• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

OMG
Four envelopes waited in mail box today. It is interview time :)
Ranging from 9am to 10:30am (30 min interval) the whole family is scheduled to arrive, including the toddlers.
The even bigger surprise is that interview is scheduled for 1 week from today!!!! WOW - I have never expected that. My spouse has to cancel business trip ...
Now it is time to wait for the interview ...

Congratulations, Bellabum ! That's great ! :)

9/19 DV payment made
9/28 medical examination done
11/30 AOS sent to USCIS Chicago
12/02 AOS delivered

For those who need past tax returns (forms 1040 including W2s), you need to fill out a form 4506 which can be found at IRS webpage. They charge 39$ per year requested and it takes roughly 60 days for it to be processed and for returns to be sent back to you.
Cheers
Nebo

Nebo, did you try to order your tax returns transcripts? I was going to order mine and, on the website (link below), they say they're free of charge and that the turn around is 2 weeks.

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=110571,00.html

I should hurry if it actually takes 2 months.

9/19 DV payment made
12/02 AOS delivered

I ordered on line, it was free. letters arrived after two weeks.

Good luck!
bellabum and Nebo,

You better call 1- (800)–829–1040 number of IRS.gov and order yours on phone. The IRS can fax it to you if you are near fax machine instantaneously. Otherwise it will take less than 2 weeks. In my case I did both the fax and I asked them to send it anyway in the mail.

Here is the web site:
http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc156.html?portlet=1

Good luck to everyone,

Peace
RMS2003

Fjelltronen and RMS2003,
Thank you so much, I was about to send my check and 4506 this morning but I forgot, and it is good that I did so :) I guess I can get them faxed over so I can include them in AOS package and ask for mail in version in case of interview.
Thanks again.
Cheers
Nebo

A quick one:
Is a diploma of BS degree from US university + highschool paperwork (with translation)+unofficial transcript for my PhD. studies (still underway) appropriate evidence of sufficient education? In particular, do I need to include official transcript for my BS degree along with BS diploma, or is Diploma enough (a copy of it, of course)? Just so I know if I need to order official transcripts...
Thanks!
Cheers
Nebo

...and this affidavit question is killing me....Not sure what to do. I wish there was someone who already got succesfully through the interview as a PhD. student and did not include affidavit of support in the AOS package, nor was asked about it at the interview....just a bank statement (with small amount), proof of financial support by university in form of tuition and stipend, letter of enrollment and employment as TA/RA from department...

Comes to mind....
Bellabum: if you don't mind me asking, are you on F1 visa currently?

I am asking, because I got in touch with some oldtimers, DV2004, and they claim that as students, they were not expected to have a sponsor, so they just submitted letters of financial support and full time status/enrollment from their respective universities. These folks claim that same should apply for DV2007....

It might be that affidavit of support is necessary for those who are not students any more....Not sure.

Thanks in advance Bellabum.

Cheers
Nebo

Fjelltronen and RMS2003,
Thank you so much, I was about to send my check and 4506 this morning but I forgot, and it is good that I did so :) I guess I can get them faxed over so I can include them in AOS package and ask for mail in version in case of interview.
Thanks again.
Cheers
Nebo

Hi Nebo,

It seems that there is a difference in what we can request for: (1) copy of tax returns (4506, ~$39/year, 60 days) and (2) transcript of tax returns (4506T, free, 2 weeks).

I'm guessing the transcript will do. I'm going to call next week to get mine. :)

Check cached

My check was cached today :) ... I was going nuts waiting for it to happen (even though I saw that it usually takes them 14+ days).

How about you, Ruxy? You also sent the docs at the beginning of December.

Hoping for the best,
M&M
9/19 DV payment made
12/02 AOS delivered
12/14 Check cashed

Dear Fjelltronen

Could you published here what supporting documents you send to USCIS?

thanks

Sure. Here is it:

• Cover letter
  • I-485 and biometrics filling fee (Check to Department of Homeland Security of $1,010.00)
  • Two (2) passport-style photographs
  • Application to register permanent residence or adjust status (I-485)
  • Medical examination (I-693) in sealed envelope
  • Birth certificate (photocopy and English translation)
  • Educational degrees (evidence of required education)
    High-school degree (photocopy and English translation)
    B.S. degree (photocopy and English translation)
    M.S. degree (photocopy)
    Ph.D. degree (photocopy)​
  • Evidence of financial support
    Employment letter
    Six (6) (most recent) pay stubs (June 2007 – November 2007)
    Six (6) (most recent) bank statements (May 2007 – October 2007)​
  • Passport (photocopy)
  • Proof of current USCIS status
    H1B approval notice (photocopy)
    I-94 (photocopy)​
  • Proof of maintaining USCIS status
    I-20 forms (photocopies)
    OPT EAD card (photocopy)​
  • Proof of NO criminal record issued by foreign authorities (photocopy and English translation)
  • Biographic information (G-325A)
  • Diversity Visa 2008 notification letter from Kentucky Consular Center (photocopy)
  • Receipt of DV payment (photocopy of receipt of payment to Department of State for $375.00)

Hope this helps,
M&M
9/19 DV payment made
12/02 AOS delivered
12/14 Check cashed

Hi fjelltronen,
I didn't check yet, I have to call my bank about that. But USCIS received my application on Dec 7, so I guess I'll give them a week :D

Hi Nebo,

It seems that there is a difference in what we can request for: (1) copy of tax returns (4506, ~$39/year, 60 days) and (2) transcript of tax returns (4506T, free, 2 weeks).

