• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV winners, please read this first ! General Info

Hi everyone.

I am the dv lottery winner for 2010 and my attorney told me that i only need to file my files in chicago for AOS. I did not send any forms to kentucky i just sent all the package to chicago because my number is current in visabulletin.... Now that im reading in this forum i am really confused. Will i be denied for not sending forms to kentucky ? pleaseeee help me!

Hi everyone.

I am the dv lottery winner for 2010 and my attorney told me that i only need to file my files in chicago for AOS. I did not send any forms to kentucky i just sent all the package to chicago because my number is current in visabulletin.... Now that im reading in this forum i am really confused. Will i be denied for not sending forms to kentucky ? pleaseeee help me!

I don't know, but the chances are high. The letter clearly is stating you have to sent the barcode + other paper to KCC to inform you want to go further in the process....if I understand that clearly you never send them so KCC might have flagged your number as not active to go further and no info will be at Chicago since Chicago get's to know if people paid for AOS or CP and KCC has verified if your form is eligible or if there is anything that might disqualify.

If I were you I would start all over and sent papers to KCC a.s.a.p. and call them and go from there....you skipped the most important beginning of the process and by not doing as requested clearly on the papers, might cause you not to get the GC....KCC will not care at all, since 100.000 people might have gotten a case number and they will easily skip you and move to the next.

Btw Did you pay $ 375.- + $1010.-? You probably will get your whole package returned within the next weeks....

Btw Did you pay $ 375.- + $1010.-? You probably will get your whole package returned within the next weeks....

yes i have paid $1010 for the adjusment of status. My lawyer did not said anything about sending the docs in kentucky she told me that she sent the paper to immigration and then they send the docs to chicago.........im soooooo confused!

yes i have paid $1010 for the adjusment of status. My lawyer did not said anything about sending the docs in kentucky she told me that she sent the paper to immigration and then they send the docs to chicago.........im soooooo confused!

Also all the documents are okay theres nothing wrong on them, i have just filed for the AOS but don't know if Kentucky matters that much because on the papers it is said that if you want to adjust the status in US please don't send anything to Kentucky.

Also all the documents are okay theres nothing wrong on them, i have just filed for the AOS but don't know if Kentucky matters that much because on the papers it is said that if you want to adjust the status in US please don't send anything to Kentucky.

When it come down to final USCIS i-485 assessment, your file will be incomplte without the DV file sent to USCIS from KCC. Your KCC file is incomplete without the DS122 and payment of $375, that is how the vicious cycle works!!

You are not late or anything. Do not get so alarmed or confused. Just follow the instructions sent to you by KCC and send them the DS122 now, and $375 to the address indicated in your DV winner NL package.

and....so much for the money spent for a lawyer ha?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys
I have a one question if any body answer I will be appreciated . 1. What is included 1st letter NL ? Shall I have to fill these two form DS-122 and other supplemnetery form and send back to KCC ? Can you expalin one by one what I have to do when I received big envelope of NC Ist Letter . what I need to include replying this ? Shall I have to include 1 photograph and spouse photograph and fill the form and sing and send . Suppose there is birth certificate , police clearance certificate .marriage certificate all these when needed ? Is all these need after receiveng 2nd Letter ?????? Shall I have to write case number all pages corner and back of the pic ?

Regards
Mohammed Rahman

Hi DV Applicants

Receiving first letter we have only fill the form and send back thats all . But all necessary document when needed Is it needed after receiving 2nd letter ? I have no passport yet , no passport my wife and 6 years daughter ? Shall I have to process passport now or after receiving 2nd letter????????????????????????????/

Hi Guys
I have a one question if any body answer I will be appreciated . 1. What is included 1st letter NL ? Shall I have to fill these two form DS-122 and other supplemnetery form and send back to KCC ? Can you expalin one by one what I have to do when I received big envelope of NC Ist Letter . what I need to include replying this ? Shall I have to include 1 photograph and spouse photograph and fill the form and sing and send . Suppose there is birth certificate , police clearance certificate .marriage certificate all these when needed ? Is all these need after receiveng 2nd Letter ?????? Shall I have to write case number all pages corner and back of the pic ?

Regards
Mohammed Rahman

Are you a 2010 dv winner?

What country are you from? You don't have to get a passport now since no one can know if they win until the winning NL falls on their doormat....maybe you win in 5 or 10 years and if you are lucky to win this year than get your self a passport and start saving if you didn't do that already since you have to pay for 3 people....

Thanks guys for creating this very informative thread. I didn't know that it was hidden some where in this forum. It should be made STICKY for people like us so that we will not repeat the same question and thread again and again.

Thanks a lot! Cheers....

In Egypt, doing military service is mandatory for all Male.
Someone didn't go to do military service because he was abroad, and by Egyptian military law this is considered as a military offence, and after he has been 30 years old he had to go to martial court and he was ruled to pay amount of money as a penalty.
After that they gave him a military certificate and it was written in this certificate that this person didn't do his military service(failed to recruit) and has treated in a martial court by case no...... and he is not asked to do military service any more.
Does this military certificate affect DV interview.
will this be considered as an offence(criminal record)?
Or criminal records refer to only civil crimes?
Why do they ask about military service?