• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2006 and J1 visa

Still waiting for third notice. But when I called to check the status of my cases they told me that my I -131 (the application for travel documents ) was approved.

Is there anybody who applied for I131? And if you have this document can you leave the USA before getting a GC. Or it is more safe to wait for the GC and them travel?

afraid

febr 16 I -797C, notice of action for I -485 and I -131
March 6 I 767C, approval of I 612
March 13 , second notice ( biometrics and FP )
April 4 Biometrics and FP done

afraid said:
Still waiting for third notice. But when I called to check the status of my cases they told me that my I -131 (the application for travel documents ) was approved.

Is there anybody who applied for I131? And if you have this document can you leave the USA before getting a GC. Or it is more safe to wait for the GC and them travel?

afraid

Yes, with I131 you can travel before getting GC. It is safe.

to tak2

Thank you tak2 for your answer.

Today I also found out from the case status on internet that my I 765 -Application for Employment Authorization Document has been approved on April 21th.
They will send the approval notice in a few days.

I know there are others with I 765. What exaclty means this approval and what will they send. Could I go now and look for a job ?
I have a contract already based on J1 visa but can I go after I will get the Employment Authorization Document to find another job, even if I do not have the GC yet? :confused:
What did you do?

afraid

April 17 - approved I 131
April 21 - approval I 765

Last edited by a moderator:
afraid said:
Thank you tak2 for your answer.

Today I also found out from the case status on internet that my I 765 -Application for Employment Authorization Document has been approved on April 21th.
They will send the approval notice in a few days.

I know there are others with I 765. What exaclty means this approval and what will they send. Could I go now and look for a job ?
I have a contract already based on J1 visa but can I go after I will get the Employment Authorization Document to find another job, even if I do not have the GC yet? :confused:
What did you do?

Hi Afraid:

Your I-765 approved means you will receive EAD card with in 2 weeks. Yes, you can go to find another job with EAD. Actually GC is the combination of I765 and I131. The difference between them is GC is permanent and I765 and I131 are temporary (for one year).

Good Luck

HI

I did receive the travel docment and the employment document but no third notice. I am getting very worried.

afraid

afraid
I think you will get the third notice sooner that you expect considering that everything else is done. Good luck and don't despair

Dv2007-aos

Hello Everyone,

This forum is really helpful!!!I have gathered some very useful information.

My wife is a winner of DV 2007 from EU with rank below 700.We both work on H1B's and thinking of doing AOS.My wife is from Bosnia and I'm from Pakistan.Please share any thoughts as I'm afraid we may miss the boat if for some reason(Name Check delays for my nationality) AOS is not through until September 30th,2007.

Please someone again confirm if I have to send DS122 to KCC.

Thank you all!!!!

Jugnu786 said:
Hello Everyone,

This forum is really helpful!!!I have gathered some very useful information.

My wife is a winner of DV 2007 from EU with rank below 700.We both work on H1B's and thinking of doing AOS.My wife is from Bosnia and I'm from Pakistan.Please share any thoughts as I'm afraid we may miss the boat if for some reason(Name Check delays for my nationality) AOS is not through until September 30th,2007.

Please someone again confirm if I have to send DS122 to KCC.

Thank you all!!!!

Congratulations. If you look through some of my previous posts you will see that I was pondering whether to go for AOS or CP for the very reasons you mentioned. In the end, I decided to go for AOS, since there's no guaranty you won't experience any delays due to background checks if you go for CP. I know of people who waited more than 1 year abroad before being issued a visa... Imagine spending all that time abroad with no income... So, IF you think it is likely you will experience a lengthy background check due to false positives, I would suggest the AOS route. Besides, most who go through AOS seem to have their applications processed in time. And in the event that you are going to be subject to a lengthy background check, I'd rather be here when it happens, not abroad.

Others here have checked with KCC and it appears you have to send DSP-122 though I haven't called KCC myself. When I receive the forms for signature from my lawyer (through work) next week, I'll report what forms they were in the DV-2007 Tracker thread.

Dv2007-aos

Thanks Bahadur,I agree with you rather wait here than wait without pay!!!I guess we got to go for AOS as per our different nationalities.Also right now I have a valid I-94 but no visa stamped in the passport and if something goes wrong at US Consulate then I have to go back to my home country(most likely) for H1B.

Thank you,please keep us posted

I went to the local USCIS office today and they told me that they did not make an appointment date for the interview, and that I should wait, because they do not have my name check yet.

afraid

to alincomsa

I am glad you received the EAD card. :)
It was about time. I hope soon we will get the third notice , too.
You are from Romania, right? In what state are you?

I am getting very unpacient because of the interview notice. I want to get this over with.

Let me know if you get the 3rd notice.
Good luck and hope to hear from you soon.

afraid

Last edited by a moderator:
Michigan Detroit and yes from Ro-Zalau
I say if you don't get anything within 2 months from the FP appointment date, go back to them. Make an infopass but ask to speak to an immigration officer.

to alincomsa

I am losing my patience here. Do you have any notice?
Do you know a way how we could find out about the FP status?
( Except going to the local USCIS office and ask? )
Do you know why is taking so much to get this NAME CHECK?

afraid

Do you know if everyone has to have an interview for the DV? I didn't know about the interview possibility, so have made plans to go overseas from Aug 1 - 23rd. But also I have received no notice either, so here's hoping it comes soon, and not while we're away!