• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2025 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

hey everyone , i received the 330$ dv payment fee receipt email , will they send me a paper recepit one ?
1. Did you include a SASE with your DV payment?
2. Did you email KCC to request they email you a copy of your payment receipt?

1. Did you include a SASE with your DV payment?
2. Did you email KCC to request they email you a copy of your payment receipt?
i did include the SASE, but Im not sure if I ever requested this, I received the email from KCC, it’s a scanned pdf of my SASE stamped with paid

i did include the SASE, but Im not sure if I ever requested this, I received the email from KCC, it’s a scanned pdf of my SASE stamped with paid
Nope, you did not receive a scanned PDF of your SASE stamped with paid. What you received was a scanned copy of your payment form stamped with paid. SASE stands for Self Addressed Stamped Envelope. So I can conclude from your response that you did not include a SASE with your payment, which is why KCC emailed the copy of the payment receipt to you.

Nope, you did not receive a scanned PDF of your SASE stamped with paid. What you received was a scanned copy of your payment form stamped with paid. SASE stands for Self Addressed Stamped Envelope. So I can conclude from your response that you did not include a SASE with your payment, which is why KCC emailed the copy of the payment receipt to you.
Ahh I understand now, thanks for helping me understand this. Does this payment receipt work for the aos package in the future or do I need to contact KCC again ?

Let me explore this a bit further, assuming he does NOT renounce USC.

He is a USC working as a temporary expat for a US company in Asia. He maintains a residence in the US, US bank accounts, US address, maintains Texas drivers license, etc. He always files US federal taxes. He spends 300 days in that Asian country per year. So he is a "tax resident" of that Asian country with worldwide income taxed by the US. With this fact pattern, can he be my I-135 sponsor?
My understanding is he needs to be based in the US and earning income in the US.

Hi mom, I have a question:

I work independently in my technical profession, but for about 6 months I have been working on a project for a company. I don't have a defined contract with them, they just pay me weekly.

Do you think it would be a good idea to put them in the work history on Form I-485 and attach the checks they have paid me with?

Would it be a good idea to ask them to give me a certificate that says I have worked with them during these months?

Or should I just indicate in that section that I work independently and attach my bank statements?
1725322536352.png

Hi mom, I have a question:

I work independently in my technical profession, but for about 6 months I have been working on a project for a company. I don't have a defined contract with them, they just pay me weekly.

Do you think it would be a good idea to put them in the work history on Form I-485 and attach the checks they have paid me with?

Would it be a good idea to ask them to give me a certificate that says I have worked with them during these months?

Or should I just indicate in that section that I work independently and attach my bank statements?
View attachment 5072
There’s no requirement to demonstrate or provide proof of having worked for any employer listed on the I-485. Just use your discretion on how to list this employment.

There’s no requirement to demonstrate or provide proof of having worked for any employer listed on the I-485. Just use your discretion on how to list this employment.
Thank you for your help

If I want to indicate myself as a 'self-employed worker', how can I indicate this on Form I-485?

Thank you for your help

If I want to indicate myself as a 'self-employed worker', how can I indicate this on Form I-485?
I don’t know the details of what you do. I don’t know the visa basis you’re using to work independently. I don’t know if you have a registered business which you’re using for your self-employment. I don’t know if the work is a violation of your current status. There’s a lot I don’t have an insight into here. So I can’t tell you how to indicate yourself as a self-employed worker on the I-485. This is something you’ll need to figure out on your own.

I have a work permit through humanitarian parole, I work in furniture installation, I do not have any registered company but I work on construction projects with contractors who pay me for my services, when a project ends I look for another and continue working.
I don’t know the details of what you do. I don’t know the visa basis you’re using to work independently. I don’t know if you have a registered business which you’re using for your self-employment. I don’t know if the work is a violation of your current status. There’s a lot I don’t have an insight into here. So I can’t tell you how to indicate yourself as a self-employed worker on the I-485. This is something you’ll need to figure out on your own.

My understanding is he needs to be based in the US and earning income in the US.
When researching this topic, I couldn't find any specific regulation, instruction, or policy that requires a U.S. citizen sponsor to be a tax resident of the U.S. when USCIS evaluates Form I-134 as part of the overall AOS process. It seems that the focus is more on demonstrating financial capability and commitment, regardless of where the sponsor resides. This might be something USCIS considers as part of the totality of the evidence, including how "easily" the sponsor meets the financial requirements.

