• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

@Sm1smom , here is a data point from a Turkish family who recently got their DV green card. They are not on this forum but posted this in the Turkish forum. So I translated it for people to see it in here.

"Hello everyone,

My spouse and I are 2024 Green Card lottery winners. With our case number being in the 19,000s, we quickly learned that we wouldn't be able to secure an interview appointment in Turkey. We immediately started exploring alternative options. Since we already had B1/B2 visas, we decided that Adjustment of Status (AOS), though a bit costly, was the safest route to take.

We entered the United States from New York on January 3rd and began our process in Florida on January 17th. Fortunately, our Diversity Visa number became current just as our 90-day waiting period ended. We meticulously prepared our application and sent it to USCIS on April 15th. We received our biometrics appointment for May 24th.

After completing our biometrics, we waited for our interview date, only to discover on the morning of June 12th that our Green Cards had been approved without an interview. We received our Green Cards without an interview just six months after our arrival in the United States.

Case Number: 2024EU19XXX
I-485 Submission: 04/15/2024
Biometrics Appointment: 05/24/2024
Interview Date: Waived
Green Card Approval: 06/12/2024
Application Sent from: West Palm Beach, Florida"

HEYY!!!
The Visa Bulletin for Sep is set up to 50,000 for the EU.
Is it even worth applying the adjustment of status as I'm 66,6xx ?
Does anyone know any chance they will accept it when applying from the US beyond the cut-off number ?

HEYY!!!
Does anyone know any chance they will accept it when applying from the US beyond the cut-off number ?
Of course they will accept your payment and application; then subsequently deny the case.

@Sm1smom , here is a data point from a Turkish family who recently got their DV green card. They are not on this forum but posted this in the Turkish forum. So I translated it for people to see it in here.

"Hello everyone,

My spouse and I are 2024 Green Card lottery winners. With our case number being in the 19,000s, we quickly learned that we wouldn't be able to secure an interview appointment in Turkey. We immediately started exploring alternative options. Since we already had B1/B2 visas, we decided that Adjustment of Status (AOS), though a bit costly, was the safest route to take.

We entered the United States from New York on January 3rd and began our process in Florida on January 17th. Fortunately, our Diversity Visa number became current just as our 90-day waiting period ended. We meticulously prepared our application and sent it to USCIS on April 15th. We received our biometrics appointment for May 24th.

After completing our biometrics, we waited for our interview date, only to discover on the morning of June 12th that our Green Cards had been approved without an interview. We received our Green Cards without an interview just six months after our arrival in the United States.

Case Number: 2024EU19XXX
I-485 Submission: 04/15/2024
Biometrics Appointment: 05/24/2024
Interview Date: Waived
Green Card Approval: 06/12/2024
Application Sent from: West Palm Beach, Florida"
Congratulations, very lucky!

HEYY!!!
Please don't waste your money. You are not able to apply for adjustment of status without your number being below the cut-off numbers in the visa bulletin.

So sorry that you missed out this year :-(

Congratulations on becoming current. I’m guessing when you submitted your DS260 forms back in May 2023, you selected an embassy for processing your selection, right? Yes, you are eligible to process AOS, however if you previously selected CP on your DS260 form, and you now wish to switch to AOS (process your selection from within the US), then you need to contact the KCC right away and let them know you wish to switch from CP to AOS.

Next step, carefully go through the AOS Process spreadsheet
Start by going through the “AOS Process” tab, step 5 downwards are applicable to you. Then go through the AOS FAQ tab also.

Secret to being able to successfully process AOS involves going through the spreadsheet and asking specific follow up questions which you may have. So I recommend you spend some quality time reviewing it.
Yes I selected Poland, Warsaw.

But now there is no sense for this long trip

I consulted with immigrant attorney from Ukraine, they said that you cannot apply for adjustment of state from humanitarian parole, because parole is not a status, so you cannot adjust status via adjustment of state

is it true?

Yes I selected Poland, Warsaw.

But now there is no sense for this long trip

I consulted with immigrant attorney from Ukraine, they said that you cannot apply for adjustment of state from humanitarian parole, because parole is not a status, so you cannot adjust status via adjustment of state

is it true?
That is not true. One thing you however need to be aware of is the possibility of your KCC already been sent to the Warsaw embassy for a CP interview. If that is the case, you may need to work directly with the embassy to get the file sent back to USCIS when your FO is ready to adjudicate your case, as KCC will not be responsible for transferring the KCC file to USCIS at that point.

Proof of valid status is the visa page on the passport and I94 (working as an employee), correct ? or something else needs to be added?

Proof of valid status is the visa page on the passport and I94 (working as an employee), correct ? or something else needs to be added?
Take a look at the AOS Process spreadsheet which Susie referenced in her response to your earlier post. The response to this question and several others are listed on that spreadsheet.

