• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

Interview Completed

We had our interview today at 10 am. Sharp at 10 am, a lady officer called me to her office. Then after taking oath, she asked for my passport, I-94,SSN and driving licence. The questions asked were the general one like have I ever been reinstated, was I ever out of status, Had I ever had trouble with law and Had I ever had any immigration problem. Answer to all those were obviously no. Then she also asked me how long we are married. She also asked for my tax return copies and the original receipt of money paid to DOS..
After that she called my wife. I was still there. After asking for her passport, I-94, SSN and driving licence, she was asked three questions - whether she was ever out of status, whether she had any problem with law and whether she had any problem with immigration. They also asked her for the copy of our daughter's birth certificate.

And then she told us that she had approved our GC and it will be mailed to us within 3-6 weeks.

Finally the journey is over and thanks to everyone for their contribution in this forum which helps everyone whenever we have doubt.

congratulation savy!!!!
i just got back from europe, my gc arrived last week :D
mikem good luck with the background check

We had our interview today at 10 am. Sharp at 10 am, a lady officer called me to her office. Then after taking oath, she asked for my passport, I-94,SSN and driving licence. The questions asked were the general one like have I ever been reinstated, was I ever out of status, Had I ever had trouble with law and Had I ever had any immigration problem. Answer to all those were obviously no. Then she also asked me how long we are married. She also asked for my tax return copies and the original receipt of money paid to DOS..
After that she called my wife. I was still there. After asking for her passport, I-94, SSN and driving licence, she was asked three questions - whether she was ever out of status, whether she had any problem with law and whether she had any problem with immigration. They also asked her for the copy of our daughter's birth certificate.

And then she told us that she had approved our GC and it will be mailed to us within 3-6 weeks.

Finally the journey is over and thanks to everyone for their contribution in this forum which helps everyone whenever we have doubt.

My interview was similar. The officer said DV cases are easy if the applicant maintains his/her status.

hello guys we have applied for the DV lottery for a couple of my relatives last october. do you have any idea when will we recieve anything...or si it over?!

Anyone file their 485 on March 3 or thereabouts? Ours was delivered to Chicago on that day (via UPS, to the infamous CHYBA, no less) -- our number was current in March.

Not a word since.

You can see on visajourney and other places that people who filed family based petitions around that date have all heard by now (and some of them have even done biometrics). So I guess the DV applications get put into some sort of slow queue.

So -- any other March filers?

Anyone file their 485 on March 3 or thereabouts? Ours was delivered to Chicago on that day (via UPS, to the infamous CHYBA, no less) -- our number was current in March.

Not a word since.

You can see on visajourney and other places that people who filed family based petitions around that date have all heard by now (and some of them have even done biometrics). So I guess the DV applications get put into some sort of slow queue.

So -- any other March filers?

i filed about a wk ago so am not really expecting anything until maybe next wk.Has ur check been cashed??

hello guys we have applied for the DV lottery for a couple of my relatives last october. do you have any idea when will we recieve anything...or si it over?!

should be within these 3 months (March to May) if they got selected. I got mine in late April last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all;

I have sent my documents for AOS on December 31, received my NoA for both I485 and I765 early February. I have my biometrics appointment on mid-february and I have received my EAD card at the end of February.

But nothing happened after that. Now, I am waiting for the interview !!

My question is; when I check my status online it says that;

"Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Fingerprint fee accepted; receipt notice mailed and case pending.

On February 4, 2008, your fingerprint fee was accepted and we have mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Your case is now pending. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process each kind of case in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below for current processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

Is this message normal? It hasn't changed since february 4 !!!

yes, the message is normal. you may take an infopass with your local uscis office to get an idea about your background and name check status. good luck!

Good luck everyone!!!
I'm getting ready to send my AOS in Oct. and this is what I have so far : form I-485, G-325A, I-765, I-134, medical+ copies of I-20. F1 visa, I-94, passport, 2 pics,high school+college diploma, tax returns,DV receipt and both NLs. Hope I'm not missing anything?!
As far as I know the fee for AOS is 1,010 and this includes AP and EAD. Am I correct?

DID U NOT HAVE AN INTERVIEW? CAN YOU BE APPROVED WITHOUT AN INTERVIEW? AM JUST CURIOUS??

yes, the message is normal. you may take an infopass with your local uscis office to get an idea about your background and name check status. good luck!

Ruxy thanks for your reply.

So, why don't they update the information, because they have updated the information for my I765, but they haven't updated for my I485 application.

how frequently do they update? Ruxy, (or anyone else) was (or is) your case similar to mine?

from this point of view, my case was similar to yours. first, i got my i765 updated and after the interview, my i485 status was different. my suggestion for you is to take an infopass and speak with an officer about the status of your case, otherwise you can only wait, there is nothing that you can actually do to speed up your case.

March 02:send AOS to Chicago via UPS overnight
March 17:First NOA
March 22:Fingure print letter receive dated on April 5
Now waiting for fingereprint and interview notice,

What I want to know is,do i have to face interview?I had send all noterized documents along with financial documents.Also i have quetion about affadavit support,I had send the bank statement of my father and I don't have any money in my account now,so could you guys suggest what I have to do for affadavit support.I have one permanent resident friend who can fill i-134 but he also don't have enough money in his account though his annual income is $38000.

March 02:send AOS to Chicago via UPS overnight
March 17:First NOA
March 22:Fingure print letter receive dated on April 5
Now waiting for fingereprint and interview notice,

What I want to know is,do i have to face interview?I had send all noterized documents along with financial documents.Also i have quetion about affadavit support,I had send the bank statement of my father and I don't have any money in my account now,so could you guys suggest what I have to do for affadavit support.I have one permanent resident friend who can fill i-134 but he also don't have enough money in his account though his annual income is $38000.

Ur friend dosen't have to have a dime in his account. All they need is his tax return and $38,000 is sufficient enough.

AOS and J-1 Visa

Hello,
I have obtained a waiver of the 2 year home residency requirement for my J-1, and my current status as a J-1 ends this may.

My DV based AOS is pending, and may not be finalized until after May.

So 2 questions.
1) Shall I apply for extension of J-1 visa status whilst my AOS is pending, just so that I remain in status, and don't lose status in case AOS is rejected.

2) If I extend my J-1 status in May, then would that mean that I get another 2 year rule on top of the waiver. In other words, although I got a waiver of the 2 year rule, would the waiver be obsolete if I were to extend the J-1 status. If so, what would this mean for my pending DV based AOS application.

Thanks a lot