval and never received their receipts... its so fast with premium processing..

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand what you're saying sridevi_vangala.
I guess most of us here are panicing and are hitting that cend/receive button once a minute.
Hopefully it would get approved before August starts.

Even I am hoping something positive by the end of this week, if it only be.

@sridevi_vangala: My employer did not file for premium processing because they say that it only matters if you need a decision right away and they said that I will be fine if my case is sent in time. In my case, they don't worry about it until Oct 1 and I would be on OPT for 1 year anyway to cover up any delays. They said that USCIS sends receipt in 3-4 weeks for normal processing. My application was sent on 11 July so I "HOPE" I will be ok atleast on this.

Any idea on how much time does it take usually to get receipt and a decision on H1B for normal processing?

U should be getting ur receipt # in 2 weeks( I guesS).. but approval will take 3-4 months.
Its a pain with USCIS... I am so scared that I will have to deal with these people in my future! Can u believe waiting like this for the next 4-5 years? (If u go for green card processing in future)?

Its surprising how this Government spends multi-billion $ on wars but can't spend a few hundred thousand to provide better serviced to the people living in this country. Everytime I see same LUD and processing dates I get mad. I am sending request to expedite before this week ends.

sridevi_vangala,
When you requested your expedite processing, Did you sent a letter from your employer stating that they need you to get start ASAP? I mean did your company gave a letter? or did you just sent a letter on your behalf stating the urgency, along with copy of offer letter???

Thanks.

Really Surprised!

Hi all,
When I read the title to this thread I got so worried because my husband's EAD expires on Aug.30 and I didn't send in for a renewal until July. I checked the processing time and we worried even more! It showed it's taking the 3 months. The receipt we got back had a NOA July 11. Much to our surprise and thank God, today July 25 his LUD said his case was approved and that an approval notice has been mailed. I guess we shouldn't rely on the processing time that they show.

Hi sridevi_vangala,

I have been following the procedure being disucssed for I-EAD.

Let me summarize it down here so that I may do things in advance.

1) Take an appointment 12 days before 90th day arrives. (Its 12 days right?) by calling at their National Customer Service # which should be on receipt.

2) Take down all the documents needed, like Passport, I-20s, Copy of I-765 and Receipt.

I read in one of your posts in other thread that they give a list of centers where you need to go. So does that happen after you take an appointment? Please let me know.

Thanks.
Best Regards.

Leo_Tx,

u need to take an appointment online. Its called infopass appointment.
https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php
you will have to enter ur zip code and also some personal info (name, etc..). Then for the DO, it will automatically select the closest local USCIS office to ur residence, or u have an option to choose. U do not have to contact NCSC. U can select a particular date from the list. U can usually book an appointment 14 days ahead. u can also select the time of ur appointment.

U will need to take ur I-797c receipt notice, new I-765 form(filled), passport with I-94, job offer letter (it might help you), all your I-20s (inclusing the one with recommendation for OPT on the 3rd page).

I think u can ask the immigration officer what to fill in there when u go for ur iEAD. I would say.. write yes and attach the receipt notice from TSC(I-797c) and for results write application still pending.
But u can fill it up at the Dallas DO after asking them also.

Did you guys also have an update today (07-26)? I did. And I am sure that I indicated when I registered online that I would like to get e-mail updates and I have not received a single one (and this is the second LUD on my application).