• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

Also, docotor is supposed to fill out some kind of form...Correct? How many envelopes is he supposed to give me? 2? And is it all done in one visit, or 2?
Thanks!
Cheers
Nebo

Hi Nebo,
Our doctor asked us to bring the I693 form with us. You can find it here http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD
Ask your doctor whether you need to bring it with you or he has in in his office. We filled out a part of the form, the rest was for him. We got 2 envelopes for each of us after one week we did the visit. We had most of the vaccines done in Europe, but he gave us another 2 (one for hepatitis B and one for tetanus), also he took blood for AIDS and syphilis. That was it.
Hope I answered to your questions.

Nebo - you know you have to use a USCIS authorized doctor right? They will know what to do. You can find them on the docotr locater on the USCIS website.

Hi Fjelltronen - thanks for you response. I have a second set of medicals, although the originals were submitted with my application by mail. There is no requirement for an I-864 for a DV application, so no, and no, I didn't ask for an EAD card!! See my concern?!!

AGGH!

I also didn't submit an I-864 nor a request for an EAD card. Do you think you gave them 'enough' proof of financial support?

With my application, I submitted employment letter, pay-stubs and bank statements (for the past 6 months - maybe I exaggerated with these ones). And I also submit proof for my H1B ... which gives me the right to work here.

If I were you, I'd try to find somebody for the I-864. I don't know what I would do about the EAD.

Can you contact them in any way and clarify the interview letter's requests ??

I had the interview this morning and everything went smoothly. My app. was at 7:30 and I was called in at 7:35. The officer asked me for proof that I am enrolled in school, I-94, F1 visa, passport, birth certificate, EAD card and diplomas. Nothing else:D and I was freaking out the night before trying to get everything organized.(taxes, bank statements, etc...I was never asked for financial proof). After stamping my passport, the officer told me that I should get the card in the mail within couple of weeks:D:D:D
She kept my I-94 and F1 visa. Is that the normal procedure?

Congratulations, PTA !!

I also didn't submit an I-864 nor a request for an EAD card. Do you think you gave them 'enough' proof of financial support?

With my application, I submitted employment letter, pay-stubs and bank statements (for the past 6 months - maybe I exaggerated with these ones). And I also submit proof for my H1B ... which gives me the right to work here.

If I were you, I'd try to find somebody for the I-864. I don't know what I would do about the EAD.

Can you contact them in any way and clarify the interview letter's requests ??

I am going to take an infopass next week to see what its all about. ANd the I-864 is nothing to do with DV at all! I am wondering whether the letter was just a standard generic letter, because it said at the bottom "if you are applying for adjustment of status by marriage to a US citizen please provide..."

I thought I had enough financial support - husband's PhD stipend information, bank account with $50,000, and job offer for when I finish grad school in June. The job is a year long, and I even have an offer for after that one ends! All the letters state salary, and PhD support is a letter from the university. Surely enough!

I am going to take an infopass next week to see what its all about. ANd the I-864 is nothing to do with DV at all! I am wondering whether the letter was just a standard generic letter, because it said at the bottom "if you are applying for adjustment of status by marriage to a US citizen please provide..."

I thought I had enough financial support - husband's PhD stipend information, bank account with $50,000, and job offer for when I finish grad school in June. The job is a year long, and I even have an offer for after that one ends! All the letters state salary, and PhD support is a letter from the university. Surely enough!

yeah ... i remember now your post about these financial aspects :) ... it's more than enough.

the i-485 instructions mention i-864 in the affidavit of support/employment letter section. The problem is that even if DV winners are asked to provide evidence of financial support, they don't fall under the categories listed in that section of the i-485 instructions. So, I'm thinking, it would make sense for them to ask for an i-864 if there's not sufficient financial support evidence.

But, I think you're right, if they have that if you are applying for adjustment of status by marriage to a US citizen please provide ..., then most probably you don't need I-864 because you're DV.

9/19 DV payment made
9/28 medical examination done
11/30 AOS sent to USCIS Chicago
12/02 AOS delivered

Does Anyone Know the FBI phone number for Name Check?

