• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

I went to the service center in San Jose this morning.

The officer asked to see my passport, birth certificate, bsc, ms, and payment to department of state.

He asked me a couple of simple questions like my address, phone number, when I entered the country, how long I had worked for my company and country of citizenship.

And then my green card was approved! I can't believe this has finally happened. Thank you all for your help.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Thanks guys,
I got the receipt yesterday. It looks so insignificant....Exactly same piece of paper I filled out and sent them (the form), with 4 digit number scribbled on top right corner of it (not last 4 digits of my case number), same number scibbled on the return envelope (vertically). And a stamp in black saying "PAID" and the date, and the stamp is barely visible, I guess they were stingy on the ink. If I am to send a copy of this piece of paper, I better employ photoshop to enhance contrast....Was this what I was waiting for?
Cheers
Nebo

Thanks guys,
I got the receipt yesterday. It looks so insignificant....Exactly same piece of paper I filled out and sent them (the form), with 4 digit number scribbled on top right corner of it (not last 4 digits of my case number), same number scibbled on the return envelope (vertically). And a stamp in black saying "PAID" and the date, and the stamp is barely visible, I guess they were stingy on the ink. If I am to send a copy of this piece of paper, I better employ photoshop to enhance contrast....Was this what I was waiting for?
Cheers
Nebo

Yes thats what you are waiting for. Its the same paper with "PAID" stamp.

The officer asked to see my passport, birth certificate, bsc, ms, and payment to department of state.

He asked me a couple of simple questions like my address, phone number, when I entered the country, how long I had worked for my company and country of citizenship.

And then my green card was approved! I can't believe this has finally happened. Thank you all for your help.

Congratulation!!!

Is there a way to find out whether name check has been completed??

Is there a way to find out whether the name check has been completed or not? My local office is 4 hours away from where I am staying so its not possible for me to have a infopass and go to the local office to check for that. Is there any other way to check it.

I had my biometrics done on Oct 24 and am still waiting for the interview call. My local office is St. Paul, Minneapolis.

Please reply if anyone has any idea about it.

Congratulation

CONGRATULATIONS, MalaysiaDV2008 ! :)

-------------------------------------------
4/11 NL from KCC (EU10XXX)
5/5 DS-230 (i&ii) and DSP-122 sent to KCC
6/25 2nd NL from KCC (AOS)
9/19 DV payment made
9/28 medical examination done
11/30 AOS sent to USCIS Chicago

Ok, I recieved my interview letter today - its scheduled for January 29 and I am NERVOUS!

I am worried they don't know too much about DV, becuase the letter with instructions of what to bring includes medical exam (already sent), I-864 with tax returns, EAD...

Is this what everyone else recieved??

It seems the request for documents to bring is different for each applicant, as my wife was only asked for Passport, Birth Certificate and the Interview letter. I know others have been asked for other information.

Ok, I recieved my interview letter today - its scheduled for January 29 and I am NERVOUS!

I am worried they don't know too much about DV, becuase the letter with instructions of what to bring includes medical exam (already sent), I-864 with tax returns, EAD...

* Maybe you can ask the doctor's office where you had the medical examination done to give you a second sealed envelope with your results.

* Have you already submitted an I-864 ?

* Your signature doesn't seem to imply that you asked for an EAD card. Do you have one ?

* Maybe you can ask the doctor's office where you had the medical examination done to give you a second sealed envelope with your results.

* Have you already submitted an I-864 ?

* Your signature doesn't seem to imply that you asked for an EAD card. Do you have one ?

Hi Fjelltronen - thanks for you response. I have a second set of medicals, although the originals were submitted with my application by mail. There is no requirement for an I-864 for a DV application, so no, and no, I didn't ask for an EAD card!! See my concern?!!

AGGH!

I had the interview this morning and everything went smoothly. My app. was at 7:30 and I was called in at 7:35. The officer asked me for proof that I am enrolled in school, I-94, F1 visa, passport, birth certificate, EAD card and diplomas. Nothing else:D and I was freaking out the night before trying to get everything organized.(taxes, bank statements, etc...I was never asked for financial proof). After stamping my passport, the officer told me that I should get the card in the mail within couple of weeks:D:D:D
She kept my I-94 and F1 visa. Is that the normal procedure?

Well, atleast you got something.
We sent the stuff same day as you and nothing... :confused:
I am beginning to worried. No biometrics, nothing.
Where is your local office?

I had the interview this morning and everything went smoothly. My app. was at 7:30 and I was called in at 7:35. The officer asked me for proof that I am enrolled in school, I-94, F1 visa, passport, birth certificate, EAD card and diplomas. Nothing else:D and I was freaking out the night before trying to get everything organized.(taxes, bank statements, etc...I was never asked for financial proof). After stamping my passport, the officer told me that I should get the card in the mail within couple of weeks:D:D:D

PTA - that is wonderful! They keep the F1 etc becuase you don't need them anymore, you are a PR! Congratulations!

Well, atleast you got something.
We sent the stuff same day as you and nothing... :confused:
I am beginning to worried. No biometrics, nothing.
Where is your local office?

Bellabum - it is frustrating isn't it, but we only got stuff last week, and it depends on where it goes vis-a-vis the Chicago locked box - we are in Chicago itself, so not far to travel to a local office! Hold on for another week, it will all turn up. I still don't know what to do about the info they are asking me for though... might take an infopass after exams are over and see what the deal is.

Bellabum - it is frustrating isn't it, but we only got stuff last week, and it depends on where it goes vis-a-vis the Chicago locked box - we are in Chicago itself, so not far to travel to a local office! Hold on for another week, it will all turn up. I still don't know what to do about the info they are asking me for though... might take an infopass after exams are over and see what the deal is.

I called USCIS today to find out that our case moved to NBC (National Benefit Center). I was surprised, as I thought it will move to our local office (San Jose, CA). I have no idea why it went there.
There is nothing I can do about it now - only to wait ...
I have to leave the US mid Feb - and I hope it wont collide with some appointments. Honestly, I was hoping the whole process will be behind me by that time, but it does not seem to happened.

Good for you PTA,

Hi PTA,

Congratulation, now you can look for any job in USA (almost), you do not need to worry about OPT and sponsorship, meaning you will have a large broad jobs after finishing your College, Good luck, I am really happy to see someone lucky like you,:)

Best,
RMS2003

Bravo PTA! That is that then...Hopefully the rest of us will get to write a post like that in near future....
I have a question for anyone who already went through medicals....I think I will schedule mine for next week.
I just wondered: what exactly are they supposed to do to me? I called 5-6 doctor's offices, and (at least) the receptionists seem to be pretty much clueless about what kind of service am I looking for....So, I am a bit worried they will screw something up.
I have vaccination paperwork from back home, with all the dates and vaccines I got so far (while it isn't in english, most of vaccine names are in latin, so I guess the doctor will be able to figure it out). I am sure they will have to do a tb test, also blood-work (hiv, siphillis and what else?). I guess they also do a MMR test (mumps, measels, rubella if I am not mistaken). What else?
Thank you very much for your help.
Cheers
Nebo

Also, docotor is supposed to fill out some kind of form...Correct? How many envelopes is he supposed to give me? 2? And is it all done in one visit, or 2?
Thanks!
Cheers
Nebo