• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

no. i asked him n he said they dun do it anymore. rather he was entering those bar codes into computer and said that helps me get GC Faster

thanks Mike, hope ur namecheck clears soon. BTw, is ur name kind a common one? if so, then is that the cause for da delay?

Saurav congrulations. BTW is your online case status changed? Because although my interview was 3 dayss ago, it still says the same thing "your case is pending"

no. the status hasnt changed. i think it takes 2 weeks 4 GC 2 Arrive, so i dun want 2 worry abt that, it will change ultimately. i will let u know if it changes (hopefully not b4 urs)

Hey,
Once you get your fingerprints done for EAD and I-485, does the online Case processing status get updated...
If so how many days does it take to update that your fingerprints are processed.

thanks

quick question for folks that have done this DV thing:
About the background check - I understand that with AOS you don't need a police cert for years lived in the US. What about the years you spent outside the US after age 16?
Say you lived abroad between age 16-21 then lived in the US between age 22 till now. do you need a police cert for those first 5 years?

quick question for folks that have done this DV thing:
About the background check - I understand that with AOS you don't need a police cert for years lived in the US. What about the years you spent outside the US after age 16?
Say you lived abroad between age 16-21 then lived in the US between age 22 till now. do you need a police cert for those first 5 years?

no, u do not need a police certificatre

I had all the police certificates from my native country, and from US. But, he didn't ask them during the interview.

Received by CHYBA in Chicago: 3/4

Still no word: 4/13

I am impressed.

Congrats to those who've made it to the finish line. Suggestion to 2009 winners: CP.

Received by CHYBA in Chicago: 3/4

Still no word: 4/13

I am impressed.

Congrats to those who've made it to the finish line. Suggestion to 2009 winners: CP.

yeah man, its crazy. i don't know why it takes this much time for those guys to open up mails. U might be getting ur check cashed this wk. did u ever try calling USCIS and talk to a customer representative?

yeah man, its crazy. i don't know why it takes this much time for those guys to open up mails. U might be getting ur check cashed this wk. did u ever try calling USCIS and talk to a customer representative?

They just read a script and say it may take up to 90 days to receipt an application and that you just have to wait.

They just read a script and say it may take up to 90 days to receipt an application and that you just have to wait.

i wished i did CP too but there's nothin i can do about it. we just got to wait. i spoke to like three representatives this morning and they both said totally 3 different things. One of them wanted me to call back when its 30 days since they got my application so that he can file a complaint or watever. anyway, my 30 days will be on wednesday. I'll keep ya posted