EAD card processing slowed down/ Misinformation on website?

OPT EAD Biometrics?...Help... Please Reply

Hi..
I called up TSC and talked to a customer service rep...
She told me I needed biometrics. I told her I applied for OPT EAD and did not e-file. She checked back again and told me that I need to get my biometrics done and she asked me to call back after 10days if I do not get a biometrics appintment letter.
It is wierd because F-1 students do not need to get biometrics done and I did not e-file. Is there anyway I can schedule a biometrics appointment or know if I really need one?
Is it possible to talk to an adjudicating officer about my case so I know exactly if the biometrics are needed? None of my friends had to get biometrics done... Is this a new rule? Any idea anyone? Please reply...
Thanks

Hi Sridevi:
I haven't provided any biometrics with my OPT application. Still waiting for the approval; Even no LUDs after May 24.

According to our International School Adviser, biometrics are optional for OPT. By the way, any LUDs for you after May 23?

Regards.

sridevi_vangala said:
Hi..
I called up TSC and talked to a customer service rep...
She told me I needed biometrics. I told her I applied for OPT EAD and did not e-file. She checked back again and told me that I need to get my biometrics done and she asked me to call back after 10days if I do not get a biometrics appintment letter.
It is wierd because F-1 students do not need to get biometrics done and I did not e-file. Is there anyway I can schedule a biometrics appointment or know if I really need one?
Is it possible to talk to an adjudicating officer about my case so I know exactly if the biometrics are needed? None of my friends had to get biometrics done... Is this a new rule? Any idea anyone? Please reply...
Thanks

Hi Dallas_TX,
I have no LUDs on my EAD after 05/23. I seriously dont know whats going on. I hope they process our applications quickly...

Got at LUD today on my I-765

Hi

I got an LUD on my I-765 today! :p (No change in message though).. I hope that its a good news :) and my EAD will get approved soon!
If any of you have any updates please post!

Hi Everybody
I got an LUD on my I-765 too!!! Let's hope for the best.

RD: May 22
1st LUD: May 24
2nd LUD: July 8

sridevi_vangala said:
Hi

I got an LUD on my I-765 today! :p (No change in message though).. I hope that its a good news :) and my EAD will get approved soon!
If any of you have any updates please post!

USCIS has posted updates on processing times on July 11: It is frustrating to see that they are processing OPT application with RD April 26. They only moved for 6 days ( from April 20 to April 26) in 21 days?????? On June 20, they said that they were processing with RD April 20.

Dallas_TX,
Its really depressing to see their processing times... I am not sure why they slowed down the processing by so much... I have a month now before I can get my iEAD. so atleast the date is getting closer by each passing day.
I also got my H1B approved on 10th July... so I think the company will be atleast certain I will join them.
Its a very very long frustrating wait... I hope people post more updates here...
I talked to my DSO yesterday and she said they got a buch of approvals in the last week.. though she did not give my the application RDs. If its taking 2.5 months for processing, atleast that way I should get my EAD by the end of this month...
Lets hope it works out good for all of us...

Hi Everybody:

OPT with RD May 9 has been approved on July 11. Let's hope that ours will be approved soon......

thanks for the information. I haven't received my receipt number, so I think I need to wait a couple more days to register.

Hi
It is a very good news that USCIS is going a little bit faster. My RD is May 22. Let's pray and hope for the best.

Good Luck.

sridevi_vangala said:
Hi

The July 15th TSC processing update is available. As of July 15th USCIS is processing applications received on May 11th!. Looks like they have started working now... My RD is May 19th... I guess I can expect my EAD to be processed in another 2 weeks..!
Here's the link
http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?bc=1016|8767|6726

Hi Sridevi_vangala,

I am sorry for late reply. Got way too busy with stuff.

My RD is May 26 and LUD is July 8.

My friend whose RD was May 1 recieved his card on June 30. His OPT start date was June 1 and when he recieved the card, the State date was automatically changed to approval date that is June 30. I was surprised to see that. I believe USCIS recieved a huge amount of H1 and OPT applications all together and thus many students were going to suffer by losing a month or so on OPT. May be that is why they changed it.....only for those who were going to lose about a month on it.

Me, Dallas_TX and you have same LUD. We filed for OPT almost during same time period. I believe we should recieve it together or within a week's tim difference.

Also, on the receipt for OPT for I-765 application, it clearly says that Biometric ID is needed for only 2 other categories. Moreover, as Dallas_TX suggested that it is optional. Probably the only reason you were told to get it done was more of an advice than a mendatory step. For F1, I765 application for OPT.....I don't think Biometric ID is needed. Call them again and ask why is it needed when your application type was I-765.

I will update you guys as soon as I get more updates.

Best Regards

biometrics

Hi guys,

My RD is june 6th and I have one LUD with a july 8th date. I called the service center yesterday inquiring about issues related to changing address. There were several things that seemed odd to me. First of all, when I asked the lady about the july 8 update on my file she said that she does not see it (however, she also mentioned that they do not see personal information on their computer). The other odd thing was that she also mentioned the biometrics to me. She said that I should get a letter about it sometime soon. I have not heard of anyone with an I-765 application who needed to do biometrics.

Do you guys know how many LUD's there are on an average case?