• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2025 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

The I-131 can be filed to request an AP (Advanced Parole) based on a pending I-485 - this is to ensure your AOS application is not deemed as abandoned should you depart from the US while the application is still pending. Or as a re-entry permit based on being a LPR - this is to ensure one is not deemed to have abandoned their LPR status following a prolonged absence from the US. You cannot file an I-131 for a re-entry permit on the basis of a pending I-485.
Oh, I see, so in that case, if I am getting it right, since I am not planning to leave the US until my case is resolved, and/if the gc is approved, and I am not planning to be outside the US for more than a year, I don't need to file i-131 with my AOS package? Thanks

Oh, I see, so in that case, if I am getting it right, since I am not planning to leave the US until my case is resolved, and/if the gc is approved, and I am not planning to be outside the US for more than a year, I don't need to file i-131 with my AOS package? Thanks
Again, filing an I-131 for AP is different from filing an I-131 for Re-Entry - the basis for filing is different. Bottom line, if you're not planning on traveling outside the US while your AOS application is pending, you do not need to file an I-131 with your AOS package. It is as simple as that. Whether or not you plan on being outside the US for more than 1 year after getting your GC is a different ball game, it has nothing to do with the conversation about what should or could be included with the the AOS package.

Again, filing an I-131 for AP is different from filing an I-131 for Re-Entry - the basis for filing is different. Bottom line, if you're not planning on traveling outside the US while your AOS application is pending, you do not need to file an I-131 with your AOS package. It is as simple as that. Whether or not you plan on being outside the US for more than 1 year after getting your GC is a different ball game, it has nothing to do with the conversation about what should or could be included with the the AOS package.
I get it now, thank you so much!

Hi mom.

i have submitted my DV fee on 08 august. I received a receipt on 19th august. But i have not received any 2NL yet. I didn’t fill DS260

I wanted to know.

1. Does the 2NL comes through mail or E-mail.
2. If it comes through email, how would KCC know my email, since i did not fill any DS260

I checked the FAQ section iam aware it shouldn’t be stressed about but im just anxious.

Hi mom.

i have submitted my DV fee on 08 august. I received a receipt on 19th august. But i have not received any 2NL yet. I didn’t fill DS260

I wanted to know.

1. Does the 2NL comes through mail or E-mail.
2. If it comes through email, how would KCC know my email, since i did not fill any DS260

I checked the FAQ section iam aware it shouldn’t be stressed about but im just anxious.
1. Email.
2. You provided KCC with your email address on your entry form.

If you’re anxious about receiving the 2NL, even though you’re already aware you shouldn’t be stressed about it, maybe you should consider submitting the DS260 form in that case.

Hello everyone, I have a question

1. Does my birth certificate need to be apostilled?

2. My birth certificate is in Spanish, does the translation into the English language have to be certified and signed?

In a similar situation here. My income should be enough to satisfy the public charge requirements. Is there a need to file I-134 in this kind of scenario?
If I were you, I would still file I-134. It is better to be adequately prepared than leave it at the hands of the ISO.

Hello everyone, I have a question

1. Does my birth certificate need to be apostilled?

2. My birth certificate is in Spanish, does the translation into the English language have to be certified and signed?
1. If that is the general practice by the issuing authority in your country, then the answer is 'YES'.
2. The translation should include a signed certified statement by the translator attesting to their fluency in both Spanish and English.

Hey mom. Is this a 2NL or some type of standard response from KCC? I got this today after i wrote KCC about the missing acknowledgement of fee payment.
IMG_1497.jpeg

RECENT UPDATE:

A USCIS newly released Alert has clarified the ambiguity surrounding eligibility to file for AOS during the 60 day grace period for F/M students status holder. While this is good news for DV selectees who may find themselves this type of situation (trying to file for AOS during the 60 day grace period), maintaining a valid on-going status during the AOS process is highly recommended, as this enables one to have a fall back status in case the AOS process is not successfully completed before the end of the FY:

During the 60-day grace period following an authorized period of post-completion of OPT, students may change their education level, transfer to another SEVP-certified school, or file an application or petition with USCIS to change to another nonimmigrant or immigrant status.

Hi Simon, I have a question. Please, if they were to deny me the change of status, what steps should I follow? Could I do it consularly from my country?

Hi Simon, I have a question. Please, if they were to deny me the change of status, what steps should I follow? Could I do it consularly from my country?
If the AOS gets denied, that would be the end of the DV selection.

You can use them as is.
Thank you.

Also, regarding the financial documents - we got married in May, so we will include payslips and bank statements from after that date for both of us for each filing. Do we include documents for both before we got married, like tax transcripts, W2s?

Thank you.

Also, regarding the financial documents - we got married in May, so we will include payslips and bank statements from after that date for both of us for each filing. Do we include documents for both before we got married, like tax transcripts, W2s?
Include whatever you deem enough to demonstrate self sufficiency and to convince the IO you’re not likely to become a public charge.