• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2006 and J1 visa

hi everybody

Still no third notice and I know that everybody is waiting for something, so hang on.

hope to here good news from you all , soon.
afraid

today I called USCIS but I got zip. They told me what I already knew meaning that in Detroit the processing for I485 is now on NOV 09 2005. I asked the USCIS REP about DV cases being processed faster and she said NOT. I'm in the fifth week and still no second notice. I have no patiece left and if it takes this longer for the interview .....

alincosma said:
today I called USCIS but I got zip. They told me what I already knew meaning that in Detroit the processing for I485 is now on NOV 09 2005. I asked the USCIS REP about DV cases being processed faster and she said NOT. I'm in the fifth week and still no second notice. I have no patiece left and if it takes this longer for the interview .....

DV process varies from local office to local office. In my case, filed on Oct, number current Nov and still waiting for interview letter. Local office told me that they will call me at the end of April. Some local office like OH, KY, IN does not process DV faster or consider DV as a special handling case. But they will complete the process by Sep which is the law for DV based AOS. I am not sure about Detroit. My advice is go to local office and talk to them.

Good Luck

Today I had my fingerprintings done. Still waiting for third notice.

afraid

febr 16 I -797C, notice of action for I -485 and I -131
March 6 I 767C, approval of I 612
March 13 , second notice ( biometrics and FP )
April 4 Biometrics and FP done

Today we had our interview. It was very smooth. The officer checked every piece of evidence for our education, joint bank statements, evidence for a house we bought together and approved my husband and my son. They got stamps in their passports good for 1 year and he siad the greencards will be mailed in couple of weeks. he said they can travel with the stamp.

Unfortunatly, my Name Check is not cleared yet. The officer said he will check on it every couple of days and call me when it is approved

I really hope this is getting closer to the happy end.

I want to thank everybody on this forum who was there helpful and supporting, and wish Good luck to everybody!

Hi Zaryun,

Congratulations! I'm so happy for your family :)
Hope your Name Check will be cleared soon.

Can you tell me, what documents they asked you to bring to the interview?
What did the officer asked you for? Did he checked the evidence of education of primary applicant, or perhaps both of you? Did you have an affidavid of support?
How long did the whole interview take?

My wife and I have an interview in two weeks

Thanks,
greg_dv2006

greg_dv

In the interview letter they asked for standart documents: birth sertificates, affidavit, documents proving that we are legal here.
At the interview, which lasted about 1 hour and was very easy going and friendly, he asked for our H1B and H4, passports, all the possible credentials, both mine and my husband's. And yes, letter of emploiment for both. he said we do not need to have all this, but since we have, he wants to add them to the file. he was very excited about our education and said "we need you guys here" :rolleyes:
He also asked for every piece of information showing we are really married - bank statements, house title, family pictures etc. We did not have those, so he said to fax them to him directly.
He was really nice, complained about endless bureocracy and told me not to worry about the Name Check (of course I am still worried).

That's it, good luck to you!

hi everybody,

Any news?
I am still waiting for the third notice and I was wondering if i would go to the local ofiice would they tell me if I already have a date for the interview or if they can schedule me any soon?
What do you think can I go there and ask about the 3 rd notice?

About this new immigration law do you think that it will slow in any wayn our processig period?

Hang on everybody !!!
Hope to here good news very soon from all of you

afraid

afraid said:
hi everybody,

Any news?
I am still waiting for the third notice and I was wondering if i would go to the local ofiice would they tell me if I already have a date for the interview or if they can schedule me any soon?

About this new immigration law do you think that it will slow in any wayn our processig period?

Hang on everybody !!!
Hope to here good news very soon from all of you

afraid

afraid:

I think you should go and ask them about 3rd notice. What is the new immigration law? Would you pls. explain it?

Good Luck

afraid said:

You can schedule an infopass to find out if your FBR background investigation and the Name Check are clear. This seems like a limiting step for the interview in most cases

No, the officer at the interview told me to contact him by the end of the month becouse I am planninmg to go abroad and my visa is expired. So I try to wait patiently. My 6-year-old got the letter from USCIS: Welcome to America, my husband did not yet.

I am waiting...

to zaryun

If I go to the local uscis office what should i ask them? If they got the FBR? What is FBR? I would like to know when is my interview date. Can I ask them that? Or just wait ? And call the FBI number and check?

afraid

I remember Borya went and found out that his Name Check was cleared at infopass. And I guess you can call FBI too. You can ask about the interview too, why not..

to zaryun

Hi thanks for your answer. I will try to make an appointment and go to local Uscis office and ask a few questions.
I had my FP just a week ago and I heared that it takes 8 weeks to clear name. Is it correct?
Anyway thank you for advice . i will make appointment and i will go to local USCIS to ask them about the third notice.

afraid

greg_dv2006 said:
Hi Zaryun,

Congratulations! I'm so happy for your family :)
Hope your Name Check will be cleared soon.

Can you tell me, what documents they asked you to bring to the interview?
What did the officer asked you for? Did he checked the evidence of education of primary applicant, or perhaps both of you? Did you have an affidavid of support?
How long did the whole interview take?

My wife and I have an interview in two weeks

Thanks,
greg_dv2006

Hi Greg_Dv2006:

I have some question about the front page of your interview letter:

1. How you letter’s front page looks like?
2. Is it computer printout or hand written photocopy?
3. How they writ you name, A number date etc. in the front page? ( I mean ,is it type or hand written). Mine is photo copy and hand written and it is totally different than 1st and 2nd letter.

Thanks