• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

How it looked your Paid Receipt?

I received back my $375 receipt paid, but only says "PAID" in very little stamped letters. :(

How was your receipt? :confused:

Thanks,

Lucky2008Winner

My wife's interview was today @ 10:30 in Orlando. We didn't take the 4 children since they (and me) only had our biometrics done last week, so knew we would have to go for seperate interviews after my wife.

We arrived at 10:15 and my wife was called in immediately for interview. After a minute I was also called in as they agreed to interview me anyhow, even though my background check was not complete.

She had been asked to only take original birth certificate and passport (although we had other documents ready just in case).

We were not asked to show any documents what-so-ever, not even birth or marriage certificates. We both swore the oath to tell the truth. Carolyn was interviewed first, which simply consisted of verbally confirming name, date and place of birth and how many children. Then the lady interviewer stamped her passport as aproved, then asked me the same questions. This means that once my background check comes back I do not need to go for interview - my GC will just be mailed to me.

The interviewer then went on to approve all 4 childrens GCs even though they were not present, which was a relief as I didn't really want to have to take them for interview as it's a bit of a hassle.

Every thing was very straight-forward and the staff at USCIS all very plesent and helpful.

Took less than 3 months to get everything straightened out. Am happy for you guys. You'll have a good celebration and don't party too much. haha. Congratulations

How do you start your Biometrics?

Hi everyone,

How did you started your biometrics?
Do you receive a letter from USCIS or Chicago to start that process?
Or just go to the FBI to start that process?

Please a little help.

Thanks so much in advance,

Lucky2008Winner

===================
Mar Received Win Letter
Nov Sent AOS to KC
Nov Sent $750 to State
Nov Receive Letter Back from KC
Dec Received back $750 receipt
Dec Medicals Done and all clear
Dec 18 Went to USCIS and they confirmed to send all papers to Chicago
Dec 20 Will be ready to send all my docs :)

Congratulations Orlandovillas

The interviewer then went on to approve all 4 childrens GCs even though they were not present, which was a relief as I didn't really want to have to take them for interview as it's a bit of a hassle.

This is the first time I heard about kids being approved without showing up. Good for you. We have to drag them along with us tomorrow...

Congratulations again.

I must also express my appreciation to everyone on the forum that has provided so much useful information.

Bellabum - Our children are all age 13 and under, so I'm not sure if that made any difference. It was just fortunate I had their passports with me yesterday otherwise they would not have ben able to approve them on the spot. All the best for your interview tomorrow.

Need Wise Suggesion For Spouse Dob Problem

Hi All

I need your wise suggesion about my spouse DOB problem. When I filled up my wife DOB mistakenly I filled up wrong format(dd-mm-yy)(e.g:8-9-1982)(August 09, 1982). When I selected DV lottery 2008 I corrected in DSP-230 form and mention correct format(mm-dd-yy)(eg:9-8-1982)(e.g:September 08, 1982) which is her birthday. That means my wife actual birthday is September 08, 1982 and I have all the proof. But my wife's DV initial data entry DOB was August 09, 1982.

Is this a Big issue? How can I solve this issue any comments.....

Case Status on USCIS site

First off congratulations to all DV2008 winners who have already had their interviews done and GC approved. I am sure you all are relieved and ecstatic.

I have a somewhat strange issue and am wondering if anyone else is having the same issues that I am having. My number was current in November and sent the AOS package and got the receipt numbers for the I-485 for me as well as my wife. However when I go online to the USCIS site to check the status, the site says 'Error: Case Status Retrieval Failed'. Has anyone experienced this?

I did call the number on the 797 and talked to someone at the National Service Center (not very helpful at all) who said the case was still pending and that it would be processed normally like any I-485. Does this make sense? DV2008 will be over at the end of Sept 08 and he was aware of that but still said 6-7 months. Anyone know this for a fact that this is how they process I-485 based on DV?

The reason he said I could not track my case on the USCIS site is because they are having some data issues and didn't know if I would ever be able to track my cases online or not. I guess I am gonna have to be satisfied with that response for now but just sounds a little absurd.

Thank you for your feedbacks!

Hi everyone,

How did you started your biometrics?
Do you receive a letter from USCIS or Chicago to start that process?
Or just go to the FBI to start that process?

Once you send you I-485 package to the Chicago Lockbox, USCIS will send you a Notice of Action (I-797). It is to confirm that they have received your package. After that they will send you another letter with your biometrics appointment (Date/Time/Location). The location most likely will be the nearest USCIS field office from your address.

Every thing was very straight-forward and the staff at USCIS all very plesent and helpful.[/QUOTE]

Congratulations orlandovillas!!!
I got my actual green card in the mail yesterday! Can't believe how fast that was:)

same for me about the receipt

my checks were not yet cashed and i feel worried again:(

It might be a little early to worry. Personally, I'm trying to get used to the idea that the holidays are near and things will move slower than usual because most of their people will be on vacation. I mean ... the next scheduled interview that we know of is at the end on January, so ... I think there are delays because of the holidays.

First off congratulations to all DV2008 winners who have already had their interviews done and GC approved. I am sure you all are relieved and ecstatic.

I have a somewhat strange issue and am wondering if anyone else is having the same issues that I am having. My number was current in November and sent the AOS package and got the receipt numbers for the I-485 for me as well as my wife. However when I go online to the USCIS site to check the status, the site says 'Error: Case Status Retrieval Failed'. Has anyone experienced this?

I did call the number on the 797 and talked to someone at the National Service Center (not very helpful at all) who said the case was still pending and that it would be processed normally like any I-485. Does this make sense? DV2008 will be over at the end of Sept 08 and he was aware of that but still said 6-7 months. Anyone know this for a fact that this is how they process I-485 based on DV?

The reason he said I could not track my case on the USCIS site is because they are having some data issues and didn't know if I would ever be able to track my cases online or not. I guess I am gonna have to be satisfied with that response for now but just sounds a little absurd.

Thank you for your feedbacks!

Hi BN2008,

I'm also not able to retrieve my case status. But, I got my NoA yesterday and most probably they didn't update the data in their system. If you check earlier posts (~ Oct 16th), there were similar problems with the online case status search, but I think that, after some time, everything was OK.

In October, when I had an appointment at my local USCIS office, they told me the same (that it'll take 6-9 months for the processing of the application to complete depending on the background check), but I think this discussion thread proves that, so far, it was must faster than that.

That was very quick - congrats!

Every thing was very straight-forward and the staff at USCIS all very plesent and helpful.

Congratulations orlandovillas!!!
I got my actual green card in the mail yesterday! Can't believe how fast that was:)[/QUOTE]

havent received the interview letter yet..

Hi All,

My case number is EU46**. I sent my application on Oct 1st, and I had my biometrics on Nov. 21st. Received EAD card the first week of December.

However, I haven't received an interview letter.

Do you think making an infopass appointment will be helpful? Thanks for your help..

Elif

Hi BN2008,

I'm also not able to retrieve my case status. But, I got my NoA yesterday and most probably they didn't update the data in their system. If you check

Thanks for your reply fjelltronen. Please do let me know when you can see your case status online. I really hope you are right about the processing time. Reading some of the posts in the forum, it does look like things are going a lot faster than 6-7 months.