• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV winners, please read this first ! General Info

Dear Catseyes,
i would really appreciate it if you could help me with advice on how to go about about the successful process of the DV 2009 lottery.i got to know about this website some days after i submited our forms.this is the issue;my Wife actually won the DV2009 lottery while she was single[so the name on the winner's notification is that of her median name]we got married early this year[2008]...i would like to know if it was right filling out the DS 230 AND DSP 122 on my surname[since she is now married to me]?i included our marriage certificate in the returned forms.
i would also like to know if we can make any corrections on the already submitted DSP 122 form[there was actually an omission].u can also send a reply to my email layraymore@yahoo.com.thanks

This is such a great find!

I just got the news that I've been selected. I am currently in the us with an H-3 visa valid until June 30th 2008 and my training site has applied for an H1-B petition. My case number is EU00006***

I haven't had time to read all the posts but I wonder what I should do, an AOS or CP?? Furthermore, how will my application interfere with the H1B application???

Thank you for all your answers

According to the two lawyers we talked to, H1B has Dual intent - Immigrate and non-immigrate. You don't even need to inform your H1B lawyer while you are in the DV process. Basically it doesn't affect your H1B petition at all. May be you should also confirm with someone in the H1B section in this forum.

Thank you for such an usefull post. Had like 20 questions before reading it, now I have just two:

1. Does the fact that I overstayed my UK viza for more than 3 years affect my chances to get GC?

2. Will US embassy in UK let me to go to interview once I have no rights to stay in UK?

Please help!!!

My wife is a selectee of DV Lottery 2009. We've already filled the forms except one. In DSP-122 form there is one item (particularly item#2) asking us to write RANK ORDER NUMBER (Case number on envelope). What should we write there? Should we write there case number EU060XXX? or something else?

please help

Thanks in advanced,

David

By the way, I have been told that since I was not born in Italy, and rather am Italian citizen because of my great grandparents who emigrated, I am not eligible? Is this accurate???

Where were you born?
Where is you spouse born?
Where are your parents born?
Where are your spouse's parents born?
What country did you name on the electronic form as the country under which you participate in the lottery?

i was born in brazil and so were my parents and grandparents. my great-grandparents are italian and we all are italian citizens in the family, with passport and everything.

i am single, not married.

if i am not eligible in the first place...have there been cases in which somebody like me just went on with the application and got the green card eventually??

country of citizenship is irrelevant for the lottery (and this is clearly stated in the instructions)

Is your case number really 60XXX (sixty-thousend)?

I am wondering how can the number generated such a big number?
In this forum, I saw people have EU60000 ~AF56000 ~AS 28000.

If there are only 100,000 selected in the world,
how come 60,000+56,000+28000?? 144,000+????

Will it happen the same number in different region?
Such as, would it happen AS11111 and AF 11111 and EU11111
at the same time?

Please advise
JI

I am wondering how can the number generated such a big number?
In this forum, I saw people have EU60000 ~AF56000 ~AS 28000.

If there are only 100,000 selected in the world,
how come 60,000+56,000+28000?? 144,000+????

Will it happen the same number in different region?
Such as, would it happen AS11111 and AF 11111 and EU11111
at the same time?

Please advise
JI

I just wrote a false number, not real. Do not pay any attention at this number!