• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

All you need is a valid I-20 and I-94 with D/S stamped on it and most importantly, u must not be out of status.

What do you mean by " out of status".
I'm a full time graduate student, and part time TA at the Dept as well as partially funded from the research foundation.

20 days after the interview, and still I havent received the welcome letter&green card.
I called the 1800 number, and they told me to wait for 10 more days, they told me they can not do anything before 30 days.

Waiting, waiting, waiting !!!

20 days after the interview, and still I havent received the welcome letter&green card.
I called the 1800 number, and they told me to wait for 10 more days, they told me they can not do anything before 30 days.

Waiting, waiting, waiting !!!

I hope you will get it mailed to you very soon...

Thanks Johnkent for reply,,,,
The problem is i am F-1 undergraduate student, graduating on May. My visa expires on May 20,,I do have my opt which is going to be active on july 1st,,,,

I doubt if i go back home and do CP and just incase i am rejected then i won't be able to come back,,,,, also i have worked offcampus illegally( does that matter ) Please give me some good suggestions

2008AS129XX

Looks like u r from Nepal too. If u have worked offcampus, then the best idea would be to stick with AOS. I think its really a risk going back home for the interview. All they need is your SS# to track ur records, its that simple.

U may want to apply for EAD when ur number becomes current, that might be lil' bit helpful incase they ask u any questions regading unauthorized employment during the interview.

today the date is changed from 3/19 to 4/24 but no change in the content. what was written on the web when your case was updated on Monday after the interview?

by the way congrats for GC.

DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: MSC080941****

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On April 14, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USC

Looks like u r from Nepal too. If u have worked offcampus, then the best idea would be to stick with AOS. I think its really a risk going back home for the interview. All they need is your SS# to track ur records, its that simple.

U may want to apply for EAD when ur number becomes current, that might be lil' bit helpful incase they ask u any questions regading unauthorized employment during the interview.

Ya i am from Nepal. R u also from nepal???

Do you know how strict r they about illegal working with AOS. How does EAD help me to explain my illegal working of past,,,,

God is good JohnKent!!Now things will move very fast!!!

I hope so. called USCIS and got my receipt numbers but they are still not showing up on their website. the lady said my NOA was actually mailed out on friday. So, i hope to get them in the mail today probably.

I hope so. called USCIS and got my receipt numbers but they are still not showing up on their website. the lady said my NOA was actually mailed out on friday. So, i hope to get them in the mail today probably.

Congrats Johnkent.

A bit of intelligence learned from the 1-800-375-LATE number: If your case seems stuck in the lockbox, you can email LOCKBOX.support@dhs.gov and ask about it. They have the ability to research what paper mountain your file is buried in. (I don't think LOCKBOX needs to be capitalized, but the guy on the phone insisted it was LOCKBOX.support@dhs.gov and not in lowercase.)

Next issue is getting an interview date...

Has anyone noticed any pattern to the "last updated" date on the uscis case tracker thing?

whats the average time to process AOS after the number is current??? does anyone know abt processing time in Texas, Dallas

i'm in dallas ... and it doesn't look good :(. it's been almost 5 months for me ~ you can check my timeline below. are there other winners from dallas with news better than mine ??

High Case Nymber

I have a 2008 high case number (Asia 16'000), since I'm in US I asked for AOS.

I am currently on F1 visa, does any body know what happens if I apply and I don't get an Interview because I ran out of time ? is it gonna affect my non-immigrant student visa status ?

I have a 2008 high case number (Asia 16'000), since I'm in US I asked for AOS.

I am currently on F1 visa, does any body know what happens if I apply and I don't get an Interview because I ran out of time ? is it gonna affect my non-immigrant student visa status ?

There isn't a straight answer to this question. Even USCIS can't give ya a definite answer.

Congrats Johnkent.

A bit of intelligence learned from the 1-800-375-LATE number: If your case seems stuck in the lockbox, you can email LOCKBOX.support@dhs.gov and ask about it. They have the ability to research what paper mountain your file is buried in. (I don't think LOCKBOX needs to be capitalized, but the guy on the phone insisted it was LOCKBOX.support@dhs.gov and not in lowercase.)

Next issue is getting an interview date...

Has anyone noticed any pattern to the "last updated" date on the uscis case tracker thing?

I think they do process DV cases somewhat differently from other applications cuz of the sep 30 deadline. anyways, i got my NOA yersterday but the numbers are not working on their website. I might be getting my finger print appointment in the next few days but i'll probably do my finger print earlier through infopass as the USCIS office in my town is pretty much empty every time that am there. I don't think they'll have a problem with me doing a walk through fingerprint like some people said they did.
anyways, lets cross our fingers and hope for the best.

Hey,
after 20 days my online case status has changed from "case is pending" to "card production ordered".
I really can not believe, it is like a dream.
any estimations about when I will receive my welcome letter and green card?

Hey,
after 20 days my online case status has changed from "case is pending" to "card production ordered".

Congratulations brothers. great relief.
Mine is still pending from the 17th, no update.

A few words of reassurance to you all, I recently helped my friend to successfully get DV GC.

Virtually every example I have seen online of NOA issuing time for AOS is about 35 - 50 days from date of receipt. It has been this way since November at least. So once you mail to lockbox, you just have to wait...

As for this online status system, is it crap. Once my friend's case appeared in the system, there were no updates during the entire process. It said the 'pending biometrics' notice the entire time. Finally about 2 weeks after successful interview it changed to 'welcome letter issued', and then maybe another week or two after that was 'GC card ordered'. It easily takes week or two for your local office to input your data into the system after a successful interview, this is why there are delays. Basically I would not worry unless there is no movement at all on your case for at least 3 weeks after successful interview.

Hey,

congrats brothers....might take 10 days for ur GC to arrive..U sud be so happy now!:D
welcome letter is just the NOA stating ur approval. Dun forget to file a replacement Social Security application and register for selective services after u get ur GC. Best of luck

Last edited by a moderator: