• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

is it possible that officer can think we had "Dual Intent Issue"?

and how to prove it's not dual intent, because we entered US after winning the lottery, because of humanitarian reasons, and because of high CN
An IO can always think and ask any question they deem pertinent as part of the adjudication process.

1. Will I receive form 797 (biometric) by mail or email?
2. Will I receive any email from uscis after submitting my package?

1. Will I receive form 797 (biometric) by mail or email?
2. Will I receive any email from uscis after submitting my package?
1. Mail
2. You get an acceptance text or email notification following package submission, if form G-1145 was included in the AOS package, which you already received, haven’t you?

Hi Mom,

My case number is AS 15K, and it is current in Sep.

I have my AOS package ready!

Q1: Is there any way to expedite the AOS process to increase the chance of getting the GC by Oct?
Q2: I think I can file early this week because of the early filing memo?

Thanks, Mom

Best,
Jack

Good morning, I have one more question. I am sending the administrative fee today. Since receiving the 1NL, I have moved to a new address. Is it okay if I include my current address?

I submitted the AOS package yesterday for a case to be current in September. I hold a L1 A visa here and might have to tarvel to my home country for a few days now. Would this impact the AOS application, Please suggest ?

Hi Mom,

My case number is AS 15K, and it is current in Sep.

I have my AOS package ready!

Q1: Is there any way to expedite the AOS process to increase the chance of getting the GC by Oct?
Q2: I think I can file early this week because of the early filing memo?

Thanks, Mom

Best,
Jack
1. DV based AOS cases are already expedited in general. Taking advantage of the early filing option is one of the ways to 'expedite' the case.
2. Yes you can.

I submitted the AOS package yesterday for a case to be current in September. I hold a L1 A visa here and might have to tarvel to my home country for a few days now. Would this impact the AOS application, Please suggest ?
L1A is a dual intent visa. So traveling outside the US in this case without an approved AP while AOS application is pending will not result in the AOS application been deemed abandoned and subsequently denied.

Hello Mom, I would like to thank you so much for the amazing support you provided. Without you, I would not have been able to do it. This marks the end of my journey here, and good luck to everyone.
Congrats. What is you username in timeline spreadsheet?

Congrats! what is your FO? Did you fill out the timeline spreadsheet?
Hello Mom, I would like to thank you so much for the amazing support you provided. Without you, I would not have been able to do it. This marks the end of my journey here, and good luck to everyone.

That’s great. Congratulations and thanks for the update. If you could also fill out the rest of your progress on the Timeline Spreadsheet, that would be great.

Hello again :)

I have an additional question regarding the tax return. At this point, I've filed tax extension form 4868 but haven't paid any taxes yet, as my tax consultants are still working on my tax documents. I've escalated the request to convey a sense of urgency to them. Assuming they can provide all the necessary forms by Monday next week, and my interview is scheduled for the following Thursday:
  1. Will it be helpful if I file the tax return right before the interview?
  2. Will I be able to get any supporting documentation immediately after filing that will be sufficient to present?
  3. Would you recommend, instead, not rushing and staying with the 4868 tax extension form and explaining that the tax return is still in progress?
Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, we are in the same boat as you and @gruss . We are stressed about the Chicago field office because we have not received any updates, either for our own cases or others' waiting cases. I don't know why they are delaying the DV cases this year.

We previously asked Senator Duckworth for assistance on 4/17/2024. I then received a second RFE on 5/8/2024, which was dated 05/02/2024. They only asked about my I-20 forms because they couldn't find them in their records. I responded to it the next day, and I delivered the RFE response by hand to the USCIS local office on 5/9/2024.

On 6/4/2024, we inquired through Emma and received an email on 6/7/2024 from the USCIS local office stating that the case was processing normally and that nothing was outstanding.

On 6/25/2024, I contacted Congressman Danny K. Davis about our situation, but we have not received a response yet.

On 7/2/2024, we both made an e-request stating that our cases were outside the processing time. We have not yet received any response to this inquiry.

Today, I received the below e-mail from USCIS regarding my e-request, which stated that our cases were outside the processing time.

So, there is no update.

WhatsApp Image 2024-07-11 at 6.36.33 PM.jpeg

Hello again :)

I have an additional question regarding the tax return. At this point, I've filed tax extension form 4868 but haven't paid any taxes yet, as my tax consultants are still working on my tax documents. I've escalated the request to convey a sense of urgency to them. Assuming they can provide all the necessary forms by Monday next week, and my interview is scheduled for the following Thursday:
  1. Will it be helpful if I file the tax return right before the interview?
  2. Will I be able to get any supporting documentation immediately after filing that will be sufficient to present?
  3. Would you recommend, instead, not rushing and staying with the 4868 tax extension form and explaining that the tax return is still in progress?
Thanks in advance.
Sorry, can’t help you with this. I do not provide tax filing guidance. Wondering what does your lawyer have to say about this though?