• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

its been 2 wks since my AOS form arrived at Chicago Lockbox, Still no NOA and checks not cashed yet. Am getting a lil worried.

its been 2 wks since my AOS form arrived at Chicago Lockbox, Still no NOA and checks not cashed yet. Am getting a lil worried.

Oh, don't be silly. We're still waiting -- it will be five weeks this Friday!

Never heard of a case where INS lost a case in the lockbox but it does seem that it can take 6+ weeks to issue NOAs for stuff that is unusual.

Meanwhile, it would have been nice if they had put out that FAQ last fall, so we could have filed in October instead of waiting all this time.

Never heard of a case where INS lost a case in the lockbox but it does seem that it can take 6+ weeks to issue NOAs for stuff that is unusual.

Meanwhile, it would have been nice if they had put out that FAQ last fall, so we could have filed in October instead of waiting all this time.

yeah man, it would have been nice to have filed last yr but anyway, there's nothing we can do about it. Some people on here did get their NOA's in 2 wks which i find very unusual. I just hope it gets here soon as its starting to get on me.serious.

Have ur checks been cashed? I guess not

GC received in mail

Got the plastic card today( 4/3) in mail. The notice was dated 3/28 and was posted on 4/1

Finally the journey is over. Thanks everyone for their contribution in this forum which makes it useful for everyone whenever there is any question.

Best wishes to all of you who are in the process of getting GC.

Got the plastic card today( 4/3) in mail. The notice was dated 3/28 and was posted on 4/1

Finally the journey is over. Thanks everyone for their contribution in this forum which makes it useful for everyone whenever there is any question.

Best wishes to all of you who are in the process of getting GC.

Congratulations

It's been almost 6 weeks that I've sent my documents. I haven't heard from USCIS yet. I called them few days ago. They said I gotta wait for 90 days and if I don't hear from them then I gotta call again, and they'll tell me what to do. It's wierd because I read in this site that somebody sent his documents on March 2nd and got his reciept on March 17th.

pegah61,
don't worry. things will be okay.
now-a-days they are taking more time for sending NOA.
good luck

It's been almost 6 weeks that I've sent my documents. I haven't heard from USCIS yet. I called them few days ago. They said I gotta wait for 90 days and if I don't hear from them then I gotta call again, and they'll tell me what to do. It's wierd because I read in this site that somebody sent his documents on March 2nd and got his reciept on March 17th.

man, i don't think i can wait for 6 wks, thats really weird.

Congrats Savy!

pegah61,JohnKent:
Ours got there on Feb 15th and checks were cashed on Mar 21st. Got NOA on Mar 24th. So it took almost 6 weeks for us to get the receipts which is what I see for a lot of people in this thread. Wonder if it has something to do with most of us sending to the fedex/ups address versus USPS address? I wonder if USPS address opens the packets faster than the fedex/ups addresses.

paulcase: when is your interview and what documents have they requested from you?

Thanks

Congrats Savy!

pegah61,JohnKent:
Ours got there on Feb 15th and checks were cashed on Mar 21st. Got NOA on Mar 24th. So it took almost 6 weeks for us to get the receipts which is what I see for a lot of people in this thread. Wonder if it has something to do with most of us sending to the fedex/ups address versus USPS address? I wonder if USPS address opens the packets faster than the fedex/ups addresses.

paulcase: when is your interview and what documents have they requested from you?

Thanks
I did send mine thrugh USPS.So i'll let y'all know if my check gets cashed this wk. That would be so exciting. It seems like everything moves pretty fast as soon as that check is cashed.

its very ironic that we are just sitting at home hoping and praying that someone(USCIS) cashes the check we sent to them a few wks ago.
I check my online bank account every morning to see if my check have been cashed. Anyway, i can't wait to see USCIS cash that check.

Last edited by a moderator:
its very ironic that we are just sitting at home hoping and praying that someone(USCIS) cashes the check we sent to them a few wks ago.
I check my online bank account every morning to see if my check have been cashed. This is something that i have never done especially when i pay my bills with checks. Am like, darn, that utility company f***** cashed the check already. haha
Anyway, i can't wait to see USCIS cash that check.

we've been doing the same thing with online banking. i dont think it makes much of a difference whether you use USPS or not. apparently the lockbox works like this: they have contractors who enter vanilla stuff like marriage cases. if the contractors cant figure out what you sent them then it goes in a line to be entered by uscis people. it's that line which is long and apparently it can take ~6 wks.

we really want to get going with this because we're trapped on expired student visas (still in status but stamp expired). can't get restamped because of that immigrant intent thing. would be nice to get that AP...

Johnkent,
thanx, I didn't check it. How can I know if my background check is clear? any link or phone number?

Hello all. My interview will be this week. I am almost ready for the interview, but I will have some questions. I will be happy if you can answer them !!

1-) At one of the checked boxes in my interview letter, it says that "original birth
certificates for all children born to the marriage"

I am single, and have never married (I don't have any children). So, why this box is
checked?

2-) At an other checked box, it says that "beneficiary must bring 2 photos. Petitioner
must appear at interview with you. If Petitioner fails to appear, your application may be
denied. Please bring photocopies of the last 3 years of petitioner's income taxes with
W-2 forms for INS to keep."

What does it mean, who is beneficiary, and who is petitioner?

3-) After or before the interview, will there be an oath section? If yes, what will I
swear for, do I need to memorize a text?

4-) After the biometrics test, they have sent me my EAD card. Will I give it back after
the interview?

5-) Will the officer give me any special document or stamp any part of my passport after
the interview?

6-) Is getting an interview letter mean that all my background checks were OK? After the interview may the officer say "Your interview is OK, but you have to wait for the
background check."?

Thanks alot, and good luck to everyone !!!

All the best for your interview.

1. Since you are single, you don't have to worry for that. Just ignore that.

2. I don't know why it is checked in your case. Being DV case, I assume it shouldn't be there. So am not able to suggest you on this.

3. Right at the begining, officer will ask you to raise your hand and will ask you that whether you will tell the truth and you simply have to say yes. Thats it. So u don't have to memorise anything.

4. They will give your EAD card back since its not yet expired and you can use it till you get your plastic card (GC).

5. They won't stamp your passport anymore. But if you are traveling out of US before you get your GC, then they will stamp your passport so that you can come back without any trouble.

6. No. Getting interview letter doesn't mean that your background check is clear. If your background check is pending, then the office can say "Your interview is OK, but you have to wait for the background check."

Hope these clear your doubts.

Hello all. My interview will be this week. I am almost ready for the interview, but I will have some questions. I will be happy if you can answer them !!

1-) At one of the checked boxes in my interview letter, it says that "original birth
certificates for all children born to the marriage"

I am single, and have never married (I don't have any children). So, why this box is
checked?

2-) At an other checked box, it says that "beneficiary must bring 2 photos. Petitioner
must appear at interview with you. If Petitioner fails to appear, your application may be
denied. Please bring photocopies of the last 3 years of petitioner's income taxes with
W-2 forms for INS to keep."

What does it mean, who is beneficiary, and who is petitioner?

3-) After or before the interview, will there be an oath section? If yes, what will I
swear for, do I need to memorize a text?

4-) After the biometrics test, they have sent me my EAD card. Will I give it back after
the interview?

5-) Will the officer give me any special document or stamp any part of my passport after
the interview?

6-) Is getting an interview letter mean that all my background checks were OK? After the interview may the officer say "Your interview is OK, but you have to wait for the
background check."?

Thanks alot, and good luck to everyone !!!