EAD card processing slowed down/ Misinformation on website?

bzs_tsc said:
LEO,
I applied to the Texas Service Center, I do not know whether they are in Dallas.
My RD is June 6th
1st LUD July 8
2nd LUD July 26
3rd LUD July 27
4th LUD Aug. 2
5th LUD Aug. 3 (and e-mail about approval)
6th LUD Aug. 4 (and e-mail about sending me the card)

International Office received the card on Aug 7th.

Take care,

Hi bzs_tsc,

Did you send it at mesquite address? I live in Dallas and i know my case is at mesquite address.

You got to be kidding me....June 6th? My RD is May 26. I applied at TSC...sent at mesquite address which is right next to Dallas. At TSC you would probably be the first one who has RD June 6 and got approval too. What state did u attend your school? Was your case normal one? Normal OPT with I-765 form applied in F1 student C3 category?

Does "Anyone" know if anybody else got his case approved with RD after May 19 at TSC??

Best Regards.

Still waiting

Hi
My RD is May 15th and I am still waiting. I applied to Texas Center.

My LUD was July 8th, but I got one this morning. I am not sure if something is going on or its just a routine LUD (I forgot my password and account got locked, so could it be because of those emails that I got an LUD?).
Anyway, I am so frustrated because according to the processing dates on the website, my case should have been processed atleast a week ago

tx_waiting said:
Hi
My RD is May 15th and I am still waiting. I applied to Texas Center.

My LUD was July 8th, but I got one this morning. I am not sure if something is going on or its just a routine LUD (I forgot my password and account got locked, so could it be because of those emails that I got an LUD?).
Anyway, I am so frustrated because according to the processing dates on the website, my case should have been processed atleast a week ago

someone in this post whose rd is May 8 got approved on Aug.4
yours is coming soon. do you set up the infopass appointment?

tx_waiting,

Call customer service immediately and ask for explanation. Take infopass appointment for safe side. I wil be doing that too as soon as my countdown to 14 days begins. Also, you must visit local DO to get more info regarding this stupid delay.

Best Regards.

I have made an appointment for tomorrow at the local DO. It wll be only 86 days, but I am hoping they will give me an iead, since its very hard for me to travel to the DO after that. I am taking a special request from my employer as well

tx_waiting said:
I have made an appointment for tomorrow at the local DO. It wll be only 86 days, but I am hoping they will give me an iead, since its very hard for me to travel to the DO after that. I am taking a special request from my employer as well

best wishes
which do office will you go?

bzs_tsc,

did u receive another email on 6th about ur card?My ISSS did not yet receive. If so what was the message on 6th?Please post. Also I have a LUD today,08/07,no change in status message or email.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
LEO_TX said:
Hi bzs_tsc,

Did you send it at mesquite address? I live in Dallas and i know my case is at mesquite address.

You got to be kidding me....June 6th? My RD is May 26. I applied at TSC...sent at mesquite address which is right next to Dallas. At TSC you would probably be the first one who has RD June 6 and got approval too. What state did u attend your school? Was your case normal one? Normal OPT with I-765 form applied in F1 student C3 category?

Does "Anyone" know if anybody else got his case approved with RD after May 19 at TSC??

Best Regards.

Leo,
Yep, Mesquite is where I sent mine. RD is June 6. Case started out normal, then I got an e-mail that they took extra time from international office (IO). After waiting and waiting for a while I asked IO if there is anything we can do. She called someone, and that "someone" told her what to do. Then she faxed a request to expedite my case. They received a fax back in 72 hours that the request was approved. I, personally, did not do anything with the request, I have not even seen the form. So, I can't tell what "magic words" work and what don't. I do not think the physical location where you are sending your application matters at all.
Good luck.

sridevi_vangala said:
did u receive another email on 6th about ur card?My ISSS did not yet receive. If so what was the message on 6th?Please post. Also I have a LUD today,08/07,no change in status message or email.
Thanks

Nope, the last one I received was on 08/03 with this message:
"This case has been approved. On August 3, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address...."

I will be going to the Atlanta Do. DOes anyone have any experience with them?

I am atking my I-20, passport , Driver's license, Job Offer letter, a letter to immigration officer from my employer and I-765 receipt. Should I take anything else with me?

hi guys,

am all set to go for the iEAD at Dallas DO this thursday at 7:30 am -my 91st day (Rd 12th May).

1. Can u please let me know if there anything that i must take other than the following?
-newly filled I-765 application (mentioning "Interim EAD, No Fee" on top rt corner),
-original & copies of I-765 receipt, passport, I-94, f1 visa, I-20, drivers license and offer letter

2. also, in the I-765, what shud i fill in for Q.#11. Have u ever before applied for EAD from USCIS? Results : Approved / Denied? - am assuming "not processed yet"

3. My new I-20 was endorsed by the I'ntl coucnellor on 6th May. Should i get another endorsement? - Somewhere in the i-765 information, it says the i-20 must be endorsed 30 days before EAD application. does this count for iEAD too?

any advice/suggestions? experiences on iEADs ?

Priya

Do we need to fill out a a new I-765 ? The INFO PASS appointment did not mention one and I checked the original form and it also hs no mention of filling out a new form. Can someone explain?

Waiting

I also have an LUD for today, but since my account was locked out, I think its because of that. Lets hope they process our applications soon

bzs_tsc said:
Leo,
Yep, Mesquite is where I sent mine. RD is June 6. Case started out normal, then I got an e-mail that they took extra time from international office (IO). After waiting and waiting for a while I asked IO if there is anything we can do. She called someone, and that "someone" told her what to do. Then she faxed a request to expedite my case. They received a fax back in 72 hours that the request was approved. I, personally, did not do anything with the request, I have not even seen the form. So, I can't tell what "magic words" work and what don't. I do not think the physical location where you are sending your application matters at all.
Good luck.

Thanks for the info man !!

Probably the only magic words spoken by school were actually associated with school policies and since that might have sounded genuine coming from an IO so probably they did it. I am going to try it too because its my 73rd day already. Thanks again !!

Best Regards.

Scared it might take forever

Hello guys,
I am keeping track of the posts on this forum and its disheartening to know that it is taking exceptionally long to get the EAD card from TSC.
My RD is 06/14 and I had to start my job today 08/07. I have asked my employer to delay it by 2-3 weeks. I dont know if that will be enuf for by I 765 processing.
Please do post ur approval dates as u guys keep getting approved.
SHALABH

tx_waiting,

i think that we shud fill a new i-765 form for iEAD but mention thats its an interim EAD application. u can get the i-765 form from the uscis website.

good luck for ur iEAD appt. let us know how it went!

Hi guys,

My card is approved. For your info after hearing experiences of Sridevi and bzs_tsc, I requested my international office to file an expedite request. I am not sure it helped me or not. any way thanks for sharing youe experinces with OPT processing.