• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2025 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi everybody,

regarding the vaccines, the influenza vaccine is listed as for flu season only.
I have my medical in september, so not in the flu season.
I will submit the application in october, so in the flu season.

Do i need that vaccine?
I think Medical Exam section of the AOS process spreadsheet is quite clear on this as it says “Required only if medical exam is done during Flu season (Oct. 1 - Mar. 31st)”

Reactions: Xmb
Hello everyone

luckily, my number is becoming current in October (wish me luck). I'm wrapping things up now. I won't send anything until after October 1st, but I'm just preparing and see what am I still missing.

I'm in Michigan, and according to USCIS, I should send the package to USCIS Elgin Lockbox. There are two addresses on the website. Does it mean that I should use the first address if I'm sending my package through USPS? Also, what is the address that I should put in the money order?

I'm nervous and overthinking everything. Sorry for the stupid questions, but I want to be 100% confident when sending everything.

USCIS Elgin Lockbox
U.S. Postal Service (USPS):

USCIS
Attn: AOS
P.O. Box 4109
Carol Stream, IL 60197-4109
FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:
USCIS
Attn: AOS (Box 4109)
2500 Westfield Drive
Elgin, IL 60124-7836

Hello everyone

luckily, my number is becoming current in October (wish me luck). I'm wrapping things up now. I won't send anything until after October 1st, but I'm just preparing and see what am I still missing.

I'm in Michigan, and according to USCIS, I should send the package to USCIS Elgin Lockbox. There are two addresses on the website. Does it mean that I should use the first address if I'm sending my package through USPS? Also, what is the address that I should put in the money order?

I'm nervous and overthinking everything. Sorry for the stupid questions, but I want to be 100% confident when sending everything.

USCIS Elgin Lockbox
U.S. Postal Service (USPS):

USCIS
Attn: AOS
P.O. Box 4109
Carol Stream, IL 60197-4109
FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:
USCIS
Attn: AOS (Box 4109)
2500 Westfield Drive
Elgin, IL 60124-7836
1. Good luck!

2. Correct, use first one for USPS, its a PO box. You must exclusively send USPS to that one. FedEx/UPS might be a consideration if youre willing to spend extra on speed/reliability, and then you would send it to the second address, which is the lockbox office directly.

3. You would address it to "U.S. Department of Homeland Security", address unsure. Maybe someone else knows.

1. Good luck!

2. Correct, use first one for USPS, its a PO box. You must exclusively send USPS to that one. FedEx/UPS might be a consideration if youre willing to spend extra on speed/reliability, and then you would send it to the second address, which is the lockbox office directly.

3. You would address it to "U.S. Department of Homeland Security", address unsure. Maybe someone else knows.
Thank you

I didn't know the second one was their direct lockbox! I would definitely use it. Thank you for mentioning this.

for the money order, if it is going to, say the second address, then it should logically be addressed the same, but I don't know. Can someone chime in?

Thank you

I didn't know the second one was their direct lockbox! I would definitely use it. Thank you for mentioning this.

for the money order, if it is going to, say the second address, then it should logically be addressed the same, but I don't know. Can someone chime in?
According to what I found online, you use the direct filing address on the money order.

So you would put USCIS in the first line, followed by the address.

Is that correct, can somebody confirm?

Thank you

You can list the Lockbox address on the money order. It doesn’t matter whether it is the USPS delivery address or the courier delivery address.

Hi, I recently requested KCC to unlock my unprocessed DS260 for an update. But considering my case number 2025AF30k and the performance of the Ghana embassy, I want to come back to USA on my B1/B2 visa to apply for AOS. If I do not resubmit my DS260 before coming to the USA, will I still be considered as having an immigration intent at the entry point?

