• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

I just received my Green Card today. Probably, you want to schedule an infopass.

Saurav , congrulations. I am really happy for you. I will wait for a couple of days. Because since I am working, it is difficult for me to leave the job, and go for an infopass. We will see what happens.
Again, congrulations.

saurav.110,
Did your status changed on USCIS website after the interview?
My interview was pretty similar with your on the 17th, the officer left my I-94 with her and said, "everything looks alright, you should receive the green card in 4-6 weeks, one more envelope to reach from DOS".
But since then no status change online.

Any idea?

anyone waiting for interview letter

[March 03: AOS deliver to chichago lockbox
March 21:Receive NOA
March 25:Receive fingerprint letter
April 05: fingurprint done

Now I am waiting for my interview letter.When I talk to my lawer he told me that 95% of Dv AOS don't have to face an interview?But when I look at the forum I found that everyone have interview.So do u guys have any idea about this matter.Also i wanna know about the affidavit of support?As I am here in F-1 status and my father is sponsering me so do i need any sponser over here?when i read the form i-134,it is not mandatory to have US citzen or a permanent resident as a sponser.So can my father fill form I-134?Also is there any way to know update about my case as online status has never changed.I had info pass yeaterday and they told me that "u have just filed ur case and ur case is going smmoth so u don't need to woory about it"I tried to convience them that it has deadline so it should go fast but i couldn't convience them.I don't know what i have to do now....................

[March 03: AOS deliver to chichago lockbox
March 21:Receive NOA
March 25:Receive fingerprint letter
April 05: fingurprint done

Now I am waiting for my interview letter.When I talk to my lawer he told me that 95% of Dv AOS don't have to face an interview?But when I look at the forum I found that everyone have interview.So do u guys have any idea about this matter.Also i wanna know about the affidavit of support?As I am here in F-1 status and my father is sponsering me so do i need any sponser over here?when i read the form i-134,it is not mandatory to have US citzen or a permanent resident as a sponser.So can my father fill form I-134?Also is there any way to know update about my case as online status has never changed.I had info pass yeaterday and they told me that "u have just filed ur case and ur case is going smmoth so u don't need to woory about it"I tried to convience them that it has deadline so it should go fast but i couldn't convience them.I don't know what i have to do now....................

Its ironic that you already got ur finger print done. There's someone else on here whose application got to Chicago lockbox on 3/4/08 which is a day later than yours and he didn't get his NOA until yersterday after 49 days.
Anyway, it seems like everything is working out fine for you. U should be getting your interview letter in the next few days. I can see why the guys at the USCIS office didn't want to expedite your case. I think you'll be fine. do you know if your background check has cleared?
I sent my forms to chicago lockbox more than 35 days ago and no NOA.:confused:

Its ironic that you already got ur finger print done. There's someone else on here whose application got to Chicago lockbox on 3/4/08 which is a day later than yours and he didn't get his NOA until yersterday after 49 days.

We don't even have the NOAs -- nor did the checks clear. All we have are case numbers we got over the phone.

I've never heard of them approving a DV applicant without an interview but I guess we can hope for that.

saurav.110,
My interview was pretty similar with your on the 17th, the officer left my I-94 with her and said, "everything looks alright, you should receive the green card in 4-6 weeks, one more envelope to reach from DOS".

Any idea?

You could call KCC and see if they have sent your file to USCIS.

saurav.110,

Any idea?
congratulations paulcase,

my interview was on Friday and i suppose the status changed Monday night after the interview. Even, bothers doesn not have his status changed yet.
There is no reason to worry, just have to wait a few more days i guess.

Hi, I'm currently an FI student and I applied for AOS. My case number is very high AF43XXX. Do I have a chance of getting a GC?

congratulations paulcase,

my interview was on Friday and i suppose the status changed Monday night after the interview. Even, bothers doesn not have his status changed yet.
There is no reason to worry, just have to wait a few more days i guess.

today the date is changed from 3/19 to 4/24 but no change in the content. what was written on the web when your case was updated on Monday after the interview?

by the way congrats for GC.

About biometrics; Do they send you to your local USCIS office to have that done, or can you have that done at a local FBI office? Reason for asking is my local USCIS Office is a 3 hour drive away while there is a FBI office less than a mile from my home?

About biometrics; Do they send you to your local USCIS office to have that done, or can you have that done at a local FBI office? Reason for asking is my local USCIS Office is a 3 hour drive away while there is a FBI office less than a mile from my home?

They will send you an appointment letter for one of their APCs (application support centers). You can find the closest to your zip code here:

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=ASC

Hi Guys,,
Mine is 2008AS129XX which is going to come. I am F1 student and i have applied for AOS. Is there any chance i can switch to CP or AOS is still fine. Give me suggestion. Do you guys know how strict are counselors with AOS F1 students during interviews.

Hi Guys,,
Mine is 2008AS129XX which is going to come. I am F1 student and i have applied for AOS. Is there any chance i can switch to CP or AOS is still fine. Give me suggestion. Do you guys know how strict are counselors with AOS F1 students during interviews.

I really would advice that you go CP. Its taking them 2 months to send NOA. You can see my timeline. i still haven't received any NOA almost 7 wks since i mailed my forms. Am on f-1 too. if nothing happens by the end of may, am going CP for real.

I really would advice that you go CP. Its taking them 2 months to send NOA. You can see my timeline. i still haven't received any NOA almost 7 wks since i mailed my forms. Am on f-1 too. if nothing happens by the end of may, am going CP for real.

Check cleared on day 51 or so after submission. Now have all NOAs, all cases viewable online, and have biometrics for next week.

Now we just have to wait for the interview letter. Who knows when that will show up.

AOS = bad.

Check cleared on day 51 or so after submission. Now have all NOAs, all cases viewable online, and have biometrics for next week.

Now we just have to wait for the interview letter. Who knows when that will show up.

AOS = bad.

Thats much better. Biomatrics next wk. thats great. I think you'll get interview letter soon too. wish ya luck. i'll still be waiting.:D

Is it a must to have a non expired visa in your passoport to do AOS?
mine has expired but I have a valid I-20

Thanks Johnkent for reply,,,,
The problem is i am F-1 undergraduate student, graduating on May. My visa expires on May 20,,I do have my opt which is going to be active on july 1st,,,,

I doubt if i go back home and do CP and just incase i am rejected then i won't be able to come back,,,,, also i have worked offcampus illegally( does that matter ) Please give me some good suggestions

2008AS129XX

Thanks Johnkent for reply,,,,
The problem is i am F-1 undergraduate student, graduating on May. My visa expires on May 20,,I do have my opt which is going to be active on july 1st,,,,

I doubt if i go back home and do CP and just incase i am rejected then i won't be able to come back,,,,, also i have worked offcampus illegally( does that matter ) Please give me some good suggestions

2008AS129XX

I see that ur CN number is pretty highfor Asia. There have been stories of folks who worked illegal and still got their greencard thru Dv lottery adjustment of Status. if you did use your social sucurty number when u were working, u might be caught. And yes, if you are rejected visa overseas, u probably will not be coming back