Hello All,

Does anyone know the phone number for the FBI name check? I need to see if my name is cleared, I have seen it on this message board but I could not find it,

Good Luck to you all,

Peace
RMS2003

Hello All,

Does anyone know the phone number for the FBI name check? I need to see if my name is cleared, I have seen it on this message board but I could not find it,

Good Luck to you all,

Peace
RMS2003

The FBI number to call is: (304) 625-2000. I did my biometrics on the 23rd of Nov, checked on the 27th .. and they told me that they sent the answer on the 24th.

When did you receive the Interview Letter? I had the biometrics on the 23rd Nov, received the EAD on the 3rd Dec ... but no interview letter yet ...

Dan

FBI name Check is sent to USCIS on Oct 2007.

Hi dpletea,

Thanks for the FBI Phone number. I called them and they ask me for my A# and then they told me that they sent my finger print result to USCIS on Oct 5th, 2007. :)

dpletea, I did not yet send my DV2008 application. I already have I-485 employment based bending application with 2nd RFE.

I won the DV2008 but my Case Number is very high: CN:AS00012xxx I will be sending my DV2008 next week for CP. I will let you all know when I will get my Interview Letter.

I am not sure when they will send my name for the FBI name check based on my DV2008. I hope by the time I will get my interview letter that the USA embassy already got my FBI name check cleared.:eek:

I think my number will be current in May or June 2008. I hope the FBI name check for my DV2008 does not take long when I go for my CP Interview back home.:confused:

I wish everyone a very Good luck. I do not take for granted anything anymore when it comes to dealing with USCIS, I just keep reading and researching and keep my brain thinking positive ideas.

If anyone wants to keep positive thinking please watch this movie "The Secret" It will help us all. You can watch the first 20 minutes for free on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b1GKGWJbE8

Peace
RMS2003

The FBI number to call is: (304) 625-2000. I did my biometrics on the 23rd of Nov, checked on the 27th .. and they told me that they sent the answer on the 24th.

When did you receive the Interview Letter? I had the biometrics on the 23rd Nov, received the EAD on the 3rd Dec ... but no interview letter yet ...

Dan

Dan

Keep in mind that this number is for the FBI CJIS Division in Clarksburg, VA. They only deal with the fingerprints and have nothing to do with the name check. The latter is done by the FBI in Washington, DC and they will only talk to the USCIS or DOS.

FBI Name Check

Dear bahadur007,

Thank you, for your contributions here:). Ok I understand, so you are saying that the FBI phone number that I called is only for finger print results (My Gosh). But how do I know when the FBI name check is done with my name check and I am ok. Do I call USCIS or shall I go for info pass. :confused:

Does anyone here know?

bahadur007, also someone in the message board here said that when you send your application to the KCC for CP or AOS then the KCC will forward your name to the FBI for name check as soon as they process your application and theoretically the interview date that comes from the interview letter will be set based on a date after the FBI name check is cleared. But I know this not true in many cases for many people in the message board! What do you think?:confused:

Peace,

RMS2003

Keep in mind that this number is for the FBI CJIS Division in Clarksburg, VA. They only deal with the fingerprints and have nothing to do with the name check. The latter is done by the FBI in Washington, DC and they will only talk to the USCIS or DOS.

Dear bahadur007,

Thank you, for your contributions here:). Ok I understand, so you are saying that the FBI phone number that I called is only for finger print results (My Gosh). But how do I know when the FBI name check is done with my name check and I am ok. Do I call USCIS or shall I go for info pass. :confused:

Does anyone here know?

bahadur007, also someone in the message board here said that when you send your application to the KCC for CP or AOS then the KCC will forward your name to the FBI for name check as soon as they process your application and theoretically the interview date that comes from the interview letter will be set based on a date after the FBI name check is cleared. But I know this not true in many cases for many people in the message board! What do you think?:confused:

Peace,

RMS2003

You could try and make an infopass appointment with USCIS. However, in my experience, the USCIS employees behind the counter themselves often do not know the difference between a background check based on fingerprints and the "national name check program" (NNCP). If your case is outside processing times, you can call the USCIS information line and ask for a status update. They should reply in writing within 30 days. I did this twice for my employment-based case.

