• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2006 and J1 visa

Those who made adjustment of status and before that the waiver you have sent the DS 3035 to the Dep of State or the I 612 to the USCIS?

LuckyMO Please answer my question ASAP. I am still with all the parers in my hand and I don't know which one to complete
I Called a lawyer and asked 200$ for a consultation on the phone. Just please tell me which form did you fill out.

Please please help me again. I am very close now but still not close enough.
Thank you

WHAT DO YOU THINK :
i REALLY NEED A LAWYER TO BE SURE THAT I WILL HAVE THE GC OR I CAN DO THIS BY MYSELF?

I have sent all documents for the waiver. Now all I need to do is wait for the result.

Though , I want to be ready with all documents for the adjustment of status.
I have the following documents:
- I -485
- G -325A
- I 693 -medical exam
Affidavit of support
-I 765 employment authorization
-I 131 to be able to travel
- pictures
I think I need the I 130 to register my husband, write?

And what else?
I need to complete these form and be ready.
Is there something else that I need and I don't know?

Is there a problem if my case number is 45xx and I did not apply for AOS, yet?
And the medical exam? Can I start to do it know?
Will it be available next year?

Thank you very much for your help.
afraid

yes, you can start early. You should.

don't spend your money on advance parole (form I-131). You will not have time to use it. The same probably goes for work permit. By the time you may get your waiver (a couple of months), then you send your AOS docs, then it takes about 2-3 months to get EAD - you may have your AOS interview by then...

I am not sure about filing I-130 for DV lottery, since my parents did CP with a form DS-230.

You also need proof of your high school education.

Thank you LucyMo for your quick answer.

What is EAD?
I will ask about the DS 230 form . Maybe my husband needs that.

Another thing:
I checked the Visa Bulletin and my number is available in December but I don't have the waiver and I did not apply for AoS .
Could that be a problem?
So when will I have the interviu?
Do I have a chance to get the GC next year untill the end of FY?

Talk to you soon

Last edited by a moderator:
hI

I have the "NO OBJECTION LETTER" from my countries embassy , but all my documents from the DOS came back because I did not sent the DS 3035 form.
I completed this form on the internet and they gave me a case number but I did not completed another one.
I hope it is not a problem I will complete the form and with the case number i WILL SEND IT AGAIN.
i HOPE i WILL GIVE YOU A GOOD NEWS next time when I write you.
So now I will complete the form and send it with the case number I have .
I hope I am doing the write thing.

Take care
afraid

I am from Romania, too. I change from AOS to CP and I have the interview in Montreal in January 30. The only problem is I have to do the medicals again, I did them first here in US when I wanted to go for Adjustment Of Status, but after I changed my mind and asked them to change me for Consular Processing I received the second letter with the list with the approved doctors, only in Canada (I wanted to change for Montreal and no Bucharest because I lived before in Canada).
I hav an appointment to the USCIS and the lady wasn't able to give me any information just a phone number (which I could take it fron the official internet page). Then I understood how well they are prepared for the DV situations. Next I phone there, they said I can send the papers at the first of October, my lawyer told me 90 days before my cut number (hard to predict 90 days before, no?). I found the forums about DV and I read some bad histories which people who lost the visa because the process was to slow. I send the email to KCC and asked them to change me to CP and if everything will be OK in 30 Jan I will have the visa.

ok. So if I have chosen the adjustment of status when will they interviu me? After I apply for AOS? Can I began doing my medical exams, and all the forms I need to complet I can take to the local USCIS or I have to send them separatly to each location from the instructions?
Those who did AOS please clear me a little. A

And another important question.
My case number is 45xx and I don't know my date of interviu. Is that a problem. If I am in the state I can chose CP?
I am again in the dark here. I am confused again.
Am I doing the write thing?
Thank for writting me.
Please answer my questions if you can

afraid

of course, they will only interview you AFTER you apply for AOS. USCIS doesn't have a reason to interview you otherwise. After you get a waiver, and your number becomes current, you will send all your AOS docs in. Then you sit and wait for an interview date (letter).

You can choose CP, but you still have to get the waiver before you can go in for the interview!

Hi

Thank you for following my case.

How can I do CP if I am in the USA?
afraid

I am waiting for the waiver result.Is there something I can do during this time?
Like the medical exams or something. I am getting nervous again and afraid again. I really hope everything will turn out good, but there is still a long way, and I fear that I am too late.
What to do with the affidavit of support?
If there is somebody who could help me should that person complete the form or I can do that with there information?
But they need to sign too.

So the affidavit of support needs to be filled by who?
Please help me on this matter because I might have to send this form to somebody who can help.

Thank you again for your help
afraid

waiver

Hi

the good news is that they did not sent me back the documents that could mean that everything is ok so far.
I checked the status but there is nothing on the internet, but its not late yet.

I m waiting.

