EAD card processing slowed down/ Misinformation on website?

sridevi_vangala said:
The problem is the DOs are going to stop issuing iEAD cards soon... so lets hope we will be lucky at least there...

Is that for real!!!!

Did they issue a release regarding that? How soon.

I'll update you on this forum once I hear anything.

Yeah.. it is for real... I already heard DOs in Newark and Washington DC stopped issuing iEADs.. I am not sure how long its going to be before they stop in other DOs.. We are still a month away from ours.. lets hope we wont be so unlucky

Vermont Service Center's situation is just getting worse...On July 19th update they are stuck on April 14th application. Since one month there has been no progress...they have themselves crossed the margin of 90 days...cant they increase the numbe rof employees in the peak season..It is terribly disgusting ..

Although, I expected gap to be not more than 2 months but now it seems like a dillusion. I am surprised that even TX service center is not working that fast. Gap was 2 months until May 1 applications. I have no idea what happened after that. I really hope for some positive input from USCIS in coming week. About I-EAD, is it a definite news? Isn't it like tyrant system? where you apply for your work permit that you deserve, you apply well ahead of time and you still don't receive your card on time, they work according to their will....they don't think losing good jobs as emergency situation, they don't attend your file for months, we pay them whatever they demand for. I am really getting frustrated on this system of USCIS. I don't understand how well ahead of time could I have applied when my semester lasts for 80 days and my application was received 75 days before end of semester.

sridevi_vangala, did you hear from them yet regarding expediating your case? If I send them offer letter that does clearly show my approaching start date, will they reject my application if they don't consider me as special case? Also, what documents did you send? How did you send them? Fax#? Emailed? Personally? Please let me know.

I am frustrated too. If my OPT (RD May 22) doesn't get approved by next week, I will lose my job...Most probably, I will have to go back home.

However, I refuse to feel sorry for myself, hoping that something better will come along. Most importantly, if I go back home, I will be able to spend time with my family.

Good luck.

Dallas_TX,

Don't lose hopes. You won't go back. Since last 4 hours I have been thinking about dates and statistics only. If processing is done in batches by the groups that were updated together on July 8 then by 27-28 our card must get approved. We have done our part by applying on time and sent every documented needed. Now, only option is waiting and I am sure things will work out for everyone here.

Good Luck !!

I haven't received any response. I dont think I will. The start date on my offer letter was June 5th... I wish these people burn in hell. My manager at the company is getting really impatient.. I told him I cannot do much..... I got this job after so much hard work... I dont know what else do now. The only hope for me right now is that my H1B got approved.

If they cannot get things done on time, they atleast have the reponsibility of doing something so we can start working.

Anyway, regarding IEAD.. I only heard of NEwark and Washington DC DOs that stopped issuing them... hopefully we will not have that problem. I will be eligible to my iEAD on August 18th. Let's see... Thats almost 4 weeks from now. I am also expecting to my EAD atleast in the next two weeks.

I am stuck in this situation and dont know if there is any better way...

Also if they deny ur Expedite request ur OPT application will NOT be denied. It should go back to the normal processing ime.
Good Luck to you all...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,
I am also a student from the same boat waiting for my EAD patiently since 2 and half months. My RD is May 09 and I haven't recieved any update on my application. The USCIS website says they are processing May 11 applications (TSC). I am really frustated as of now. I don't know whats going on with the USCIS. It seems that the dates showing on their website doesn't mean any thing. My manager is waiting for me since a month. I already requested for 2 extensions on my start date. The only hope for me is my H1B got approved.

I am planning to go for iEAD on Aug 09. I don't know how smooth that will go? Please post your experiences regarding the iEAD.

sridevi_vangala said:
I haven't received any response. I dont think I will.

Interestingly what I heard is that they are pretty good at responding quickly to requests for expedited service. Although, on the webpage they maintain that if you don't hear from them in 72 hrs it means that they rejected the request.

If I dont hear from them by the next weekend about my expedited request, I am going to fax the request again... but as far as I hear TSC never expedites cases. Only NSC is a bit better...

I dont want to lose the hard earned job and even the h1B visa... I am really getting angry.. Lets hope nothing like this happens... After spending 4750$ on my H1B and around 1000$ on my interview expenses, drug and background tests, I am only thinking they will be willing to wait... I hope they will...

please keep us updated

sridevi_vangala said:
I dont want to lose the hard earned job and even the h1B visa... I am really getting angry..

please keep us updated

Sorry for not knowing it better, but how is the H1b related to OPT? I thought that if you have H1-b you can start working. I have not looked into it thoroughly, could you please enlighten me?
thanks,

OPT and H1B are not related. We cannot start working until or after October 1st on H1B.
On OPT we can start working as soon as we receive the EAD card. That is why we are still waiting though the H1B was approved.

Hi KC,

I am really surprised to see that your RD is May 9 and according to USCIS website....you must have gotten your card.

Starting from May 5 or so until May 15-18...Not many cases might have been filed. Because graduation day for most of the schools for Spring was over and summer semester did not start until May 15 in most of the schools. It is just a rough guess but they must be working on cases filed between May 15-19 right now. But, I am still surprised.......Why haven't they updated the last information?

Hi sridevi_vangala,

April 28? That takes us out of track though because we have a guy who got his card on June 30 with RD May 1 from TX service center.

Are you, in any way, implying that applications are being approved out of order?

sridevi_vangala,
Yeah, I am talking about a student from UT Dallas. He has an RD of Apr 28 and got his card around July 15. Did u hear any other approvals recently??

Leo_TX,
There are many officers who adjudicate our cases. So it depends on who got our application... If we are lucky enough, our cases will be with a good officer.. lets hope for the best..

kcgurram said:
sridevi_vangala,
Yeah, I am talking about a student from UT Dallas. He has an RD of Apr 28 and got his card around July 15. Did u hear any other approvals recently??

The student who got his EAD on June 30 and had RD May 1 is from UTD too.

@ sridevi_vangala: So, actually the dates on their websites are immaterial again. If officers approving cards are not even synchronized and they update earliest or whatever date they got then I would call it the worst system I have ever heard of. I can't believe we are talking about US. It is a story to tell.

Hi every one,
I have been following the postings in this thread. I am also an F1 student and I have for EAD(F1). My RD is May 22. LUD is 7/8. But have not recieved EAD yet.