• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

If it helps: I made an INFOPASS appointment for Monday (I chose the "You need information or other services" option) and the confirmation page has "appointment type: speak to immigration officer". So, the agents that we speak with are considered immigration officers.

Thanks, fjelltronen.

good news

I wanted to say that my friend had interview and was successful. :D It was DV AOS with number current in December, biometrics in February, and interview in March. He was approved at the interview. He said it was very short, mostly asking again the questions from the I-485 to verify, and the only documents examined were the letter from employer and the original birth certificate.

They did not stamp passport, said only to wait for green card in the mail, I have heard they do not stamp now? Is there any other way to verify approval meantime?

Anyways I want to say thank you to everyone on the forum, for taking the time to pool their information here for everyone's benefit. With your valuable help my friend was able to get DV GC without a lawyer. I wish all of you every success on your journey.

:)

Me and my wife have interview today.
Interview itself goes ok, officer didn't ask for police certificates, just verify information in forms.
But my security check is not clear yet, and as I'm the primary applicant, our cases couldn't be approved now :(
The good news are he confirmed that namecheck had been started at Jan 13, so hopefully at Jul 13 they should approve it even without FBI response. Anyway officer recommended to be proactive and begining from August go to infopass to check my case status. Of course I'll go to infopass at least monthly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted to say that my friend had interview and was successful. :D It was DV AOS with number current in December, biometrics in February, and interview in March. He was approved at the interview. He said it was very short, mostly asking again the questions from the I-485 to verify, and the only documents examined were the letter from employer and the original birth certificate.

They did not stamp passport, said only to wait for green card in the mail, I have heard they do not stamp now? Is there any other way to verify approval meantime?

Congratulations!

Your friend could go to USCIS Case Status Online - usually the first sign that the application has been approved is a message stating something along the lines of "card production ordered" or "permanent residence registered", etc.

What was your friend's local office?

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulation MikeM.
Atleast now you just have to wait for name check.
Me and my wife are going for the interview on March 24. Can you tell me whether they conduct the interview together or one by one? Also what were the types of questions asked.
It will help if you could let us know.

Interview itself goes ok, officer didn't ask for police certificates, just verify information in forms.
But my security check is not clear yet, and as I'm the primary applicant, our cases couldn't be approved now :(
The good new is he confirmed that namecheck had been started at Jan 13, so hopefully at Jul 13 they should approve it even without FBI response. Anyway officer recommended to be proactive and begining from August go to infopass to check my case status. Of course I'll go to infopass at least monthly.

Congratulation to your friend.

Anyways I want to say thank you to everyone on the forum, for taking the time to pool their information here for everyone's benefit. With your valuable help my friend was able to get DV GC without a lawyer. I wish all of you every success on your journey.

:)

Congratulation MikeM.
Atleast now you just have to wait for name check.
Me and my wife are going for the interview on March 24. Can you tell me whether they conduct the interview together or one by one? Also what were the types of questions asked.
It will help if you could let us know.

Thanks Savy,

We've been interviewed together.

Questions - how long are we married, what the current employer, when last time we enter US, have we applied on immigrant status before etc. Pretty much cover every questions in I-485 and other forms that we sent ;-)
Probably officer just want to be sure that we are the same persons who filled these forms.

The good news are he confirmed that namecheck had been started at Jan 13, so hopefully at Jul 13 they should approve it even without FBI response. Anyway officer recommended to be proactive and begining from August go to infopass to check my case status. Of course I'll go to infopass at least monthly.

Congratulations, MikeM! Your name will be cleared soon, I'm sure! With the interview done, one less worry off your mind. :)

I didn't receive any news. i'm waiting and waiting and waiting ...

Thanks Savy,

We've been interviewed together.

Questions - how long are we married, what the current employer, when last time we enter US, have we applied on immigrant status before etc. Pretty much cover every questions in I-485 and other forms that we sent ;-)
Probably officer just want to be sure that we are the same persons who filled these forms.

hey, on the reason why u needed an advance parole, wat did you write. I just wrote that i haven't seen my mom in years and that i would love to go visit her and my immediate family. I also talked about her not being in good health for a while. I hope they grant it. I probably won't use it anyways.

I just said we wanted to go on vacation (which was true) and ours was granted within around 30 days of submission.

hey, on the reason why u needed an advance parole, wat did you write. I just wrote that i haven't seen my mom in years and that i would love to go visit her and my immediate family. I also talked about her not being in good health for a while. I hope they grant it. I probably won't use it anyways.

hey, on the reason why u needed an advance parole, wat did you write

I didn't write anything. Just fill I-131 form together with all other forms. In I-131 I just filled "Date of Intendent Departure" and "Expected Length of Trip"

I didn't write anything. Just fill I-131 form together with all other forms. In I-131 I just filled "Date of Intendent Departure" and "Expected Length of Trip"

I did fill in those too but on a seperate peice of paper that i attached to the form, i explained that i wanted to go see family overseas that i haven't seen in years.

congratulation MikeM. Eventhough it might takke a while to clear ur name check, u r in a safe side. Congrats again

just wondering wat happened to savy's interview? i hope it went well....
Can someone tell me what are the things to be taken in the interview except those requested in the appointment letter. Do i have to take passport sized photographs as well???

Can someone tell me what are the things to be taken in the interview except those requested in the appointment letter. Do i have to take passport sized photographs as well???

usually it's recommended to have all originals for copies that was sent to USCIS; financial related docs - employee letter, recent paystabs, bank account statements, tax returns; docs that shows that you never been out of status - all I-94, I-129 for H1B etc.; current state ID - driver licence; SSN card.

No one of these docs were requested during my interview by the way.

thanks Mike for the quick reply,

Do i have to take a copy of DS forms too, that i sent to KCC a long ago? and how about the passport sized photographs?

thanks Mike for the quick reply,

Do i have to take a copy of DS forms too, that i sent to KCC a long ago? and how about the passport sized photographs?

forms - I'd say yes
photos - USCIS don't need them I believe, they will use electronic photos from biometrics appointment
But overall rule - If you have any doubt about is some document needed or not, just take it if you can :)