I want to thank everyones help in my case and I wish you good luck and
A HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR full of success.

afraid

Dear Afraid,
I would prefer to write in Romanian, will be easier for me.
I don't know about waiver, I am not in the same situation. But everyone tells you to wait for that. You can prepare all the needed papers in case you want AOS. Don't be in hurry with the medicals. Because they cost you and you can do that when you are sure if you want AOS , you have to look in the internet for the list of the doctors in your area and choose one.
In case you want CP you have to ask KCC for that change by e-mail or by phone. Probably you will go in Bucharest for that (I asked for Montreal and not Bucharest because before USA I lived in Canada, and KCC asked me to fax them the proof I lived there, even I put in all the papers I sent them that I am Canadian and I have a valid Canadian passport). I did the mistake and I have all medicals ready made here in USA before I changed my mind, and when I got the second letter with the interview date, I got the list of the recognized doctors, only in Canada. I had to pay again for the medicals, 1100 Canadian dollars (we are 4 people), they took only the vaccines proof, but again bloode and x-rays (in USA if the skin test is OK you don't have to do x-ray).
I saw your number is 4xxx this means you could have the interview in December, if your papers were OK. So you are eligible any time from now to apply for AOS. There are two possibilities, depend what you put in the first set of papers you got at the first letter.
What did you choose there: CP or local USCIS (AOS)?
If you've chosen AOS, just wait for waiver and with all other forms ready, make the medicals in USA, just send them as soon as you are ready and hope everything will be fine for you. If you have chosed AOS and you want CP now, you have to tell KCC when you got the waiver, and ask them to change you for CP in Bucharest. You will need in this case police reports from Romania and other places (if it is your case), but not from USA. You will do the medicals in Bucharest at one of the three centers, this can be done in one day, just before your interview, for this you can read more one the other forum, where you will find more Romanians with all the interview stories.
I don't know your story and why you said your husband to go for CP in Romania, I think you have to go togheter in the same time, is just one interview for the winner and all the other people that follow the winning person in USA.
In which part of USA are you, we can talk if you want, I can phone you, just give me a private message.

I asked AOS at the local USCIS office.
My case number is 4xxx and I don't know

WHERE TO FILE ?

GO TO LOCAL USCIS OFFICE OR SEND THE FORMS TO CHICAGO ?

PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

afraid

HI EVERYBODY!

I finally sent the documents for AOS to Chicago with the label "DV LOTTERY 2006" and i really hope I have sent everything well.

I - 485
G - 325
AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT
I - 693
I - 131
I - 765
LETTER FROM KKC birth certificat
copy of passport
photographs
checks
and copies after I 94 and other doc like waiver+ no objection letter

MAYBE i HAVE SENT THEM MORE THEN I SHOULD HAVE, BUT I HOPE I HAVE SENT EVERYTHING THEY ASKED.

I WANT TO THANK YOU "GUYS" FOR YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT.
I COULD NOT DO THIS WITHOUT YOU, AND IT IS NOT OVER YET.

I DID NOT SENT THE FEE FOR THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE BECAUSE I READ THAT AFTER THE USCIS TAKES THE CASE YOU NEED TO SEND THE FEE!!
AM I WRIGHT?????????????????????????????????
OR I SHOULD SEND THE FEE ASAP???????????????????????????????/

WHAT NEXT?
I THINK I HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE BIOMETRIX AND THE INTERVIEW.
AND I AM STILL WORRIED BECAUSE MY NUMBER IS 4XXX AND THEY HAVE REACHED MY NUMBER A FEW WEEKS AGO.

SO, I HOPE EVERYTHING GOES WELL.

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP AND TALK TO YOU SOON.
AND GOOD LUCK FOR EVERYBODY.

afraid

1. you can bring fee reciept on interview, do not worry about it.
2. next: USCIS will send you so cold first notice, where they will say you that documents were delivered. later they should send you invitation on biometrix and finally on interview. look at my history in signature, so you can imagine the time range.... the only thing: since my number was not curret in the time i sent documents. i waited "a lot " invitation on interview, in your case it should be fater, i hope ...

I hope you are right.
So far everything is write. Write?

I am still not sure about my husbands processing procedure. He is in Romania so he will do consular processing but I am not sure how and when.
I think that when I go to the interviu I need to let them know about him being in Romania.

Do you know somebody in this situation?

So, lets make a review:
1st I should get a FIRST NOTICE
2ND BIOMETRIX ( fingerprinting )
3rd NAME CHECK
4 TH INTERVIEW

DO YOU KNOW WHAT IS AFTER THAT?
AND SHOULD I KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT THE INTERVIUW?

THANK YOU FOR FOLLOWING MY CASE
afraid

after that you shoud get green card via mail. unfortunatly, i do not know answers on your other questions. interview: i am going to have interview on 1 feb, i will make comments about that event after that ....