As for what name checks are done by KCC, the following is an extract from the Department of State Foreign Affairs Manual:

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87840.pdf

9 FAM 42.33 PN6.3 Clearances
(CT:VISA-754; 07-27-2005)

The KCC conducts CLASS name checks on all applicants and submits Visas Eagle Security Advisory Opinion (SAOs) where required. For applicants determined to require a SAO other than a Visas Eagle, an electronic note is made in the case record. You must make the final determination as to whether a SAO is required.

Extracts of DV cases are electronically forwarded to national visa center (NVC), where an agent of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) processes national crime information center (NCIC) clearances. When a valid hit is identified on an applicant, an NCIC extract is printed and forwarded to KCC for inclusion in the case file. Posts must then take fingerprints, and forward them to the NVC so that the hit may be confirmed.

For a description of the various DOS clearances, see:

http://foia.state.gov/masterdocs/09FAM/09G0500.PDF

We have received letters for the interview that is scheduled for 2/7. We did not receive biometrics appointment letter because, I think, we had done biometrics under pending employment based AOS in mid November. However, they cashed the checks that we had sent for biometrics.

Hello all,
Thanks ruxy, what was confusing was that I only called doctor's offices which were listed on USCIS approved list, and the ladies who were answering my calls were still clueless about what AOS is....Later I figured that magical words are Immigration medical exams....
I had my medical yesterday. At a local doctor's office. The place looked pitiful, but he seemed to know what he was doing....I brought my vaccination records from back home, he did a brief exam (height, weight, blood pressure etc.). I got a vaccine against tetanus, and a TB skin test. $125 overall. I signed a I-693 he provided (he said the version I bought was out of date, even though I see now that it looks remarkably like the one ruxy posted a link for, and the one he made me sign).
Then I went to a nearby hospital, to get bloodwork done: hiv, siphylis, mumps, measles, rubella, and chicken pox, I think. That was $200. I need to go back to doctor's to get my arm checked (TB test) tomorrow, and I will get bloodwork and the envelopes, hopefully by Friday or Monday, latest.
Cheers
Nebo

We have received letters for the interview that is scheduled for 2/7. We did not receive biometrics appointment letter because, I think, we had done biometrics under pending employment based AOS in mid November. However, they cashed the checks that we had sent for biometrics.

Congratulations for the interview scheduling! What documents did they ask you to bring at the interview?
9/19 DV payment made
9/28 medical examination done
11/30 AOS sent to USCIS Chicago
12/02 AOS delivered

They have asked for birth certificates and all other immigration related documents (I-20s, H1/4 notices and anything related to pending EB based AOS). They did not ask for anything else; no mention about DV fee receipt, tax transcripts, diplomas, etc. although we will be taking them with us to the interview just in case.

You could try and make an infopass appointment with USCIS. However, in my experience, the USCIS employees behind the counter themselves often do not know the difference between a background check based on fingerprints and the "national name check program" (NNCP). If your case is outside processing times, you can call the USCIS information line and ask for a status update. They should reply in writing within 30 days. I did this twice for my employment-based case.

As for what name checks are done by KCC, the following is an extract from the Department of State Foreign Affairs Manual:

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87840.pdf

For a description of the various DOS clearances, see:

http://foia.state.gov/masterdocs/09FAM/09G0500.PDF
Dear bahadur007,

Thanks a lot for these links; they are very informative (Wow my name definitely will be going for FBI name check based on what I read).

Ok I end up by calling USCIS “2 times” on Monday Dec 10th and I talked to 2 different officers where one of them was very rude but very knowledgeable and he looked up my case in multiple databases but did not talk a lot (probably he was rushing for lunch).

The other officer was polite and could not answer my question about finger print and therefore he transferred me to NCC National Customer Center (I was on-hold for half hour until I talk to an officer) the NCC officer told me that the issue now is with my finger print because they are expired and they were valid only for 15 months (the NCC officer said that my finger prints done on July 8th 2006).

