• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

do you know if the address to send DV-fee is changed

Dear friends,

I recently received a letter from KCC after I informed them about switching from CP to AOS. The letter looks like a confirmation from them that they changed my information accordingly. They reminded me that I have to pay my diversity visa fee as soon as possible after USCIS accepted my AOS application because they are not going to transfer my file to USCIS before I pay the fee. And, I already paid the fee and received the receipt. But, the address that they mention this time to send the fee is not in Pittsburg, PA as we all received with notification letter. Instead, they wrote the address shown below:

U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000

I already tried to call KCC and ask but their answering system put me on hold for so long like 30 minutes each time that I called. So, I gave up and sent them an Email but there is no reply yet.

Any idea about this matter? Did you guys sent your DV- fee to Pittsburg, PA or St. Louis, Missouri? By the way they only stamp my receipt by a simple dated paid stamp and nothing more no special stamps and no logo of department of states etc. do you have the same format on your receipt?

Any reply to this matter would be appreciated.

Hi Fjelltronen,

I went to the local office and showed them the memo which you linked in above message. I did not ask for the surperviser, but the officer said that he needs to discuss this memo with the superviser. The superviser was very polite with me, she said that they will not make a request to expedite the name check simply because my application in the good track. She said that they know about DV deadlines and that if they do not receive anything by the end of July, they would adjudicate the application. The officer added that he understands my concern and asked me do not worry much about all these delays. Finally he said that my application is under control. After such polite conversation, I completely calmed down and returned home in the good mood. Let's see how things will work.

I'm glad everything went much better this time. So, they will not wait until the middle of August (is that when the 180 days of pending name check will be up for you?) and continue at that time, they'll wait only until the end of July and then adjudicate. Even 2 weeks matter at this point in time.

Did you ask anything about the interview ?

I went to my local office on Friday and ran into an agent who agreed with everything I said (dv deadlines and name check expedition). She gave me a receipt that confirms that my name check was submitted on April 10th. She made a copy of that press release and said that she'll submit it to the dept. that requests name checks to be expedited. I'm going to go this Friday to see if they agree to do that because I cannot wait for 6 more months.

About 90 days. We have had a long discussion here. CIS policy is 90 days, but only if I-485 form was received during the same fiscal year as the DV program in which you participate. All examples mentioned here as denied because of early application in fact violated the same fiscal year rule, or there was a reasonable assumption it was violated. For instance, you number becomes current on October 1st, but you send application on September 29th, and it is received by CIS on September 30th, with is a different fiscal year from October 1st.

That is an important rule, because on midnight between September 30th and October 1st the pipeline switches. Before that ALL applications go into DV-previous-year-pipeline, and do not reach your program (next year program) at all. And after that they ALL go into DV-next-year-pipeline and 90 days rule works.

Thanks again. I have another question. I have read many contradictory posts about the requirement of police certificate. Do I need to send police certificates from my home country or th US with my application. I really appreciate your help.

Raevsky,
Thanks for the fast reply. Are sure about the 90 days grace period? In some other posts I have read that people have been disqualified because they have sent their package before their number was current. I am really confused.

My wife would kill if she finds out about this, as I have always told her that we should wait until the number is current, and so we have not done our medical exams yet. By the way, how long is it going to take to get our medicals done?

The situation about the 90-day grace period is not clear. You can take a look at my previous post and go up and down on the thread from there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jhonkent

I thought we should send the package to Chicago only AFTER our number is current, but looks like you have mailed it before your number was current. Is it possible to do this? If yes, what is earliest that you can submit the package? My wife's case number becomes current in July, when do you think we should mail the package.

yeah, i sent my forms as soon as my number became current.it took them almost 2 months to send NOA. My number is actually current this month. if i had mailed those forms in may, it would have been end of june before i got NOA. anyways, u will be just fine if you mailed them now since u're current in July.

The situation about the 90-day grace period is not clear. You can take a look at my previous post and go up and down on the thread from there.

plus07

Thank you for the info. I am totally confused. Perhaps there is no clear rule, and so different cases are treated differently.

Could you please answer my other question: Do we need police certificates from either our country or the US? Thank you so much in advance.

Do we need police certificates from either our country or the US? Thank you so much in advance.
You do not need one from US (because police does not give anything like that to you). You need one from each country of your citizenship or current permenent residency, if you lived there for at least 6 months, and from any country other than that if you spent there a year or more. Only time after you reached 16 years old counts.

Thank you for the info. I am totally confused. Perhaps there is no clear rule, and so different cases are treated differently.
It is pretty much clear to me. However, all the risk is yours. :) Whether you are not able to get an interview date if you file on July 1st, or whether you are denied because of early sumbission. I think there is no risk at all in the second possibility.

U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000

Any idea about this matter? Did you guys sent your DV- fee to Pittsburg, PA or St. Louis, Missouri? By the way they only stamp my receipt by a simple dated paid stamp and nothing more no special stamps and no logo of department of states etc. do you have the same format on your receipt?

DOS has a lockbox in St. Louis that they use for other purposes (J-1 waivers for example). My guess is that they are consolidating the DV payments with their other lockbox traffic.

The format for the receipt you described (a stupid "PAID" stamp on a photocopy) is correct and will be honored.

i was going to ask, when was ur fingerprint appointment? i was thnking it was last wk friday

It was. They are supposed to adjudicate the EADs within 90 days of the received date. I guess they are trying to make that happen.

In other news -- received interview letter for mid-June. IL was issued on the same day as biometrics.

Letter is pretty authoritarian --- "If you are unable to keep this appointment your application will be denied" -- but we are very glad to see it!

Includes a "Required Documentation for DV Adjustment of Status" listing. Helpful tips like "Store bought ID cards are not considered proper identification" certainly give us an idea for what these people have to put up with.

It was. They are supposed to adjudicate the EADs within 90 days of the received date. I guess they are trying to make that happen.

In other news -- received interview letter for mid-June. IL was issued on the same day as biometrics.

Letter is pretty authoritarian --- "If you are unable to keep this appointment your application will be denied" -- but we are very glad to see it!

Includes a "Required Documentation for DV Adjustment of Status" listing. Helpful tips like "Store bought ID cards are not considered proper identification" certainly give us an idea for what these people have to put up with.

Ooh my gosh, that was pretty quick. am going to try and do my biometrics this friday.

i was going to ask, do you think the interviews are scheduled by the folks at the National Benefit center in Missouri?

DOS has a lockbox in St. Louis that they use for other purposes (J-1 waivers for example). My guess is that they are consolidating the DV payments with their other lockbox traffic.

The format for the receipt you described (a stupid "PAID" stamp on a photocopy) is correct and will be honored.

How long did it take to recieve that reciept?
I sent the fees on April 7th, delivered April 9th and cashed on April 9th.
But didn't get the reciept yet.
called KCC, they asked me to call back after weeks.

ur's is taking quite sometime. got mine back 2 wks after i mailed it.

Less than a week for me although others have had to wait longer.

You don't need to show the receipt until your interview. If you get to that point and still don't have it then KCC should be able to provide a duplicate. Not a big worry, so long as KCC shows in their system that you paid...

did it say on the envelope Where it was mailed from?

The district office. It wasn't on the I-797 stationery, it was something they did themselves.

Actually I'm pretty impressed. If we get approved at the interview I'll take back all the bad things I've ever said about USCIS.

Hi guys,

This is a great forum. I have learn a lot in the last couple of days.

I just want to double-check something with you guys:

If I am doing AOS, I do not have to submit any police record from my home country. The FBI background check takes care of that part, right?

Thanks in advance.