I'm guessing the transcript will do. I'm going to call next week to get mine. :)

fjelltronen,
I did it yesterday, it took about 50mins of being put on hold :mad:
If you go to irs webpage it says that transcript of tax returns is sufficient in most cases for immigration purposes, so I guessed that transcrips are enough. So I did as rms2003 did before me: I ordered the transcripts in mail, and they will arrive in 2 weeks, and I also had them faxed over, which was done right away, and I will include faxed version in my package for AOS. You don't get your 1040 exactly, but you get a list of relevant information and numbers which you included on your 1040. No W2s, but luckily, I saved those.
Cheers
Nebo

Sure. Here is it:

• Cover letter
  • I-485 and biometrics filling fee (Check to Department of Homeland Security of $1,010.00)
  • Two (2) passport-style photographs
  • Application to register permanent residence or adjust status (I-485)
  • Medical examination (I-693) in sealed envelope
  • Birth certificate (photocopy and English translation)
  • Educational degrees (evidence of required education)
    High-school degree (photocopy and English translation)
    B.S. degree (photocopy and English translation)
    M.S. degree (photocopy)
    Ph.D. degree (photocopy)​
  • Evidence of financial support
    Employment letter
    Six (6) (most recent) pay stubs (June 2007 – November 2007)
    Six (6) (most recent) bank statements (May 2007 – October 2007)​
  • Passport (photocopy)
  • Proof of current USCIS status
    H1B approval notice (photocopy)
    I-94 (photocopy)​
  • Proof of maintaining USCIS status
    I-20 forms (photocopies)
    OPT EAD card (photocopy)​
  • Proof of NO criminal record issued by foreign authorities (photocopy and English translation)
  • Biographic information (G-325A)
  • Diversity Visa 2008 notification letter from Kentucky Consular Center (photocopy)
  • Receipt of DV payment (photocopy of receipt of payment to Department of State for $375.00)

Hope this helps,
M&M
9/19 DV payment made
12/02 AOS delivered
12/14 Check cashed

Thanks for the info!

good, so there is one more person who excluded affidavit of support. I guess I will have to do it same way as you did.

Cheers
Nebo

Thanks for the info!

good, so there is one more person who excluded affidavit of support. I guess I will have to do it same way as you did.

Cheers
Nebo
I had posted this earlier, however copying again so that it helps others....

I received a checklist for I-485 Adjustment of Status Package for DV-Lottery Winner when I went to the local USCIS office. I am copying the same here so that it will be easy for all those who have not sent their document yet.

1. I-485 fee
2. I-765 (Optional)
3. 2 Photos if no temporary resident card needed at time of approval or 4 photos if temporary resident card needed at time of approval

ATTACH TO I-485 IN THE FOLLOWING ORDER:

1. I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens seeking AOS
2. Photocopy of your govt. issued birth certificate. If in foreign language, include full english translation
3. Photocopy of your govt. issued marraige certificate. If in foreign language, include full english translation
4. Evidence of required education or work experience. If in foreign language, include full english translation
5. Letter of employment or evidence of financial support or I-864, Affidavit of Support (eg. letter from employer and last year income tax return)
6. Photocopy of your entire passport and documentation showing current status in US
7. Proof of maintaining valid status while in US. (eg. I-797, I-20A/B or I-20M/N, I-94 etc)
8. If applicable, certified copies of police certificates, court or prison records and military records from your home country. If in foreign language, include full english translation
9. A completed and signed Form G-325 A (Not required for those age 14 and under or those over age 79)
10. Photocopy of diversity-immigrant visa approval notice from National Visa Center
11. A photocopy of receipt showing payment of Department of State Diversity Immigration processing fee must be submitted at time of interview
12. I-765, Applicaton for Employment Authorization - Fill out and submit this form only if applying for employment.

This is checklist that I followed when I submitted the document for myself and my wife. Hope this will help others. In my case, I made two separate files one for myself and one for my wife and kept both the files in the same envelope and sent to Chicago address. I havent made any cover letter.

Green Cards Approved

My wife's interview was today @ 10:30 in Orlando. We didn't take the 4 children since they (and me) only had our biometrics done last week, so knew we would have to go for seperate interviews after my wife.

We arrived at 10:15 and my wife was called in immediately for interview. After a minute I was also called in as they agreed to interview me anyhow, even though my background check was not complete.

She had been asked to only take original birth certificate and passport (although we had other documents ready just in case).

We were not asked to show any documents what-so-ever, not even birth or marriage certificates. We both swore the oath to tell the truth. Carolyn was interviewed first, which simply consisted of verbally confirming name, date and place of birth and how many children. Then the lady interviewer stamped her passport as aproved, then asked me the same questions. This means that once my background check comes back I do not need to go for interview - my GC will just be mailed to me.

The interviewer then went on to approve all 4 childrens GCs even though they were not present, which was a relief as I didn't really want to have to take them for interview as it's a bit of a hassle.

Every thing was very straight-forward and the staff at USCIS all very plesent and helpful.

My wife's interview was today @ 10:30 in Orlando. We didn't take the 4 children since they (and me) only had our biometrics done last week, so knew we would have to go for seperate interviews after my wife.

We arrived at 10:15 and my wife was called in immediately for interview. After a minute I was also called in as they agreed to interview me anyhow, even though my background check was not complete.

She had been asked to only take original birth certificate and passport (although we had other documents ready just in case).

We were not asked to show any documents what-so-ever, not even birth or marriage certificates. We both swore the oath to tell the truth. Carolyn was interviewed first, which simply consisted of verbally confirming name, date and place of birth and how many children. Then the lady interviewer stamped her passport as aproved, then asked me the same questions. This means that once my background check comes back I do not need to go for interview - my GC will just be mailed to me.

The interviewer then went on to approve all 4 childrens GCs even though they were not present, which was a relief as I didn't really want to have to take them for interview as it's a bit of a hassle.

Every thing was very straight-forward and the staff at USCIS all very plesent and helpful.

CONGRATULATIONS, Orlandovillas ! Well done!