Hi, I recently requested KCC to unlock my unprocessed DS260 for an update. But considering my case number 2025AF30k and the performance of the Ghana embassy, I want to come back to USA on my B1/B2 visa to apply for AOS. If I do not resubmit my DS260 before coming to the USA, will I still be considered as having an immigration intent at the entry point?
Yes.

hi Mom. Do we need to write our CN in the I-485 form where they ask Receipt number of Underlying petition?

hi Mom. Do we need to write our CN in the I-485 form where they ask Receipt number of Underlying petition?
No. It's not applicable for DV AOS. The spreadsheet linked in the first post of this thread contains an example pre-filled I-485 (AOS Package / C3). Take a look at it.

According to the instructions for completing Form I-134, should my sponsor submit a separate form for my derivative spouse, along with the same supporting documents, or is one form sufficient for myself and my spouse? Am confused a little and need clarification to this.sn.PNG

According to the instructions for completing Form I-134, should my sponsor submit a separate form for my derivative spouse, along with the same supporting documents, or is one form sufficient for myself and my spouse? Am confused a little and need clarification to this.View attachment 5077
Just one. What covers you, covers your derivatives.

The correct answer is YES regardless of if you’re working or not. All DV based AOSers are subject to INA212(a)(4).

p.s. be sure to go through the AOS Process spreadsheet, especially the FAQ section.
Hello. I see that all DV-based AOS applicants are subject to INA212(a)(4)...i.e., answer YES to the public charge question. But I'd like to get advice on the follow-up questions on the 485. I'm only 17 years old on F1 visa and no one else in my family in U.S. Of course, I'm part of my mom's household as a minor. There are a series of questions that ask about the "household" -- how many people in the household, household income, household assets, etc.
1) Am I part of my mom's "household" for these questions?
2) Or the questions are about me personally (so I will answer, size of my household = 1 (just me), etc.)?

Just a bit confused here...thank you.

Hello. I see that all DV-based AOS applicants are subject to INA212(a)(4)...i.e., answer YES to the public charge question. But I'd like to get advice on the follow-up questions on the 485. I'm only 17 years old on F1 visa and no one else in my family in U.S. Of course, I'm part of my mom's household as a minor. There are a series of questions that ask about the "household" -- how many people in the household, household income, household assets, etc.
1) Am I part of my mom's "household" for these questions?
2) Or the questions are about me personally (so I will answer, size of my household = 1 (just me), etc.)?

Just a bit confused here...thank you.
For US immigration/tax purposes, your household membership size is 1.

Hello,

1. Is it an issue if a 1040 instead of 1040NR has been filed in 2022? The total income that year was less than $100, literally one day was worked.

2. Should a 1040-X be filed asap to correct the mistake?

3. Is it an option to simply not include the 2022 tax transcript as technically, due to the small amount, a return was not mandatory?

Last edited:
Hi Mom, based on your experience, would you recommend that I refill Form I-485 using the latest edition dated 08/28/24, or should I stick with the 04/01/24 edition, considering my priority date becomes current in October? Is the form's acceptance based on the edition in use at the time of initial submission or throughout the entire process? What would you advise is the best?

Hello,

1. Is it an issue if a 1040 instead of 1040NR has been filed in 2022? The total income that year was less than $100, literally one day was worked.

2. Should a 1040-X be filed asap to correct the mistake?

3. Is it an option to simply not include the 2022 tax transcript as technically, due to the small amount, a return was not mandatory?
Form 1040NR is a variation of Form 1040, which taxpayers use to file their Annual Tax Return. This variation is for individuals who are not American citizens and who do not pass the Substantial Presence Test. If you feel there's an issue with your previously filed tax return, you can file a tax amendment to address it, or can choose to ignore it.

Reactions: Xmb
Hi Mom, based on your experience, would you recommend that I refill Form I-485 using the latest edition dated 08/28/24, or should I stick with the 04/01/24 edition, considering my priority date becomes current in October? Is the form's acceptance based on the edition in use at the time of initial submission or throughout the entire process? What would you advise is the best?
Have you already mailed in your AOS package? If you're yet to do so, err on the side of caution and use the updated I-485 with the new edition.