• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2006 and J1 visa

mavuadur/greg dv2006/afraid,

Where is your local office located? did your number current?

thanks

1st notice

Do you guys know how long could the first notice take? I see for most people it is around 10 days. My checks were cashed (2 out of 3), but no Notice of action yet. Is it suppose to come from Chicago or from the local USCIS?
My local is Jacksonville, FL

Thanks a lot!

tak2 said:
mavuadur/greg dv2006/afraid,

Where is your local office located? did your number current?

thanks

My local office is in San Jose, CA. My number became current this month.

zaryun said:
Do you guys know how long could the first notice take? I see for most people it is around 10 days. My checks were cashed (2 out of 3), but no Notice of action yet. Is it suppose to come from Chicago or from the local USCIS?
My local is Jacksonville, FL

Thanks a lot!

It seems to me that you'll be receiving your first notice soon since they already cashed your checks... But why did they only cash two of your checks? It doesn't make sense. What were the checks for (other members of your family or EAD and advanced parole)?

This first notice, I think, comes from Chicago. Does anybody know for sure?

Hi

My number is current a long time ago and it is really weared that I did not get the second notice yet. But I can see that it depends from case to case.
I just called the customer service and they told me to wait at least 30 days for the second notice.

So I am going to wait and wait.
I have a request from marvadur:

IF YOU GO ONLINE AND CHECK YOUR STATUS ONLINE CAN YOU READ FROM THERE YOUR BIOMETRIX APPOINTMENT?
I AM THINKING IF I DO NOT RECEIVE THE ENVELOPE WITH SECOND NOTICE HOW WILL I KNOW ABOUT MY BIOMETRIX APPOINTMENT( WHERE TO GO AND WHEN ?)

It looks like things are getting slower by the time goes by.
And another question: if I will get the travel document can I visit my family before the interviu and before getting the Green Card?
I mean can I leave the US?

I say pacients to me and for everybody and good luck.
afraid

afraid said:
Hi

My number is current a long time ago and it is really weared that I did not get the second notice yet. But I can see that it depends from case to case.
I just called the customer service and they told me to wait at least 30 days for the second notice.

So I am going to wait and wait.
I have a request from marvadur:

IF YOU GO ONLINE AND CHECK YOUR STATUS ONLINE CAN YOU READ FROM THERE YOUR BIOMETRIX APPOINTMENT?
I AM THINKING IF I DO NOT RECEIVE THE ENVELOPE WITH SECOND NOTICE HOW WILL I KNOW ABOUT MY BIOMETRIX APPOINTMENT( WHERE TO GO AND WHEN ?)

It looks like things are getting slower by the time goes by.
And another question: if I will get the travel document can I visit my family before the interviu and before getting the Green Card?
I mean can I leave the US?

I say pacients to me and for everybody and good luck.
afraid

Afraid,

I know it is really awful to wait, especially when you see others already getting their notices and so on. But now is the time to keep your cool. So, be patient and relax. We are all in the same boat. I'm sure at the end everything is going to be just fine.

Ok, now, in regard the online status, I just checked mine and nothing changed. The message is the same since I saw it there for the first time. So, I do not think they will put up a notice regarding the Biometrics appointment. But if anything changes on my online status, I'll let you know. ;)

I think that if you get your travel document, you can travel but I wouldn't leave the country until I got my green card. The whole process is taking 3 to 4 months. I don't think it's worth missing a notice because I was out of the country...

Well, GOOD LUCK to all of us!!!! :D

Afraid,

Be patient and relax! I filed on Oct and still waiting for interview. 5 month gone and 6th is running. I am almost at the end of my patient........

GOD help us! and Good Luck!

tak2 said:
Afraid,

Be patient and relax! I filed on Oct and still waiting for interview. 5 month gone and 6th is running. I am almost at the end of my patient........

GOD help us! and Good Luck!

Tak2, is your number already current? Did you already do Biometrics and fingerprinting?

a question to Marvadur

I received a 1st notice, but only for myself! My husband is a winner and he did not get anything yet. Also they rejected my 5 year old son's application becouse of a wrong signature (I signed for him everywhere).

Did you get all family member's NOA together? How did you sign for your kids?

Thanks

To greg dv2006

just a short question; how do you know that it takes between 1 to 4 weeks to receive the second notice for FP and Biometrix. Thanks

to alincosma

i don't know for sure. you know how it is. it varies from case to case. this is just the approximity based on what other people went through (including myself) or found out while calling the immigration 1-800 number. but we have to think positively, right? :)

greg_dv2006

zaryun said:
I received a 1st notice, but only for myself! My husband is a winner and he did not get anything yet. Also they rejected my 5 year old son's application becouse of a wrong signature (I signed for him everywhere).

Did you get all family member's NOA together? How did you sign for your kids?

Thanks

Zaryun,

lets see if I understood well your case: your husband is the lottery winner.

If that is the case, it does not make any sense that you receive the first notice without him receiving it too.

See, I'm not the winner either. My husband is the winner, so if there is any problem with his application, neither I or my kids will be able to get any further with ours.

If your husband is the winner, I think he should be the one signing on behalf of your son.

In our case, before we sent the AOS application, we went to our local USCIS and talked to an immigration officer there. She told my husband he should sign the application for our children, with the observation: "Father signed for child". That's all that we did.

And yes, I got all NOAs together, at the same day by mail.

So, what I would advise you is to make an appointment through INFOPASS http://infopass.uscis.gov/ and go talk to an immigration officer. Take all the papers related to your application with you and the notice/response from Chicago. I think they will be able to tell you the best way to correct the mistakes and go ahead with your application.

Please let us know of any development in your case. I wish you and everybody else in this forum the best.

tak2 said:
My Number Current Since Nov. I Did My Fp In Nov And Still Waiting For Interview

Tak2, what is your region?

Do you know if there is a way of knowing about your FBI check? I read in old conversations in this forum that the only way to reach FBI is through your congressman...

Still no second notice. Why? Marvadur: Did you check your online status on internet? Does it say something about biometrix appointment when and where? In case I do not get a letter how do I know where to go?

Please let me know if you find something.

P.S. When I came to US the FBI came and took my fingerprintings along with others from the program , so I am in there records. But maybe they don't know that.
If this is taking so much time will I be able to get the GC until the end of the fiscal year?

talk to you soon and thank you again for your help and for being here.

afraid

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks greg dv2006
afraid where is your local USCIS. I say wait another 2 weeks so it will be 4 as greg dv2006 said and if you still don't receive anything make an appointment at your local office
That is what I would do in your case
As for your fingerprints I think you still have to go because at the airport they printed only your index finger right? That's what I heard.

Last edited by a moderator:
They took uor fingerprintings ( from all fingers ) and not at the airport but some guy came (they had FBI written on there back ). I do not know but it is really bothering me that is taking so long comparing to what I noticed in other case.
I am going to wait and if in 2 weeks I do not get anything, then I am going to the local office.

Though I wish I could get it soon.

afraid