• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Ah I didn't think so either. I saw now that you wrote "possibly only one".
This fiscal year, I saw updates from the Chicago field office simultaneously. One person was approved on February 2nd, and we received an RFE on February 2nd. Another person got approved on May 2nd, and we received an RFE on May 2nd. That is why I am suspicious that the same field officer is looking at all DV cases in Chicago.

Hello everyone.

Additional question: As I mentioned several times before, I'm dealing with an attorney. She initiated communication as my interview is approaching and said that she needs to file an I-824 form on my behalf. I've read the purpose of the form, but I can't understand why I need it.

"You must use Form I-824 to request U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) or U.S. Customs and Border
Protection (CBP) action on a previously approved application or petition.

NOTE: USCIS or CBP will not approve Form I-824 if your previous approval is expired or was revoked.

You cannot use Form I-824 to verify the status of a pending application or petition. However, in accordance with 8 CFR
section 103.9, this application may be filed with the original application or petition"

I asked her to provide an explanation but haven't received an answer yet. Meanwhile, I'd like to ask if this is a required form and what the purpose of filing it after the interview is.

Thanks in advance.
Maybe it’s time to tell this lawyer to buzz off? So far I’ve not read of anything positive this lawyer has done to “help” you.

Hello, I am currently on an F1 visa and waiting for the visa bulletin. My case number, 2024AS26K, will be current in September. I haven't started the process yet. If I begin applying and submitting my documents now, do you think it's possible for me to obtain a green card? Please advise.
Yes, it is possible. However you should know the success of any case is not guaranteed, as each case will be adjudicated based on its individual circumstances.

Maybe it’s time to tell this lawyer to buzz off? So far I’ve not read of anything positive this lawyer has done to “help” you.
I would agree with that, especially if I were paying for this service. However, the problem is that my company (corporate) hired him, and there are many other people involved in it. I have to maintain communication and be professional (unfortunately).

Based on your response, I understand that there is no reason to file the I-824 :) The only reason to file the I-824 in my case is to get a duplicate of the approval notice based on Part 2. All other reasons do not make sense.

I would agree with that, especially if I were paying for this service. However, the problem is that my company (corporate) hired him, and there are many other people involved in it. I have to maintain communication and be professional (unfortunately).

Based on your response, I understand that there is no reason to file the I-824 :) The only reason to file the I-824 in my case is to get a duplicate of the approval notice based on Part 2. All other reasons do not make sense.
At the end of the day, I guess you have no one to blame but yourself, considering your DV based AOS application is not an employment based one and there’s no reason for your employer or their lawyer to have been involved with the process to start with.

Could you please assist me in finding the quickest way to send my documents? What is the first step?
The quickest way by which I can help you is to point you towards a very useful tool which you need to carefully go through as a starting point:

Start by going through "AOS Process" tab/sheet of the above spreadsheet. Then you should next go through AOS_FAQ tab/sheet. Going through those sheets/tabs should get you started before going through the rest of the tabs/sheets on the spreadsheet.

Thank you! If I don't fill out the DS-260 form, does that mean I won't receive the second NL? I plan to pay the $330 directly. Is it alright if I don't include the second NL in the AOS package?

Thank you! If I don't fill out the DS-260 form, does that mean I won't receive the second NL? I plan to pay the $330 directly. Is it alright if I don't include the second NL in the AOS package?
Take a look at the FAQ tab of the AOS Process Spreadsheet please.

Okay, so be it if you believe you're not eligible to file for AOS. I cannot convince you otherwise, even though I already confirmed your eligibility, twice. You'll need to decide on your own if going down to Poland is the route you wish to pursue or not.
I don't want to go back to Poland, I checked this document "AOS Process and Documents_Updated" and there's a FAQ with item #1:

or maybe I don't get it correctly

Screenshot 2024-07-10 at 4.44.10 PM.png

I don't want to go back to Poland, I checked this document "AOS Process and Documents_Updated" and there's a FAQ with item #1:

or maybe I don't get it correctly

View attachment 4779
I know that information is there as part of the eligibility criteria because I put that tool together. However, there are certain exceptions to that first point which you will fall under, hence my telling you you are eligible. There are already other folks in the same situation as you, they got selected and subsequently came into the US on UHU, and have already successfully completed the process.

I know that information is there as part of the eligibility criteria because I put that tool together. However, there are certain exceptions to that first point which you will fall under, hence my telling you you are eligible. There are already other folks in the same situation as you, they got selected and subsequently came into the US on UHU, and have already successfully completed the process.
Thank you that's a priceless information to know, is it possible to contact them and ask how they went thru this process.

So, again, date of arrival to US is regardless of DV lottery date result reveal, and we can apply for AOS? just want to make sure it's secure, and USCIS will not send us back to Europe if they deny our AOS

Also I'm looking to find attorney to help gather all docs and thorogly check everything, because there are a lot of steps...

Thank you that's a priceless information to know, is it possible to contact them and ask how they went thru this process.

