• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

DV Fee

Hi All!!

I've a question,when you send your DV fee to Department of State can you track your package??I have a P.O.Box address and was wondering how can you track it and see if it's delivered.I read some posts in here other people tracked their packages,just wanted to know if they had a surface address and not a P.O.Box.

Thanks.

I sent mine to the PO Box by Fedex and was able to track it. It seems they are still signed for.

Hi All!!

I've a question,when you send your DV fee to Department of State can you track your package??I have a P.O.Box address and was wondering how can you track it and see if it's delivered.I read some posts in here other people tracked their packages,just wanted to know if they had a surface address and not a P.O.Box.

Thanks.

Hi everyone,
I had my fingurprint on April 05 and waiting for interview notice.Do you guys have any idea about what I have to do now to make my process fast?Also what are the required documents for interview?,especially about Affidavit of support.

Hi everyone,
I had my fingurprint on April 05 and waiting for interview notice.Do you guys have any idea about what I have to do now to make my process fast?Also what are the required documents for interview?,especially about Affidavit of support.

I guess u could call customer service and explain to them that u want you case expedited due to the sep 30th deadline. I think u'll be getting ur interview letter in the next few days. U should be fine.

2 weeks has passed after the interview.
still there is no change at the online case status, and I haven't received my green card !!!!

any news yet?

The cases were entered into the system on 4/21, which is 49 calendar days after they were delivered. We have our three receipt numbers (given out by NCSC and viewable online). I assume the check will clear and the NOAs will arrive soonish.

More details to follow.

I'm really hoping that our place in the queue for interview is driven by RD and not ND. That's what the USCIS claims repeatedly -- that things are driven by RD. In fact the RD is apparently embedded in the case number. If that's true then we won't really have lost two months on this delay. We'll see... I have my doubts on this.

The cases were entered into the system on 4/21, which is 49 calendar days after they were delivered. We have our three receipt numbers (given out by NCSC and viewable online). I assume the check will clear and the NOAs will arrive soonish.

More details to follow.

I'm really hoping that our place in the queue for interview is driven by RD and not ND. That's what the USCIS claims repeatedly -- that things are driven by RD. In fact the RD is apparently embedded in the case number. If that's true then we won't really have lost two months on this delay. We'll see... I have my doubts on this.

That is nice to know. Atleast i know how much time i can expect to get mine. I think today is my 34th day. I spoke to customer service the other day and i was told that my case can be expedited since it is related to Dv lottery and the case needs to be adjudicated(maybe wrong spelling) by sep 30th. You can visit your local USCIS office when you get ur NOA and see what they tell ya. Am happy for you guys and USCIS really needs to put their acts together. they are charging all this money and are doing very little.

More details to follow.

remember i told ya last wk that u'll get a response by Tuesday if not monday and it sure happened. Yeah, i was told a few times too that they go by RD.

Congratulations dear. We need to go out for a drink:D
Thanks John,
if u guyz were around my place i would surely throw out a party. Thanks for all the information and suggestions u guyz provided. When i got the notification letter, i had no idea how i was going to start the processing and i was in no position to hire an attorney. In such stage, i can never forget the help+ moral support that this website and u guyz provided. From collecting documents to interview tips, this website has been really helpful.

Probably, most DV 2009 winners may be in such dilemma that i was a year ago. i suggest them to go through forums and act accordingly.

yes, i mean the 2 yrs restrictions.Thats good if you don't have any restrictions

Hi John,
as I mentionned before, I'm in US since 2001 and have J1 with no restriction.
I'm planning to go with AOS procedures.
Do I have to get the police certificate and criminal records from my home country or from nearest US police station?

Hi John,
as I mentionned before, I'm in US since 2001 and have J1 with no restriction.
I'm planning to go with AOS procedures.
Do I have to get the police certificate and criminal records from my home country or from nearest US police station?

No, u do not need police certificate if you are doing AOS. USCIS will do a background check on ya.

Thanks John,
if u guyz were around my place i would surely throw out a party. Thanks for all the information and suggestions u guyz provided. When i got the notification letter, i had no idea how i was going to start the processing and i was in no position to hire an attorney. In such stage, i can never forget the help+ moral support that this website and u guyz provided. From collecting documents to interview tips, this website has been really helpful.

Probably, most DV 2009 winners may be in such dilemma that i was a year ago. i suggest them to go through forums and act accordingly.

Yup, this forum has been very helpful for me too in getting all my AOS paperwork together and to know what i really needed. i just hope that my process is a smooth as yours.:D