• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2006 and J1 visa

to marvadur
i was searching the internet and found this page:
http://www.immihelp.com/immigration/fingerprints.html
hope you will find it useful. scroll down to the bottom of the page and read the paragraph "fingerprint status check". there are 2 phones listed to fbi west virginia office. it looks like these are the numbers to call and find out your case status
best,
greg_dv2006

afraid said:
Still no second notice. Why? Marvadur: Did you check your online status on internet? Does it say something about biometrix appointment when and where? In case I do not get a letter how do I know where to go?

Please let me know if you find something.

P.S. When I came to US the FBI came and took my fingerprintings along with others from the program , so I am in there records. But maybe they don't know that.
If this is taking so much time will I be able to get the GC until the end of the fiscal year?

talk to you soon and thank you again for your help and for being here.

afraid

Afraid,

my online status did not change. It is still the same message, "On February 10, 2006, your fingerprint fee was accepted as complete, and processing of your case has resumed."

I think the best thing to do is go to your local USCIS. Ask about your case. Take all the documents and notices with you.

You still have a lot of time left - 7 months. I think that maybe your case is taking longer because you are doing AOS and your husband CP... I don't know that's why I think you should go to your local USCIS to clear your doubts.

GOOD LUCK to you and everybody else!!!

greg_dv2006 said:
to marvadur
i was searching the internet and found this page:
http://www.immihelp.com/immigration/fingerprints.html
hope you will find it useful. scroll down to the bottom of the page and read the paragraph "fingerprint status check". there are 2 phones listed to fbi west virginia office. it looks like these are the numbers to call and find out your case status
best,
greg_dv2006

Thank you very much Greg! I think this will be very useful in case the fingerprinting check takes too long.

Good luck to you :)

marvadur said:
Tak2, what is your region?

Do you know if there is a way of knowing about your FBI check? I read in old conversations in this forum that the only way to reach FBI is through your congressman...

My local office do not consider dv as special case. They put my file in the regular queue. They will call me for interview at the end april or may.

hi marvadur,

quick question: when did you have your fingerprints/biometrics taken?
according to what you wrote previously in your signature, you got an interview notice on march 2nd and biometrics on march 14th. so did you get your third notice before biometrics? i'm confused.
i'm glad for you anyway and good luck with the interview

greg_dv2006

by the way, are you from poland?

Last edited by a moderator:
marvadur said:
Hi everybody,

FYI, today we received our third notice with our AOS interview date.

Marvadur

you got it in one month and i am waiting for 5 months still no news!!!! G..O..D!! HELP ME !!

to marvadur

That is impressive, you haven't done your fingerprinting yet and already have an interview appointment.Good luck to you

tak2

is that what they told you at the infopass appintment?That they don't process it faster ?

Last edited by a moderator:
greg dv2006

when is your number current. You received the second notice very fast from your signature 4 days. That is fast.

hi alincosma,
my number became current in february. and you're right, 4 days was pretty fast.
hope the remaining part will go fast as well. good luck to you too :)
greg_dv2006

greg_dv2006 said:
hi marvadur,

quick question: when did you have your fingerprints/biometrics taken?
according to what you wrote previously in your signature, you got an interview notice on march 2nd and biometrics on march 14th. so did you get your third notice before biometrics? i'm confused.
i'm glad for you anyway and good luck with the interview

greg_dv2006

by the way, are you from poland?

Greg, I was as surprised as you when I saw today the notice for our interview in the mail because we did not even have our biometrics/fingerprints taken yet. We received the 2nd notice on February 21 with our Biometrics appointment scheduled to March 14 and today, March 2, we received our 3rd notice with our Interview scheduled to March 17. Go figure… I know it’s a little unusual but I’m very happy anyway :)

No, I’m not from Poland. Actually I’m from Brazil. My husband is from Germany. We’ve been living in the US since 1998. We already applied 3 times for a green card (We went through the disastrous dot.com bubble. Each time the company where my husband worked for shut down we had to restart the green card process all over again) and we never got it. Now, it seems that finally we will be able to get it! I hope all of you guys get it too.

Good luck and keep up the faith!

alincosma said:
That is impressive, you haven't done your fingerprinting yet and already have an interview appointment.Good luck to you

Thank you Alincosma! Good luck to you too! :)

FBI name check

This link contains useful information about FBI name checks.

http://www.fbi.gov/page2/nationalnamecheck.htm

Pay special attention to the last FAQ:

Who can I call to check on the status of my name check?

The FBI will only respond to status inquiries from its customer agencies. Please contact the organization receiving your original application. In Citizenship and Immigration cases, contact USCIS for the status.

Great news, marvadur!

Good luck at the interviu and keep us current with the steps and procedures.
I still did not get the second notice.

Have a nice weekend everybody and hope to hear good news from everybody.

afraid