• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

Savy17 thanks for the answers and your best wishes. I hope everything will be fine.

Will I raise my right or left hand? Will I raise my hand up to my head level?

Any different answers especially for my second question?

Savy17 thanks for the answers and your best wishes. I hope everything will be fine.

Will I raise my right or left hand? Will I raise my hand up to my head level?

Any different answers especially for my second question?

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS, SAVY ! A really long journey is over . :)

Brothers, I'm not sure what they mean by petitioner and beneficiary for DV, but for H1-B work visas, the application is filled by the employer (=petitioner) for an employee (=beneficiary). I'm assuming that you filled your application by yourself, so you're both the petitioner and the beneficiary. I'd say have those documents ready (your own documents) ... you could use the 3rd copy of W-2s (the ones to be filled for the state tax which is not required in texas).

Or ... you could just try to give them a call and try to figure out what exactly they want and follow their advice. This way, you can play the card "i spoke with your agents and that's what they said".

Good luck with your interview !!

I've INFOPASS today. Status the same - namecheck pending :(
They will not request FBI to expedite namecheck clearence, because of 180 days rule.
So I need to wait another 3+ months and come back to them.
This waiting is killing me :(

MikeM; at least you don't need to worry about the interview !!!

Any answers for my question listed above?

MikeM; at least you don't need to worry about the interview !!!

Any answers for my question listed above?

Looks like you are extremely nervous without actually any reason. Just relax - DV based AOS interview itself is quite simple.

1. Don't care if you never been married and do not have kids

2. Probably they send you template for marriage based or family based AOS interview. I wouldn't care about it.

3. You need to say "I swear" that's it.

4. You can even keep EAD at home, nobody going to ask for it.

5. Usually not. And definetely not if your case would not be approved during the interview

6. No. That's exactly my case - officer said everything is OK, my wife namecheck is cleared, but my still pending. I need to wait till it will be cleared, or till 180 days passed since namecheck started.

I've INFOPASS today. Status the same - namecheck pending :(
They will not request FBI to expedite namecheck clearence, because of 180 days rule.
So I need to wait another 3+ months and come back to them.
This waiting is killing me :(

I guess the 180 days should be okay for ya. But for some of us who just mailed in our applications, we do not have enough time to wait for 180 days if anyone of us should get stuck in name check for some reason, so they'll probably have to expedite name check.i hope that dosen't happen as it dosen't seem like fun.

MikeM thanks for the answers. I hope everything will be OK.

Looks like you are extremely nervous without actually any reason. Just relax - DV based AOS interview itself is quite simple.

1. Don't care if you never been married and do not have kids

2. Probably they send you template for marriage based or family based AOS interview. I wouldn't care about it.

3. You need to say "I swear" that's it.

4. You can even keep EAD at home, nobody going to ask for it.

5. Usually not. And definetely not if your case would not be approved during the interview

6. No. That's exactly my case - officer said everything is OK, my wife namecheck is cleared, but my still pending. I need to wait till it will be cleared, or till 180 days passed since namecheck started.

3/4: application delivered to Chicago
4/7: still waiting.

At this point, if you haven't yet filed and have a choice between CP and AOS, I'd go for CP if at all possible. Something has gotten really screwed up at the lockbox.

We are even considering asking DOS to send the case to the embassy and not send it to USCIS.

Of course, now that we're concerned, the check will probably clear tomorrow.

3/4: application delivered to Chicago
4/7: still waiting.

At this point, if you haven't yet filed and have a choice between CP and AOS, I'd go for CP if at all possible. Something has gotten really screwed up at the lockbox.

We are even considering asking DOS to send the case to the embassy and not send it to USCIS.

Of course, now that we're concerned, the check will probably clear tomorrow.

I can definitely feel your pain. Same here. I think something is wrong with Lockbox. its just taking way too much time to cash checks which i think is rediculous. I wished i had done CP too but it looks like there's no going back. All we can do is wait and hope for the best. I think we'll be aight. It just the anxiety of waiting to get NOA. it seems like everything goes pretty fast as soon as that check is cashed. I sent mine 3 wks ago so i guess i might be waitin a lil longer.I hope not.