The NCC office said that I have to wait until USCIS send me a request to go for finger printing in mail. At the mean time he said that I just have to wait now.

The NCC office said that I have to wait for 60 days and then if I do not hear from them, then I have to call them and place an inquiry about my case. This is a very bad service. I do not understand, we pay money for these services, and they take forever to process our application.

Do think I should contact my congressman to push for it? Anyone have any advice?

Good Luck to everyone,

Best,
RMS2003

Hello again,

I am getting ready to ship out the package to Chicago. I still have whole bunch of questions, things that are not clear to me.
I would appreciate advice very much - PTA, stressedstudent, ruxy, savy17, or anyone else, please, if you would be so kind, from your own experience...

1.Address: where should I send it? I have:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

I remember reading somewhere that there are 2 addresses, one if you use UPS, DHL etc. and the other is for US mail. Which one is the one above? Which method of sending it would you suggest?

2. The forms which are required seem to be: I-465, G-325A, I-765, I-134, I-693 and its supplement (the medical form and the additional page for it). Am I missing something? I-693 is provided by the doctor, so this one is fine....But, where should I get the rest, the most recent editions of them?

3. Do I need to schedule an Infopass at my local office before I send the package? Maybe I should go there to pick up the forms?

4.I went through PTA's (I think beta verison of) list of documents to be included....I have few questions:
-should I send a copy, or the original of highschool diploma and its translation?
-I have BS from an US university-what should I send regarding it: a copy of diploma, or should I order official transcript from the university?
-enrollment letter (I am a PhD student currently): do you mean, e.g. letter from office of international students, saying that I am maintaining full time (F1) status, and an unoffical transcript, or am I missing the point? Anything from my advisor?
-birth certificate, police records (clean) from back home (+translations): originals or copies?
-I am not getting paid enough (I bet there are more PhD students here, who are in the same boat), so I do not have a mountain of money in my bank account. Just connecting month with month...What should I do regarding that affidavit of support? Is this really required for someone in my situation? Also, I have only heard of form I-864 which is called Affidavit of support. Is this the form in question? I did not see it in PTA's list of documents. Clearly, when I get a PhD (may 2008), I will not live off of social security:)
- what is from I-134 for?
-I-765 is for EAD, correct? Do I need this? I will graduate in may 2008. My number will be current in january 2008. What does EAD (employment authorization) mean, and who needs it? What is AP? What document has to be filled out for AP? I do not plan to travel outside US until I am done with this AOS procedure, so I guess I don't need AP?
-I have all of my award letters, for each academic year/semester of my PhD. studies, which state the amount I received from my university for tuition and fees and as salary, as a RA/TA. Should I send copies of these and bank statement instead of affidavit of support? Or should I get someone to be my sponsor (which would be difficult to do, because it is basically a contract saying that the sponsor will support me if I fail to make living on my own)?
-cover letter: yes or no?
-pictures: 2 or 4?
-tex returns: do you mean W2 copy C and copy 2? If yes, should I send copies of these or the originals, and if no, what should I send? I do not have the actual tax return forms which I had to fill out and send each year (nor the copies of them, except for 2006).
-finally 1010$ in one piece, or spilt up somehow? Money order or cashier check? I heard that money orders are good for $500 and less only....

Wow, lots of questions....I hope you guys can help me. I plan to send the package on Dec. 31 (mon), if anything is open on that day....I think 28th (friday) might be too early (?).

Thank you very much

Best Regards
Nebo

And i almost forgot: should I include the original letter from KCC saying that I have been selected for DV? Original or copy?
Thanks a million!
Best Regards
Nebo

m_power2002,
first of all, ALL the documents should be copies of the original ones. you can find a lot of answers to your questions (address, fees, etc) if you read this very carefully http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf I'm a Phd student also, not a lot of money as you said...but I think we'll be fine from this point of view. Yes, include a cover letter (just provide a list with everything you included in the package--there is an example at this topic) and 2 photos. I used USPS to send the package, express mail, it arrived in 3 days...more expensive and fast FedEx or UPS, but I didn't use those.

Last edited by a moderator: