• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2006 and J1 visa

greg_dv2006 said:
alincosma,
i'm applying from new york city. how about you?
greg_dv2006

You received the second notice in 4 days and the others in 6 .
Why I am not receiving this second notice?
And if they send it but somehow it was lost on the way , how can I find out about the biometrics appointment?
I am very stressed again and I just can't relax and be pacient.
I will let everybody know if something will change.

afraid

marvadur said:
Hi everybody,

FYI, today we received our third notice with our AOS interview date.

Marvadur

I still did not get anything and I am very worried.
Your case shows that things can go so different rom case to case and can change frm a day to another.
This thing gives me hope and makes me relax a little , but I hope to get the second noticeas soon as possible because it is very stressful.

Talk to you all soon.

afraid

Last edited by a moderator:
afraid said:
Great news, marvadur!

Good luck at the interviu and keep us current with the steps and procedures.
I still did not get the second notice.

Have a nice weekend everybody and hope to hear good news from everybody.

afraid

Thank you Afraid. I hope you get your second notice soon. Maybe it's taking a little bit longer because you are doing AOS and your husband CP... But that's only a guess.

Did you try to talk to an immigration officer at your local USCIS?

I called the customer service and the lady told me that it takes from 1 to 4 weeks to get the appointment. And the problem is thet my husband can not do CP untill I am done with the interviu. And that means more time away from each other. I was hopping that I can see him soon , but it looks like I am going to have to be more pacient then I am.
I would go to the local USCIS office but they don't do fingerprintings there and I do not know if they will be able to tell me.

What if they sent me the envelop with the second notice but I did not get it? Then if I call the customer service they should be able to tell me about it or not?
Could you please do a favor to me and call next week the customer service and check if they know about your appointments.

I also called the customer service and checked my status for all receipt numbers and what I found is that my I 612 ( Application to waive foreign residence requirements ) was aproved on February 28th, and I will receive a notice soon.
Because my visa I had to apply for a J1 visa waiver based on "no objection letter" but I needed a aproval from the USCIS too.
Maybe this is the reason why they did not sent me the second notice. I am speculating. At least I have a step forward today.

Thank you for everything and good luck.
I should relax but I can't. I just can't get my mind away from it.

Have a nice weekend.
afraid

febr 16 I -797C, notice of action for I -485 and I -131
Today march 3 I found out that my I 612 was approved on Febr 28th and that I will have to receive a notice

afraid
where is your USCIS office
how long has it been since you received the first notice

alincosma said:
afraid
where is your USCIS office
how long has it been since you received the first notice

my local USCIS office is in South Carolina and I received the first notice on Febr 16th. I just found out about the I 612 and I think that the second notice was depending on that. I think. I hope that next week I will get the notice.

I am writting about the waiver because I didn't know anybody with J1 visa and DV and at the beginning I lost time because I didn't know that I can't file for AOS untill the Department of State doesn't give me the waiver. Maybe somebody else is in my situationj or will be and will be able to find help from here just the way we did.

I am so glad that YOU ALL exist and that we help each other and just by sharing informations and thoughts it helps a lot.

afraid

hi afraid,
i think you're absolutely right about the procedure. in my opinion they couldn't sent you the second notice before I 612 had been approved. so that's a really good news you're one step foreward.
my guess is you should be receiving your second notice pretty soon.
good luck to you and everybody else on this forum
greg_dv2006

hi everybody,
does anyone know what's the extention number of 1-800 uscis line you have to choose to speak to the "real" person and find out the status of fingerprints checking proccess?
thanks,
greg_dv2006

greg_dv2006 said:
hi everybody,
does anyone know what's the extention number of 1-800 uscis line you have to choose to speak to the "real" person and find out the status of fingerprints checking proccess?
thanks,
greg_dv2006
Good question !!
I would like to know the answer to that one too.

afraid

I hope you are write about the waiver ( I 612 )
One more question: what is FP?

I received today the I 797C, Notice of Action : The Approval Notice for the I 612 and now I am waitting for FP and Biometrics.
Today march 3 I found out that my I 612 was approved on Febr 28th and that I will have to receive a notice
march 6, 2006 Approval notice for waiver J1 visa

afraid

afraid said:
I received today the I 797C, Notice of Action : The Approval Notice for the I 612 and now I am waitting for FP and Biometrics.

afraid

Great news afraid. :) Did you check your online status? Did it change?

I checked my status but nothing has changed. Did the biometrics appointment show up in your online status?

afraid

afraid
NO I'm still waiting for it and I'm beggining to get impatient. But maybe things are just slower a little bit. I hope everything will be fine

marvadur said:
No, mine is still the same.
Could you please check again your online status to see if they changed it or not?

Still no second notice. I am getting worried

afraid

afraid

how long since the first notice or in your case since the waiver was approved
I think you might reference your second notice after that
I have past 2 weeks since the first notice.

Good news!!
I got the second notice.

I need to have with me my passport , the notice and the driver's license and what else I need?

Please marvadur and those who went through this tell me what exactly they do and if there is something I and the others need to know.

afraid

March 6 I 767C, approval of I 612
March 13 , second notice ( biometrics and FP )
April 4 Biometrics and FP for I 485
april 5 Biometrics and FP for I 765