• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2025 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

1. It shouldn't.
2. It wouldn't be a bad idea to do so now, to ensure you have a fall back status in case your AOS application gets rejected or denied.
Hi mom. Quick question that I'm sure was asked here many times before, so I apologize I wasn't able find the answer:

I know that DS-260 form submitted for AOS doesn't even gets processed. But does content of it matter? There are certain questions on it, such as question about vaccination records (which we don't yet have and have it scheduled for later), that I will have to answer no to and give an explanation. My wife is also stressing over social media questions as she has large number of ones she actively, regularly uses. I'm curious if we even need to worry about all of this if it's not being processed.

Hi mom. Quick question that I'm sure was asked here many times before, so I apologize I wasn't able find the answer:

I know that DS-260 form submitted for AOS doesn't even gets processed. But does content of it matter? There are certain questions on it, such as question about vaccination records (which we don't yet have and have it scheduled for later), that I will have to answer no to and give an explanation. My wife is also stressing over social media questions as she has large number of ones she actively, regularly uses. I'm curious if we even need to worry about all of this if it's not being processed.
Don’t worry about it.

1. Have you previously submitted a Form I-134 for someone other than the beneficiary listed on this Form I-134?
The sponsor has previously submitted a Form I-864 for their mother and is now helping with this Form I-134. Since these two forms are for different purposes regarding financial support, I guess the answer is "No"? confused with the fact that it accounts to total household number for the sponsor.

2. If my current income as an F1 is $0, my spouse's income as F2 is also $0, and we have no assets, but the sponsor's income is more than sufficient, does this have any implications for the beneficiary I-134?

3. For a derivative spouse, if we have secondary evidence of birth, such as an immunization record from birth, and a self-sworn affidavit with the assistance of the embassy and a commissioner of oaths, are these two documents sufficient?

3. For a derivative spouse, if we have secondary evidence of birth, such as an immunization record from birth, and a self-sworn affidavit with the assistance of the embassy and a commissioner of oaths, are these two documents sufficient?
what country? Probably not but can check on the DoS reciprocity tables.

1. Have you previously submitted a Form I-134 for someone other than the beneficiary listed on this Form I-134?
The sponsor has previously submitted a Form I-864 for their mother and is now helping with this Form I-134. Since these two forms are for different purposes regarding financial support, I guess the answer is "No"? confused with the fact that it accounts to total household number for the sponsor.

2. If my current income as an F1 is $0, my spouse's income as F2 is also $0, and we have no assets, but the sponsor's income is more than sufficient, does this have any implications for the beneficiary I-134?

1. The correct answer should be NO. However if the person sponsored with the I-864 is already in the US, they will need to be counted and included in the sponsor’s household membership number.
2. You are filing an I-134 to demonstrate you’re not likely to become a public charge either because you do not have enough or no income of your own to demonstrate that. So I don’t know what this question is about.
3. Only if the reciprocity page indicates such a secondary evidence of birth is acceptable in place of an actual birth certificate from your spouse’s country of birth

greetings all ,

For I-134 supporting evidences , when certificate of citizenship is not available, should passport be used as evidence of citizenship of the sponsor ? once mom kind of said no and am confused

greetings all ,

For I-134 supporting evidences , when certificate of citizenship is not available, should passport be used as evidence of citizenship of the sponsor ? once mom kind of said no and am confused
Passport is always acceptable proof of US citizenship.

USCIS says use 8.5x11 size paper. Understood. At the same time, I haven't read in any immigration forum that they will reject A4 size paper submissions. Is this the same experience of forum members here?

greetings all ,

When and where did I kind of say no to using passport in place of citizenship certificate as proof of citizenship?

When and where did I kind of say no to using passport in place of citizenship certificate as proof of citizenship?
  • On comment number #387 you said “
  • Driver’s license serves the same purpose as the passport, either of those two document is just a form of ID.”
And I guess I my bad English understood this as certificate of citizenship is a must .

Apologies

Thank you for your guidance, i also wanted to ask about my COVID shot, i was vaccinated in 2022 (2 Doses) my CS did not ask me to get any booster, however she kept a copy of my old covid vaccination record. What is your opinion mom?

We are also preparing medical examination during this week.
Our CS check our Covid vaccination records and instruct me to get booster shoot since mine is already over 1 year. But my husband is not required to take since his vaccination was within 1 year. CS said Covid vaccine must be within 1 year.
Just share my experience.

USCIS says use 8.5x11 size paper. Understood. At the same time, I haven't read in any immigration forum that they will reject A4 size paper submissions. Is this the same experience of forum members here?
Why would you take the chance, especially when you‘re in the US and you can get letter size paper everywhere?

Why would you take the chance, especially when you‘re in the US and you can get letter size paper everywhere?
Hi Susie, it's because some of my documents are signed off using A4 paper....e.g., an affivdavit, certified translated documents. I was planning to submit these with the "wet" signature. Maybe scan them and print a good color copy for the submission package using letter size paper?

Hi Susie, it's because some of my documents are signed off using A4 paper....e.g., an affivdavit, certified translated documents. I was planning to submit these with the "wet" signature. Maybe scan them and print a good color copy for the submission package using letter size paper?
You shouldn’t be submitting any originals of these documents with your AOS package. You won’t get them back, and in the rare event the package gets lost you won’t have anything to make copies from to submit again.

If we are not submitting DS-260, is paying the administrative fee ($330 per person) our first step? Number of people adjusting their status is going to be different than number of people who were applying for DV lottery initially. I'm worried that suddenly receiving different amount might confuse them. Would it?

If we are not submitting DS-260, is paying the administrative fee ($330 per person) our first step? Number of people adjusting their status is going to be different than number of people who were applying for DV lottery initially. I'm worried that suddenly receiving different amount might confuse them. Would it?
You put a number of people you're paying for on the receipt. Why would it confuse them?

what country? Probably not but can check on the DoS reciprocity tables.

1. The correct answer should be NO. However if the person sponsored with the I-864 is already in the US, they will need to be counted and included in the sponsor’s household membership number.
2. You are filing an I-134 to demonstrate you’re not likely to become a public charge either because you do not have enough or no income of your own to demonstrate that. So I don’t know what this question is about.
3. Only if the reciprocity page indicates such a secondary evidence of birth is acceptable in place of an actual birth certificate from your spouse’s country of birth
Thank you for the responses.
4. My next question is I am applying for OPT while also submitting my AOS application in October. Based on prior experiences, what additional considerations should I be aware of, aside from maintaining my legal status?

Thank you for the responses.
4. My next question is I am applying for OPT while also submitting my AOS application in October. Based on prior experiences, what additional considerations should I be aware of, aside from maintaining my legal status?
Applying for OPT prior to AOS package submission, when possible, is recommended. Continue to maintain a valid status throughout the process.