• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

Update: sent email to senator last week, come to congressman local office at Monday and make a request to help with USCIS. Still nothing - case is pending. Will go to infopass next Monday, again.
Even 180 days rule not working for me as expected - bad luck :(

Update: sent email to senator last week, come to congressman local office at Monday and make a request to help with USCIS. Still nothing - case is pending. Will go to infopass next Monday, again.
Even 180 days rule not working for me as expected - bad luck :(

Hang in there man. Hopefully, something positive would happen at the Infopass appointment.

dv2008gh, I have been following your steps but have not heard anything new about your case? I hope you heard back after your FP. I'm on the same boat only about 8 days later so your case is giving me hope :)
Please update us as to what happened after you FP?
I had mine done yesterday. I called the FBI and they said that they sent it the same day back to USCIS...
Thank you,

Finally - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED
Looks like visit to congressman works

Thanks to everybody this forum and especially this thread help me a lot,
Hopefully you all get your GC soon too

MikeM, Congratulations! the wait is finally over!
Thank you for sharing your experience, it sure is helpful to read everyone's experiences.

I do have a few questions though: does everyone go through the interview (AOS processing)? I researched everywhere but couldn't find an answer.
Since I had my FP done yesterday, should I expect the EAD sometime before the weekend?

This wait is to harsh! Good luck to all of us going through this :)
The wait is not as tough as it could have been thanks to this forum

Thanks maconcita!

About your questions - yes, it's common practice to have an interview for DV based cases. I wouldn't count that your case will be approved without an interview.
EAD and AP usually approved pretty quickly after FP, but it require some time to make a card and mail it. So I would expect something between 1 and 2 weeks.

Finally - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED
Looks like visit to congressman works

Thanks to everybody this forum and especially this thread help me a lot,
Hopefully you all get your GC soon too

Awesome. Congratulations buddy.
I don't know why we always have to remind USCIS to do their Job. Anyways, i hope we all meet again as we apply for citizenship in about 5 years. :D

MikeM,
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond! I'm just worried that they'll be out of visa numbers. So when and if I receive the EAD and AP, does that mean that I'm all set, or that I have a number reserved? My case is not complicated, lived in the US for 11 years, went to school now on H1B never been out of status...
I hope that I'll be writing "Card Received" before September 30th :)
To all playing this waiting game, good luck! :)
Thanks again MikeM for the reply, it feels great to know that we're not alone...

Hey guys,

Congratulations to people who got their GC and I got fed up of waiting for mail everyday and checking my online status for LUD and nothing is happening. I want to make an infopass on first of August when their excuse is over that “my case is on hold till August 1 because my case number is current in August” and ask to expedite my FBI name check. But, I do not know what to do after that. Since we have only 44 business day from first of August.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Hey guys,

Congratulations to people who got their GC and I got fed up of waiting for mail everyday and checking my online status for LUD and nothing is happening. I want to make an infopass on first of August when their excuse is over that “my case is on hold till August 1 because my case number is current in August” and ask to expedite my FBI name check. But, I do not know what to do after that. Since we have only 44 business day from first of August.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Hi,
How did u know your EAD and AP have been approved. Was it through infopass?

MikeM,
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond! I'm just worried that they'll be out of visa numbers. So when and if I receive the EAD and AP, does that mean that I'm all set, or that I have a number reserved? My case is not complicated, lived in the US for 11 years, went to school now on H1B never been out of status...
I hope that I'll be writing "Card Received" before September 30th :)
To all playing this waiting game, good luck! :)
Thanks again MikeM for the reply, it feels great to know that we're not alone...

Unfortunately EAD and AP approve means nothing. USCIS do not reserve visa number as far as I know :( So in the time of I-485 case approve they check again for visa # availability - See pretty detailed document here http://www.immigrationportal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17373&d=1207061497

I wish I could provide suggestions but I'm on the same boat. I called FBI this morning, they said my FP were sent yesterday to FBI in DC, the name check is next and might take a while!!! Based on what I've gathered some people received name check clearances within 2 days of the FP, others a month!
I hope I'll hear something back soon.
dv2008gh, did you hear back from anyone? did you check on your case in uscis.gov (you can enter your msc # to view status)

Last edited by a moderator:
maconcita,
I haven't heard anything from anyone. If I call FBI can they tell me if my name check has cleared or not? I thought when the FBI sends the FP results to USCIS it means your name check has cleared.
Does the EAD approval shows when you check your case status online?

Unfortunately EAD and AP approve means nothing. USCIS do not reserve visa number as far as I know :( So in the time of I-485 case approve they check again for visa # availability - See pretty detailed document here http://www.immigrationportal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17373&d=1207061497

Oh WOW, Thanks MikeM, great document!
I know that you understand my frustration and eagerness to know what will be next. It would be so harsh if all of this goes down the drain because of a lack of visa numbers; yet I know it is a strong possibility! :confused:

maconcita,
I haven't heard anything from anyone. If I call FBI can they tell me if my name check has cleared or not? I thought when the FBI sends the FP results to USCIS it means your name check has cleared.
Does the EAD approval shows when you check your case status online?

My understanding from my call this morning (number I called: 304-625-5590) is that the local FBI only clears fingerprints which are sent (within 24hrs) to the FBI in DC who will perform the name check, that is where the wait really starts! They will not tell you anything about name checks; that office does not accept calls and will not give you updates about name checks unfortunately! I hope they give DV winners priority since we're on a deadline!!!
When I check on my case online, I get this message: "Current Status: Case received and pending."
I've been checking it every hour!!! I know it won't change anytime soon, but I'm hoping it will:confused:

My understanding from my call this morning (number I called: 304-625-5590) is that the local FBI only clears fingerprints which are sent (within 24hrs) to the FBI in DC who will perform the name check, that is where the wait really starts! They will not tell you anything about name checks; that office does not accept calls and will not give you updates about name checks unfortunately! I hope they give DV winners priority since we're on a deadline!!!
When I check on my case online, I get this message: "Current Status: Case received and pending."
I've been checking it every hour!!! I know it won't change anytime soon, but I'm hoping it will:confused:

What does it mean when you call the FBI and they tell you that the results of the FP were sent to the USCIS?

What does it mean when you call the FBI and they tell you that the results of the FP were sent to the USCIS?

The results of the Fingerprints only were sent to the DC office who performs the name check! They couldn't tell me the results of it though!

dv2008gh, it seems that your case is pending name check. but it has been 6 business days, you should hear something soon. did you check on your case online (uscis.gov)?
I understand your frustration, I feel the same way :(