• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2006 and J1 visa

To afraid

afraid said:
Ok

Thank you

afraid

Afraid,

What I think happened with your papers was that the immigration officer was not sure about your basis for eligibility since you hadn’t sent the “congratulations” letter together with your AOS application (this document shows you’re entitled to a green card based on the DV lottery). So, they have this kind of standardized letter where they list the possibilities under which you could base your eligibility. So, that’s why they suggested you sent the Form I-130 (it would be the case if you had somebody sponsoring you, like a green card holder or a citizen).

Marvadur

Last edited by a moderator:
afraid said:
Hi everybody

I went to the local USCIS office today and they told me that everything was fine with my forms and documents and that they overlooked something and just send the documents back .
That is what I did . Now I am waiting again.
I hope this time I am going to get a good notice.

Talk to you soon. And thank you for your support and for " your being here"

hope to here good news from everybody.
afraid

Afraid,

I wish you good luck with your application this time.

Did you ask about the basis for eligibility? Was it right to mark "h" and write "I'm a DV 2006 winner, etc, etc"?

Did you send the "congrats" letter this time?

We sent our application on Feb. 4th. Now, what is the next step? Does anybody know? How long does it take to have an answer from them? Are they going to send the application to our local USCIS?

Thank you,

Marvadur

Thank you

To marvadur:

Thank you very much,
Your detailed list was really helpful!

We are going to send out the application too, even though our number is suppose to be current in April/May...

Good luck to you!!

zaryun said:
To marvadur:

Thank you very much,
Your detailed list was really helpful!

We are going to send out the application too, even though our number is suppose to be current in April/May...

Good luck to you!!

Good luck to you too and to everybody else in this forum :)

Well, in around 10 we should receive a notice "first notice" with rhe receipt number in the left corner of the notice.

This time I have sent the "congratulation letter" too, but last time I had the letter from the KKC in which they were telling me that I have to aply for AOS and tha bar code with the case number. The lady from the local USCIS office sad that they overlooked that paper and that is why they sad invalid .... for the H) other ... check box.

I really hope that this time everything is going to be just fine.
I am sure that if everything goes fine we will have to have an answer in 10 - 14 days.
And then "second notice" like Borya wrote and Biometrix and so on.

Keep in touch and give me good news.
Thanks for being here.

Good luck and talk to you soon.

afraid

response for the travel document

I received the I 797C, Notice of Action with Notice Type : Receipt Notice for the I 131 - Aplication for Travel Document.

Hope to get more notice this week. And I hope good notice.
The next notice shoul be for Employment and for the I 485 , no?
Because i really hope so.

talk to you soon.

afraid

First Notice

Hi Afraid and all,

today, Feb. 13th, we received our first NOA - notice of action, I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Each member of our family received a notice.

In this notice they say "The next step is to have your biometrics taken, if required, at a USCIS Application Support Center (ASC). USCIS will schedule your biometrics appointment. You will be receiving an appointment notice with a specific time, date, and place where you will have your fingerprints and/or photos taken. Please bring this letter and your photo identification to your appointment."

Good luck to all :cool:
Marvadur

Thank you for your information. If you filed on 02/04/06 then I still have 3 days to wait ( I hope not more )

afraid

My dear friends

Finally I received the First Notice. I am so happy. I want to thank all of yoy for your support.

:)

---------------------------
02/07/2006 AOS sent to Chicago
02/16/06 First I-797C, NOA received

afraid said:
My dear friends

Finally I received the First Notice. I am so happy. I want to thank all of yoy for your support.

:)

---------------------------
02/07/2006 AOS sent to Chicago
02/16/06 First I-797C, NOA received

Great! :)

Please let me know if you get the second notice or the biometrix appointment .
What is the second notice anyway?
And did you sent the I 765 for employment?

I will write as soon as I receive something new.

afraid

afraid said:
Please let me know if you get the second notice or the biometrix appointment .
What is the second notice anyway?
And did you sent the I 765 for employment?

I will write as soon as I receive something new.

afraid

As soon as I get any news from USCIS I'll let you and everybody else know about it.

Marvadur

marvadur

Conratulations!
I am two weeks behind you and it is really encouraging that it goes on a schedule for you.
Where is your local USCIS located?

Yuna

zaryun said:
marvadur

Conratulations!
I am two weeks behind you and it is really encouraging that it goes on a schedule for you.
Where is your local USCIS located?

Yuna

In San Jose, CA.

Zaryun, please post your progress so others can benefit from the information.

Marvadur

Thank you for your notice. I hope to get the second notice in the a couple of days, too.

Keep in touch.

Hi guys

I am very concerned because I did not get the second notice and I don't know what to do , who to call. What should I do?
I am very worried.
Can you suggest something.

afraid

hi afraid,
there's nothing to worry about. it usually takes from 1 to 4 weeks to get the second notice. just be patient. everything's going to be alright. :)

greg_dv2006

afraid said:
Hi guys

I am very concerned because I did not get the second notice and I don't know what to do , who to call. What should I do?
I am very worried.
Can you suggest something.

afraid

Afraid,

I would wait a little longer and if after, say, 2 weeks nothing happens, I would go to my local USCIS and ask.