• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2025 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Include whatever you deem enough to demonstrate self sufficiency and to convince the IO you’re not likely to become a public charge.
Thank you.

USCIS released a new version of the I-485.

"Starting Oct. 28, 2024, we will accept only the 08/28/24 edition. Until then, you can also use the 04/01/24 edition."

1. By October 28, do they mean the postmark date?

2. When filing the I-485, it asks for if a SSN should be issued. Assuming a SSN with "only valid with DHS authorization" print already has been issued for F-1 employment, would this trigger receiving an unrestricted regular SSN?

3. Also, what is this about? I-485 Part 2-2 "Are you applying for adjustment based on the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) section 245(i)?"

Last edited:
Thank you.

USCIS released a new version of the I-485.

"Starting Oct. 28, 2024, we will accept only the 08/28/24 edition. Until then, you can also use the 04/01/24 edition."

1. By October 28, do they mean the postmark date?

2. When filing the I-485, it asks for if a SSN should be issued. Assuming a SSN with "only valid with DHS authorization" print already has been issued for F-1 employment, would this trigger receiving an unrestricted regular SSN?

3. Also, what is this about? I-485 Part 2-2 "Are you applying for adjustment based on the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) section 245(i)?"
1. Date received.
2. No. The same SSN card with the DHS authorization with restrictions will get sent.
3. INA 245(i) allow certain otherwise ineligible noncitizens a pathway to become lawful permanent residents provided they meet specific requirements. For instance, an applicant who has ever violated the terms of his or her nonimmigrant status; or who entered the US without inspection or parole, may be able to overcome the their ineligibility to file for AOS by filing under INA 245(i).

1. Date received.
2. No. The same SSN card with the DHS authorization with restrictions will get sent.
3. INA 245(i) allow certain otherwise ineligible noncitizens a pathway to become lawful permanent residents provided they meet specific requirements. For instance, an applicant who has ever violated the terms of his or her nonimmigrant status; or who entered the US without inspection or parole, may be able to overcome the their ineligibility to file for AOS by filing under INA 245(i).
Thank you. I appreciate your help so much. I am currently assembling the package for printing and this would not have been possible without your help or the information in this forum.

1. The sample document has N/A written in many fields, is it ok to alternatively just leave the fields empty?

Thank you. I appreciate your help so much. I am currently assembling the package for printing and this would not have been possible without your help or the information in this forum.

1. The sample document has N/A written in many fields, is it ok to alternatively just leave the fields empty?
The sample I-485 has been provided as an acceptable way of filling out the form.

Reactions: Xmb
Thank you.

Also, regarding the financial documents - we got married in May, so we will include payslips and bank statements from after that date for both of us for each filing. Do we include documents for both before we got married, like tax transcripts, W2s?
As per the AOS spreadsheet - you could include bank statements, payslips for 3-6 months, so you probably don't have to go beyond May. However, it recommends w2s from 1-3 years so it makes sense to include older w2s as well since you'll only have 1 otherwise (or None depending on when you get current).

Hello all.
Me and my wife both don't have proper documentation of vaccination since our country doesn't maintain/provide those well. We did receive most of the vaccines but don't have proof. When we go to the doctor's office, and they do the tests, they find the antibodies for most of those things.
My question is - how do we approach the medical exam? Are they going to vaccinate us all over again for all the diseases? Are they testing antibodies again and whatever's missing - they'll vaccinate for those? Can we take reports from recent antibody tests that they did for us as proof of vaccination?
Wanted to get a head start on this even though we won't be current for another few months for sure (AS4XXX). I imagine this might vary depending on the doctor and their processes, etc. But any info would be insightful.

As per the AOS spreadsheet - you could include bank statements, payslips for 3-6 months, so you probably don't have to go beyond May. However, it recommends w2s from 1-3 years so it makes sense to include older w2s as well since you'll only have 1 otherwise (or None depending on when you get current).
Thank you - my intend was to ask if documents are relevant of the time before we legally became one household.

