• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2025 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi @Sm1smom ,
My sponsor has sponsored 3 other couples (2 of them were in 2022 and 2021, and another couple - so long ago). But all of them are now very much financially stable. Sponsors annual income exceeds $100000. He has 2 sons depending on him. Since he has to disclose all this information in I-134 (sons as dependents and the info about previously submitted I-134s) - Does he qualify to sponsor me? I had to ask this here and get your support to have clarity in this matter to proceed. Please let me know your opinion on this. Thank you.

Hi @Sm1smom ,
My sponsor has sponsored 3 other couples (2 of them were in 2022 and 2021, and another couple - so long ago). But all of them are now very much financially stable. Sponsors annual income exceeds $100000. He has 2 sons depending on him. Since he has to disclose all this information in I-134 (sons as dependents and the info about previously submitted I-134s) - Does he qualify to sponsor me? I had to ask this here and get your support to have clarity in this matter to proceed. Please let me know your opinion on this. Thank you.
You'll need to add up your sponsor's immediate household number (himself + his 2 children {and spouse, if currently married), plus the total number of people in household of the person sponsored in 2021, plus the total number of people in household of the person sponsored in 2022, plus the total number of people in your own household (if you have derivatives of your own) in order to figure out if your sponsors income meets the applicable poverty guideline to be your sponsor or not. Take a look at the below link to determine if your sponsor meets the 125% applicable poverty guideline threshold after adding up the numbers of all the members of the households involved:

Hello everyone. I read your forum carefully since May. Finally I created account and decided to ask.
My husband won DV. Our number looks like currently in October.
I lost information where and how should we send cashier checks. Can you push me?

Hi mom.
I have completed my medical examination, my case number will be current in 2-3 months (hopefully) , for my medical exam i received my first dose of hep B, im due for my next dose a month after my first dose. Should i wait until i get my second dose and get my signed and sealed envelope or i can just update my first dose on i-693 get it sealed and signed and keep it with me?

Hello everyone. I read your forum carefully since May. Finally I created account and decided to ask.
My husband won DV. Our number looks like currently in October.
I lost information where and how should we send cashier checks. Can you push me?
For which payment? The AOS Administrative Fee payment, or the AOS filing fee?

p.s. do make sure you go through the AOS Process Spreadsheet.

Hi mom.
I have completed my medical examination, my case number will be current in 2-3 months (hopefully) , for my medical exam i received my first dose of hep B, im due for my next dose a month after my first dose. Should i wait until i get my second dose and get my signed and sealed envelope or i can just update my first dose on i-693 get it sealed and signed and keep it with me?
I recommend you have that conversation with your CS please.

Hi mom.
We were in the same situation. Our CS only needed to see the first vaccination in the series.

Dear @Sm1smom ,
I had mentioned the exact city (Lets say A) I was born on my DS-260 but my passport has the closest and the popular city name (Lets say B) as my place of birth. ( A is a specific town inside the large city B) what should I proceed to use in my other forms ( I- 485, I-134 etc) The CS used the passport place of birth (City B) when they filled the I- 693.

Please clarify. Thank you very much

Yes, I did. I want to find information about $330 payment.
The link to instructions for where and how to make the payment is on the spreadsheet though. Anyways, here’s the mailing address:

U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000

Dear @Sm1smom ,
I had mentioned the exact city (Lets say A) I was born on my DS-260 but my passport has the closest and the popular city name (Lets say B) as my place of birth. ( A is a specific town inside the large city B) what should I proceed to use in my other forms ( I- 485, I-134 etc) The CS used the passport place of birth (City B) when they filled the I- 693.

Please clarify. Thank you very much
You can use B on the other forms also, not a problem.

The link to instructions for where and how to make the payment is on the spreadsheet though. Anyways, here’s the mailing address:

U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000
‍♀thank you so much, I found my printed paper that I prepared.
My family is 4 people. Do I have to send 4 checks in one envelope with one envelope for reply or send 4 different envelopes?

‍♀thank you so much, I found my printed paper that I prepared.
My family is 4 people. Do I have to send 4 checks in one envelope with one envelope for reply or send 4 different envelopes?
One envelope with payment covering the 4 people.

Dear AOSer,

Please kindly advise what should be the correct answer since I am a bit confused.
We were not left or remained outside of US to avoid or evade training but we were not inside the remained inside US too.
Can we just answer No or answer Yes with our Country Name in 86.b?

Page No. 16 Part. 8 General Eligibility and Inadmissibility Grounds section:

86.a Have you EVER left or remained outside the United States to avoid or evade training or service in the U.S. armed forces in time of war or a period declared by the President to be a national emergency? Yes / No
86.b If your answer to Item Number 86.a. is “Yes,” what was your nationality or immigration status immediately before you left (for example, U.S. citizen or national, lawful permanent resident, nonimmigrant, parolee, present without admission or parole, or any other status)?

Many Thanks
May

Last edited:
Dear AOSer,

Please kindly advise what should be the correct answer since I am a bit confused.
We were not left or remained outside of US to avoid or evade training but we were not inside the remained inside US too.
Can we just answer No or answer Yes with our Country Name in 86.b?

Page No. 16 Part. 8 General Eligibility and Inadmissibility Grounds section:

86.a Have you EVER left or remained outside the United States to avoid or evade training or service in the U.S. armed forces in time of war or a period declared by the President to be a national emergency? Yes / No
86.b If your answer to Item Number 86.a. is “Yes,” what was your nationality or immigration status immediately before you left (for example, U.S. citizen or national, lawful permanent resident, nonimmigrant, parolee, present without admission or parole, or any other status)?

Many Thanks
May
This question applies to people who were supposed to be in the US military during wartime but left the US to avoid that. Pretty sure that doesn’t apply to you?

This question applies to people who were supposed to be in the US military during wartime but left the US to avoid that. Pretty sure that doesn’t apply to you?
Yes this doesn’t apply to us. This is our first time to enter US and been here for 4 months only.