• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2025 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

please help on this ? thank you
Not sure what kind of help you're seeking regarding those questions considering the sample pre-filled I-485 already shows the correct answers to those questions. On top of which @Xmb also directly responded just a couple of posts above.

Reactions: Xmb
3. If you’re getting a sponsor to provide your with an I-134, it is really the sponsor’s income and assets that matters at that point. I don’t see the relevance of this dance around your personal assets in your home country. If you want to use your personal assets, don’t bother with the I-134. I already explained the different instances of when an I-134 can be used. So at this point, I think you should just use your best judgment on what to include or not include on the I-134.
4. Wouldn’t hurt to include if you have them.
3. Thank you. Not trying to make a dance around it, just attempting to figure out what the better option is right now.

On an earlier post, you wrote that only US based assets are to be considered to prove not becoming a public charge, recent replies kind of contradict that, could you shed some light on this?

Hello everyone,

I'm finalizing my I-485 form but I have a few questions I want to make sure I got them right.

1- Part-1, Q27 that is about my current immigration status. I'm on F1 and wife is on F2 but I applied for TPS and is still pending. In the form, I put F1. Should I also write something like 'F1 and pending TPS'?

2- The question "Are you applying for adjustment based on the immigration and nationality Act (INA) section 245i?" I followed the sample and put No. Is that correct?

3- I obtained A number and USCIS online account number after applying for my TPS. They were automatically generated with the receipt. I believe I must put them in the form, but how do I show USCIS that they were obtained from my TPS application and not from using other benefits? this takes us back to my first question. Do you recommend printing the page that shows the current status of my TPS from my USCIS account or the receipts, and including it in the package as well?

4- Regarding "Information about your immigrant category" Q3 to Q9, I just answered everything with N/A as in the sample. Is that correct?

5- I don't know what they mean by "What is the size of your household" I put 3. I counted myself, wife, and son. Should the answer also be 3 in my wife's form?

6- My son is a US citizen, is there anything to include in my package for him, like a birth certificate?

7- I don't see anything regarding the Biometrics fee in the spreadsheet. How much is it? or is it no longer required?

My last question I swear ...

8- I'm not going to submit I-134. I don't have anyone to sponsor me inside the US. My family wires me some money every month that I live off. I also made some savings from my engineering internship this summer. I will include my latest 3 months bank of statement. I'm in my last semester doing a master's degree in mechanical engineering and currently applying for jobs extensively. I will apply for my OPT within a few days too. Is all of that convincing enough that I won't be a public charge? or can my father be my sponsor who is outside the US?

Sorry for the long questions but I am doing all I can to best frontload my application and waive the interview.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Hi!
Firstly, Thank you everyone for the super helpful information!!

I would just love to clarify something for myself please :)
The October Visa Bulletin says 500 for Oceania. My DV number is under 500. So does that mean it's ok to send in my AOS package from October 1st 2024?

also, best of luck everybody!

Thank you so much!
RegionAll DV Chargeability Areas Except
Those Listed Separately
AFRICA15,000Except: Algeria 6,500
Egypt 8,250
Morocco 8,250
ASIA3,000Except: Iran 2,950
Nepal 2,950
EUROPE6,000Except: Russia 5,950
Uzbekistan 4,900
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 2
OCEANIA500
SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN

Hello everyone,

I'm finalizing my I-485 form but I have a few questions I want to make sure I got them right.

1- Part-1, Q27 that is about my current immigration status. I'm on F1 and wife is on F2 but I applied for TPS and is still pending. In the form, I put F1. Should I also write something like 'F1 and pending TPS'?

2- The question "Are you applying for adjustment based on the immigration and nationality Act (INA) section 245i?" I followed the sample and put No. Is that correct?

3- I obtained A number and USCIS online account number after applying for my TPS. They were automatically generated with the receipt. I believe I must put them in the form, but how do I show USCIS that they were obtained from my TPS application and not from using other benefits? this takes us back to my first question. Do you recommend printing the page that shows the current status of my TPS from my USCIS account or the receipts, and including it in the package as well?

4- Regarding "Information about your immigrant category" Q3 to Q9, I just answered everything with N/A as in the sample. Is that correct?

5- I don't know what they mean by "What is the size of your household" I put 3. I counted myself, wife, and son. Should the answer also be 3 in my wife's form?

6- My son is a US citizen, is there anything to include in my package for him, like a birth certificate?

7- I don't see anything regarding the Biometrics fee in the spreadsheet. How much is it? or is it no longer required?

My last question I swear ...

8- I'm not going to submit I-134. I don't have anyone to sponsor me inside the US. My family wires me some money every month that I live off. I also made some savings from my engineering internship this summer. I will include my latest 3 months bank of statement. I'm in my last semester doing a master's degree in mechanical engineering and currently applying for jobs extensively. I will apply for my OPT within a few days too. Is all of that convincing enough that I won't be a public charge? or can my father be my sponsor who is outside the US?

Sorry for the long questions but I am doing all I can to best frontload my application and waive the interview.

Thank you in advance.
1. You can only have one valid status at a time.
2. The information on the sample I-485 is correct.
3. USCIS is already aware of where and how the A# was generated, you do not need to "show" them how it was obtained.
4. The information on the sample I-485 is correct.
5. Yes.
6. Birth Certificate.
7. Included in the filing fee.
8. See the AOS Process Spreadsheet for guidance on demonstrating financial sufficiency.

Hi!
Firstly, Thank you everyone for the super helpful information!!

I would just love to clarify something for myself please :)
The October Visa Bulletin says 500 for Oceania. My DV number is under 500. So does that mean it's ok to send in my AOS package from October 1st 2024?

also, best of luck everybody!

Thank you so much!
RegionAll DV Chargeability Areas Except
Those Listed Separately
AFRICA15,000Except: Algeria 6,500
Egypt 8,250
Morocco 8,250
ASIA3,000Except: Iran 2,950
Nepal 2,950
EUROPE6,000Except: Russia 5,950
Uzbekistan 4,900
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS)2
OCEANIA500
SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN
Yes.

Hi! I have couple of questions, if you don't mind.

1) My number is around EU...23000, so I have still a long time to wait, probably around May/June. My question is, let's say in April 2025, they will publish May 2025 bulletin and in May 2025 bulletin, June 2025 is given and it shows EU23000. Does that mean, I can send my documents in April 2025, when May is released and June is shown in May's bulletin?

2) My wife won the DV, and I will benefit from her. We have two babies, they're US citizens. When we pay any fee, how are we going to exclude babies? I mean, should we write any memo and attach it the folder in order to show them that we don't need to pay any fee for the babies?

3) Does June, maybe July too late? I am currently in the US as F1 student, and it'll be AOS, and some people say it's good to work with a lawyer, but these spreadsheets are very clear, and I don't think that I need to work with a lawyer if I follow everything in the spreadsheets. Still, is it wise to work with one if my number is too high? Does it help?

4) For some documents like marriage certificate, high school diploma (even if i'm phd student now), military service documentation, all these are in my native language. I need to get official translation for each, but I cannot go back to my country now, but I may ask someone to make them translated for me, and send by mail. I can also find some people in the US, working as official translators, and they may do it too. Do you think that it does actually matter from where to translate the documents?

5) Do you think EU23000s is too high and has low chance to become current, or even it becomes, the process may not completed until the end of September 25? That's a great chance we have, and we're so excited but also we're afraid of missing this chance.

Thanks!