1. This makes no sense. I don’t understand the scenario you’re trying to paint here.
2. Anything can happen. That is why being adequately prepared is recommended.
3. If using an I-134, it is recommended for it to be provided by a LPR or a USC.
Regarding the I-134, it turns out my planned sponsor will renounce his USC'ship by the time I will submit my AOS package in early 2025. Can I still use him as a sponsor or should I find a new sponsor? (I see the word "recommended" in the answer above). (I bet this question has never been asked on this forum thread!! o_O)

Hello all.
Me and my wife both don't have proper documentation of vaccination since our country doesn't maintain/provide those well. We did receive most of the vaccines but don't have proof. When we go to the doctor's office, and they do the tests, they find the antibodies for most of those things.
My question is - how do we approach the medical exam? Are they going to vaccinate us all over again for all the diseases? Are they testing antibodies again and whatever's missing - they'll vaccinate for those? Can we take reports from recent antibody tests that they did for us as proof of vaccination?
Wanted to get a head start on this even though we won't be current for another few months for sure (AS4XXX). I imagine this might vary depending on the doctor and their processes, etc. But any info would be insightful.
Do take a look at the Medical Exam tab of the AOS Process Spreadsheet.

Regarding the I-134, it turns out my planned sponsor will renounce his USC'ship by the time I will submit my AOS package in early 2025. Can I still use him as a sponsor or should I find a new sponsor? (I see the word "recommended" in the answer above). (I bet this question has never been asked on this forum thread!! o_O)
That makes him ineligible to be a sponsor. The word “recommended” is used in the quoted response with a caveat.

1. In the sample cover letter for AOS package the filing fee and Biometrics fees were indicated separately. I only know about the filing fee of 1440$ for AOS. At what point does the biometric fees come in and should I state them separately in my cover letter.
2.The current visa bulletin indicates that DV2025 priority date for case number AF7XXX is October 1st, 2024, with the cutoff number for Africa set at 15,000.
3. Finally, the right Lockbox for DV applicants to file if you live in Jersey is Chicago, Illinois.

Thanks - that's what I thought. The world is a
That makes him ineligible to be a sponsor. The word “recommended” is used in the quoted response with a caveat
Thanks. That's what I figured. It's ironic how the world works—I'm desperately trying to get U.S. citizenship, and he's desperately trying to renounce it. :rolleyes:

Thanks - that's what I thought. The world is a

Thanks. That's what I figured. It's ironic how the world works—I'm desperately trying to get U.S. citizenship, and he's desperately trying to renounce it. :rolleyes:
I’m curious what his eligibility to remain in the US is if he renounces his citizenship? (If he’s not resident there he wouldn’t work as a sponsor anyway)

1. In the sample cover letter for AOS package the filing fee and Biometrics fees were indicated separately. I only know about the filing fee of 1440$ for AOS. At what point does the biometric fees come in and should I state them separately in my cover letter.
2.The current visa bulletin indicates that DV2025 priority date for case number AF7XXX is October 1st, 2024, with the cutoff number for Africa set at 15,000.
3. Finally, the right Lockbox for DV applicants to file if you live in Jersey is Chicago, Illinois.
1. The sample cover letter was created when the bio fees used to be separate from the AOS fee. The current $1440 fee now includes the bio fee.
2. What is the question here?
3. What is the question here?

1. The sample cover letter was created when the bio fees used to be separate from the AOS fee. The current $1440 fee now includes the bio fee.
2. What is the question here?
3. What is the question here?
For Question 2 and 3 I want to know if I have the right information

2. Yes, the AF region cutoff number for October, is 15,000. With the exception of Algeria, Egypt, and Morocco whose cutoff numbers are: 6,500, and 8,250 respectively.
3. Yes, New Jersey falls under the Chicago Lockbox.

UPDATE: Sample Cover Letter
The sample cover letter linked to the AOS Process Spreadsheet has been updated to add reference to the USCIS Manual section that references early filing. The previously relied upon reference to the 2013 Early Filing memo has been removed from the cover letter as that memo has been superseded. Reference to bio fee has also been removed.

Therefore for those utilizing the early filing option who previously downloaded the sample cover letter, and are yet to mail in their AOS package, be sure to replace what you previously downloaded/copied with the updated version.

Shoutout to @Samapps whose question regarding the bio fee prompted the review of the cover letter.

I’m curious what his eligibility to remain in the US is if he renounces his citizenship? (If he’s not resident there he wouldn’t work as a sponsor anyway)
Let me explore this a bit further, assuming he does NOT renounce USC.

He is a USC working as a temporary expat for a US company in Asia. He maintains a residence in the US, US bank accounts, US address, maintains Texas drivers license, etc. He always files US federal taxes. He spends 300 days in that Asian country per year. So he is a "tax resident" of that Asian country with worldwide income taxed by the US. With this fact pattern, can he be my I-135 sponsor?