I can definitely feel your pain. Same here. I think something is wrong with Lockbox. its just taking way too much time to cash checks which i think is rediculous. I wished i had done CP too but it looks like there's no going back. All we can do is wait and hope for the best. I think we'll be aight. It just the anxiety of waiting to get NOA. it seems like everything goes pretty fast as soon as that check is cashed. I sent mine 3 wks ago so i guess i might be waitin a lil longer.I hope not.

Hey guys,
Mine was delivered on the first 2 weeks of Feb, I received receipt on the 3rd week of March, and Fingerprint 2nd week of April.

I know it is a long wait especially for the applications sent after Feb.
It is a long wait and I understand the anxiety.

I asked KCC a month or so ago if we can switch back to Consular, and they said YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They said it'll take about a month to do so.
I shall go with waiting for AOS though....
But that option is there....I too am anxious as I wonder whether the namecheck, and all the other bureacracy will be done by Sep 30...

I wish all of us good luck

I guess the 180 days should be okay for ya. But for some of us who just mailed in our applications, we do not have enough time to wait for 180 days if anyone of us should get stuck in name check for some reason, so they'll probably have to expedite name check.i hope that dosen't happen as it dosen't seem like fun.

I am so worried about this as well. I hope they understand that they ought to request expedite for those of us that don't have 180 days to wait.

Can we sue the USCIS for not getting it done by Sept 30, if we mailed our documents several months before.

Good luck to all

I am so worried about this as well. I hope they understand that they ought to request expedite for those of us that don't have 180 days to wait.

Can we sue the USCIS for not getting it done by Sept 30, if we mailed our documents several months before.

Good luck to all

There has been situations where folks sued USCIS and they won. We shouldn't be thinking about that right now. we all need to stay focused. we will be fine.

Mine is taking so long as well. I see others are waiting too....they recieved my documents almost 45 days ago. I haven't seen anybody in this website that has waited that long....but what can I do rather than just waiting...

Mine is taking so long as well. I see others are waiting too....they recieved my documents almost 45 days ago. I haven't seen anybody in this website that has waited that long....but what can I do rather than just waiting...

man, thats a long time. i don't know if i can wait that long.Geez

Ours got there on Feb 15th and checks were cashed on Mar 21st. Got NOA on Mar 24th. So it took almost 6 weeks for us to get the receipts which is what I see for a lot of people in this thread.

Thanks

Did the I-797 receipt you got show a received date of Feb 15 or thereabouts? This delay wouldn't be quite as bad if we got "credit" for waiting in line...

called USCIS

Okay Guys, i spoke to a few guys in USCIS this morning about receipt number and stuff and they told me that they couldn't help me at the moment because it hasn't been 30 days since i filed my AOS. They asked me to call back when its 30 days and i should be able to have someone locate my application and receipt notice will be mailed immediately.

Hi,
I think waiting is the only solution....I checked my online banking account today morning...finally my check is cashed after one month and a half.....
Hopefully since it took a long time, the process be faster.
I know it's really hard to wait but you gotta be paitient.
good luck.

Did the I-797 receipt you got show a received date of Feb 15 or thereabouts? This delay wouldn't be quite as bad if we got "credit" for waiting in line...

Yes, it shows Feb 15th as received date. Once you get your receipt..things should go smooth...only thing to worry about would be name check..

Hi,
I think waiting is the only solution....I checked my online banking account today morning...finally my check is cashed after one month and a half.....
Hopefully since it took a long time, the process be faster.
I know it's really hard to wait but you gotta be paitient.
good luck.

Congrats men. Thats gives us hope.

questions

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anybody who's done his/her biometrics process could answer my questions.....
1) after biometrics appointment, do we recieve a letter for interview?
2) I see in this forums some people put AP in thier signitures, what does AP stand for?
3) what does EAD stand for?
4) after interview how long the name check takes?
thanks very much.