So, again, date of arrival to US is regardless of DV lottery date result reveal, and we can apply for AOS? just want to make sure it's secure, and USCIS will not send us back to Europe if they deny our AOS

Also I'm looking to find attorney to help gather all docs and thorogly check everything, because there are a lot of steps...
How they went through the process was basically by following the steps/process laid out on the spreadsheet which you already have.

This forum is a DIY platform. 95 to 98% of the folks here have gone through or are going through the process without hiring a lawyer. The few folks who hired lawyers did so before discovering this forum, and even at that, they’re still relying more on this forum and the AOS spreadsheet than their hired lawyers.

And just so you know, no lawyer will assist you with gathering documents. You will gather your own documents and provide them to the lawyer should you end up hiring one. Also note, most immigration lawyers are not familiar with filing DV based AOS applications, which is why most selectees end up going through the process on their own.

At the end of the day, if you feel hiring a lawyer to guide you through will put your mind at peace, then you do what you need to do. Your case, your call.

For those who haven't gone through the spreadsheet:
  1. First Step: Send your $330 per person to the DOS and wait for the receipt. Follow up via email to get it as soon as possible.
  2. Medical Exam: Get your medical exam done as soon as possible.
  3. Review and Gather Documents: Sit down and go through the spreadsheet. Follow the process and gather all necessary documents to send your package to USCIS.
For those who might ask if you can send your package without the DOS receipt or medical exam, you can, but you will receive a RFE, which will extend your processing time. Now, we are talking about days mattering.

How they went through the process was basically by following the steps/process laid out on the spreadsheet which you already have.

This forum is a DIY platform. 95 to 98% of the folks here have gone through or are going through the process without hiring a lawyer. The few folks who hired lawyers did so before discovering this forum, and even at that, they’re still relying more on this forum and the AOS spreadsheet than their hired lawyers.

And just so you know, no lawyer will assist you with gathering documents. You will gather your own documents and provide them to the lawyer should you end up hiring one. Also note, most immigration lawyers are not familiar with filing DV based AOS applications, which is why most selectees end up going through the process on their own.

At the end of the day, if you feel hiring a lawyer to guide you through will put your mind at peace, then you do what you need to do. Your case, your call.
can I found ukrainians who went thru this process here to talk with them?

also you said we need to contact KCC as soon as possible to let them know we want to adjust status, is there a template of that email?

As so many case numbers will go current during the last month of the FY, we have new people frequenting this forum. So, I wanted to reiterate that the AOS spreadsheet is an incredible source that:

- lays out ALL the steps to your application
- tells you how to organize your package when you're ready to send it
- gathers past and current selectees' timelines for over a decade so you can compare your progress with others with similar stats
- answers questions you haven't even thought of yet in the FAQ section (seriously, go through this before asking the forum something)

We've all had many questions when we were just getting started; DV AOS can be a stressful process. Rest assured, the spreadsheet will help you a LOT. It's a well-prepared resource which I think eliminates the need for a lawyer.

Thanks to @Sm1smom for compiling the spreadsheet and everyone in the forum for their contribution.

This fiscal year, I saw updates from the Chicago field office simultaneously. One person was approved on February 2nd, and we received an RFE on February 2nd. Another person got approved on May 2nd, and we received an RFE on May 2nd. That is why I am suspicious that the same field officer is looking at all DV cases in Chicago.
Well I hope not
For those who haven't gone through the spreadsheet:
  1. First Step: Send your $330 per person to the DOS and wait for the receipt. Follow up via email to get it as soon as possible.
  2. Medical Exam: Get your medical exam done as soon as possible.
  3. Review and Gather Documents: Sit down and go through the spreadsheet. Follow the process and gather all necessary documents to send your package to USCIS.
For those who might ask if you can send your package without the DOS receipt or medical exam, you can, but you will receive a RFE, which will extend your processing time. Now, we are talking about days mattering.
Great explanation.

Just to add, I sent my package in without the DOS receipt (it hadn’t arrived in time). I included a letter explaining and attached copies of my the payment.

My package wasn’t rejected and I didn’t get an RFE (or not yet). But there is a risk to doing this which is explained in the spreadsheet. Based on time, you have to make the best decision for your circumstances.

can I found ukrainians who went thru this process here to talk with them?

also you said we need to contact KCC as soon as possible to let them know we want to adjust status, is there a template of that email?
1. Take a look at the 2024 Timeline spreadsheet (you can find the link to this spreadsheet in the signature section of any of my posts). You’ll see some folks with their “Status” listed as Humanitarian Parole. You can also click on the magnifying glass at the top of this thread to do a search. Type in “Ukrainian” and select this thread only, then go through the results.
2, There’s no template. You just use your own words to inform KCC that you’re switching from CP to AOS.

1. Take a look at the 2024 Timeline spreadsheet (you can find the link to this spreadsheet in the signature section of any of my posts). You’ll see some folks with their “Status” listed as Humanitarian Parole. You can also click on the magnifying glass at the top of this thread to do a search. Type in “Ukrainian” and select this thread only, then go through the results.
2, There’s no template. You just use your own words to inform KCC that you’re switching from CP to AOS.
is it possible that officer can think we had "Dual Intent Issue"?

and how to prove it's not dual intent, because we entered US after winning the lottery, because of humanitarian reasons, and because of high CN