Given that Form I-134 is rarely used in the U.S. immigration system, and DV AOS cases at USCIS are even rarer, I’m wondering if the officer would even notice my sponsor's expat status (similar to cross-chargeability). My uninformed opinion is that USCIS's primary concern is whether the sponsor has the financial means to support me and is committed to doing so. This can be shown through U.S. tax returns, which always have a U.S. address, W-2s and pay stubs issued by a U.S. employer with a U.S. address, dividend income from U.S. banks/brokerages, and the fact that the sponsor’s wife (in a joint tax return) lives and works in the U.S., etc. In short, it's not immediately obvious from the tax filings that he's temporarily located outside the U.S.

1. Am I missing any specific regulation, instruction, or policy that requires the U.S. citizen sponsor to have tax residency in the U.S.?

2. Am I taking a big risk or a relatively minor one by using this sponsor?

3. Should I ask my sponsor to write an affidavit (in addition to I-134 and supporting evidence) reinforcing his commitment and affirming that he will return to the U.S. by December 2025, or should I just let sleeping dogs lie?

When researching this topic, I couldn't find any specific regulation, instruction, or policy that requires a U.S. citizen sponsor to be a tax resident of the U.S. when USCIS evaluates Form I-134 as part of the overall AOS process. It seems that the focus is more on demonstrating financial capability and commitment, regardless of where the sponsor resides. This might be something USCIS considers as part of the totality of the evidence, including how "easily" the sponsor meets the financial requirements.

Given that Form I-134 is rarely used in the U.S. immigration system, and DV AOS cases at USCIS are even rarer, I’m wondering if the officer would even notice my sponsor's expat status (similar to cross-chargeability). My uninformed opinion is that USCIS's primary concern is whether the sponsor has the financial means to support me and is committed to doing so. This can be shown through U.S. tax returns, which always have a U.S. address, W-2s and pay stubs issued by a U.S. employer with a U.S. address, dividend income from U.S. banks/brokerages, and the fact that the sponsor’s wife (in a joint tax return) lives and works in the U.S., etc. In short, it's not immediately obvious from the tax filings that he's temporarily located outside the U.S.

1. Am I missing any specific regulation, instruction, or policy that requires the U.S. citizen sponsor to have tax residency in the U.S.?

2. Am I taking a big risk or a relatively minor one by using this sponsor?

3. Should I ask my sponsor to write an affidavit (in addition to I-134 and supporting evidence) reinforcing his commitment and affirming that he will return to the U.S. by December 2025, or should I just let sleeping dogs lie?
The requirement to be resident in the US is explicit for i864 sponsors, and given this is an immigration sponsor I’d think they would go towards that, just like the 125% of PGL is used even though that technically is not explicit for i134 either.

You’ll have to use your own discretion about what to ask the sponsor to do.

We got our medical examinations done and the civil surgeon only enclosed the forms I-693 inside the sealed envelopes.
Is there a need to include a copy of the vaccination records along with the sealed envelopes?

We got our medical examinations done and the civil surgeon only enclosed the forms I-693 inside the sealed envelopes.
Is there a need to include a copy of the vaccination records along with the sealed envelopes?
The CS did what is required.

The requirement to be resident in the US is explicit for i864 sponsors, and given this is an immigration sponsor I’d think they would go towards that, just like the 125% of PGL is used even though that technically is not explicit for i134 either.

You’ll have to use your own discretion about what to ask the sponsor to do.
Thanks. Yes, of course I'll use my discretion but I was hoping for some informed opinions (or some pros/cons to consider) on questions 2 and 3 based on years of experience of senior forum members.

Thanks. Yes, of course I'll use my discretion but I was hoping for some informed opinions (or some pros/cons to consider) on questions 2 and 3 based on years of experience of senior forum members.
It’s never come up that I can recall that a proposed USC sponsor was living and earning income outside of the US. You already have my opinion that that is not appropriate as a sponsor but you don’t like it hence your “they won’t know from the tax returns” response …

Background: I am trying to get my DV AOS package + documents ready for next month as I have a low CN.
Question: If I am to attach the AOS fee money order of $1440 in my package and it gets denied is this fee non-refundable? Is it possible to pay the fee after sending the AOS package?

Background: I am trying to get my DV AOS package + documents ready for next month as I have a low CN.
Question: If I am to attach the AOS fee money order of $1440 in my package and it gets denied is this fee non-refundable? Is it possible to pay the fee after sending the AOS package?
If the package gets rejected, it gets sent back with the payment - the package does not get processed in that case.
If the AOS application gets denied, the payment is non-refundable as the application would have been processed at that point.

Sending the package without payment will be ensure your package get rejected and sent back.

Hi everybody,

regarding the vaccines, the influenza vaccine is listed as for flu season only.
I have my medical in september, so not in the flu season.
I will submit the application in october, so in the flu season.

Do i need that vaccine?