Reactions: NSE
Hello everyone. I apologize if this question has been asked before.

We had relatively high number for EU (35K+), but surprisingly found it called up per September visa bulletin.

We live in the US on L-visas. My wife is pregnant, and we’re expecting the baby in November. I’m a little concerned about her medical exam, especially vaccination requirements and chest X-ray (not sure it it’s required). Is it even possible to delay vaccinations annd x-ray until the birth (Nov-2024), and do not miss DV-2024 deadlines?

Any advise helps. Thanks in advance.

That is not true. One thing you however need to be aware of is the possibility of your KCC already been sent to the Warsaw embassy for a CP interview. If that is the case, you may need to work directly with the embassy to get the file sent back to USCIS when your FO is ready to adjudicate your case, as KCC will not be responsible for transferring the KCC file to USCIS at that point.
Also, we enter USA after I discovered I won DV lottery, for several reasons:
1. scary to stay in Poland, and better to build out life and kids go to US schools and start learning English and not Polish
2. my case nuber is around 39000 which is high, chances to get interview invite are small or almost 0
3. my friend applied for U4U for my family and we arrived in September 2023

so we can't apply for TPS (because we arrived after 16th August 2023)
and I think we are not eligible for AOS because we were not in USA at the time we discover we win the lottery

so only way is to go to Ploand for the interview?

it's risky because if we will get rejected we can't enter US again, though we have a house that we rent, we have car loan, kids made friends in school...

Hello everyone. I apologize if this question has been asked before.

We had relatively high number for EU (35K+), but surprisingly found it called up per September visa bulletin.

We live in the US on L-visas. My wife is pregnant, and we’re expecting the baby in November. I’m a little concerned about her medical exam, especially vaccination requirements and chest X-ray (not sure it it’s required). Is it even possible to delay vaccinations annd x-ray until the birth (Nov-2024), and do not miss DV-2024 deadlines?

Any advise helps. Thanks in advance.
The doctor will advise on what is and isn’t safe, and complete the medical accordingly. If something is not safe for a pregnant woman they will waive that. If the doctor says it is safe it will need to be done.

All requirements have to be completed in time for green cards to be approved by Sept 30.

I recently received my receipt number, I checked my status through "myuscis", but it only shows the status and not my personal information. Is this OK?
And second, is there any place that I need to add my address in myUSCIS account? I found a part for requesting "address change" in my account but just it! Should I use "address change" section to add my address? (I've never change my address since I submitted my file)

Also, we enter USA after I discovered I won DV lottery, for several reasons:
1. scary to stay in Poland, and better to build out life and kids go to US schools and start learning English and not Polish
2. my case nuber is around 39000 which is high, chances to get interview invite are small or almost 0
3. my friend applied for U4U for my family and we arrived in September 2023

so we can't apply for TPS (because we arrived after 16th August 2023)
and I think we are not eligible for AOS because we were not in USA at the time we discover we win the lottery

so only way is to go to Ploand for the interview?

it's risky because if we will get rejected we can't enter US again, though we have a house that we rent, we have car loan, kids made friends in school...
Okay, so be it if you believe you're not eligible to file for AOS. I cannot convince you otherwise, even though I already confirmed your eligibility, twice. You'll need to decide on your own if going down to Poland is the route you wish to pursue or not.

I recently received my receipt number, I checked my status through "myuscis", but it only shows the status and not my personal information. Is this OK?
And second, is there any place that I need to add my address in myUSCIS account? I found a part for requesting "address change" in my account but just it! Should I use "address change" section to add my address? (I've never change my address since I submitted my file)
Are you referring to the receipt number contained in the email/text notification which you received? If yes, then the receipt is working as it should. There's nothing else to do.

p.s. add your case updates to the Timeline spreadsheet.

Hello everyone.

Additional question: As I mentioned several times before, I'm dealing with an attorney. She initiated communication as my interview is approaching and said that she needs to file an I-824 form on my behalf. I've read the purpose of the form, but I can't understand why I need it.

"You must use Form I-824 to request U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) or U.S. Customs and Border
Protection (CBP) action on a previously approved application or petition.

NOTE: USCIS or CBP will not approve Form I-824 if your previous approval is expired or was revoked.

You cannot use Form I-824 to verify the status of a pending application or petition. However, in accordance with 8 CFR
section 103.9, this application may be filed with the original application or petition"

I asked her to provide an explanation but haven't received an answer yet. Meanwhile, I'd like to ask if this is a required form and what the purpose of filing it after the interview is.

Thanks in advance.

Hello, I am currently on an F1 visa and waiting for the visa bulletin. My case number, 2024AS26K, will be current in September. I haven't started the process yet. If I begin applying and submitting my documents now, do you think it's possible for me to obtain a green card? Please advise.