• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

So great news for me: My interview has been scheduled for April 11.

Interesting deviation from what was expected: My husband was called by the office, informed they have been trying to call me for the past week (I now realize that I have several missed calls from them: I automatically send unknown callers to voicemail due to spam) and that they then resorted to calling him as my derivative. He was offered our interview slot and asked to confirm if that worked for us (of course he forgot that I was going on vacation that day, but of course I will also be cancelling the plans). He was told we'll now receive the interview notice in the mail.

I'd had no idea of the chance of getting called, or else I would have changed the setting on my phone to allow unknown numbers to get through. So maybe word to the wise for others.
Wow congrats. It is really good that they immediately scheduled the interview for you. Usually they give a date after 5 weeks(4 weeks when the notice arrives). Now you are a day before me. Please share your good news and insights after the interview!

I do not see Dallas moving like other field offices, my las action was fingerprint were taken in Feb 7.
Dallas, TX appears to be moving a bit slower than they did for DV 2023 cases, and they did waive the interview back then. Have you done any follow-up on your case.

p.s. if you could fill out the missing information on the Timeline spreadsheet, that would be appreciated by your fellow AOSers.

Dallas, TX appears to be moving a bit slower than they did for DV 2023 cases, and they did waive the interview back then. Have you done any follow-up on your case.

p.s. if you could fill out the missing information on the Timeline spreadsheet, that would be appreciated by your fellow AOSers.
Yeah, I see in 2023 sheet they were moving fast, I contacted the live agent and just said my case is in San Antonio, Tx and no update since fingerprint were taken.

Yeah, I see in 2023 sheet they were moving fast, I contacted the live agent and just said my case is in San Antonio, Tx and no update since fingerprint were taken.
You listed your FO as Dallas, TX on the Timeline spreadsheet. Your updates are rather confusing. Are you under San Antonio, TX; or Dalla, TX? Those are two different FOs. Use the below link to determine your actual FO:

Civil Surgeon/Medical Exam question:

I just called a civil surgeon to ask about appointments, etc.
My husband and I have moved around a lot and don't have good vaccination records from our childhood. They mentioned getting re-vaccinated or doing a titer test to check immunity.

They said they only vaccinations we require are tetanus, MMR and Hep B plus the 2 x COVID. Looking at the I-693 the vaccine list looks a lot longer.

1. Are some of the vaccines age-appropriate? It's not listed on the form.

Civil Surgeon/Medical Exam question:

I just called a civil surgeon to ask about appointments, etc.
My husband and I have moved around a lot and don't have good vaccination records from our childhood. They mentioned getting re-vaccinated or doing a titer test to check immunity.

They said they only vaccinations we require are tetanus, MMR and Hep B plus the 2 x COVID. Looking at the I-693 the vaccine list looks a lot longer.

1. Are some of the vaccines age-appropriate? It's not listed on the form.
I think you really need to spend some quality time going over the AOS Process spreadsheet. There are several tabs on that spreadsheet, (one of which is titled "Medical Exam") with answers to most of your questions.

Wow congrats. It is really good that they immediately scheduled the interview for you. Usually they give a date after 5 weeks(4 weeks when the notice arrives). Now you are a day before me. Please share your good news and insights after the interview!
Thank you! Yes I am very relieved to finally be scheduled and am glad it is so soon. Fingers crossed all is smooth- I got married after entering the lottery but prior to winning, so need to put some effort into my bundle. Will of course update on how it all goes.

You noticed that the interview is usually scheduled or waived around 5 week mark? I looked through the spreadsheet and haven’t noticed a pattern, I know user named Bo got his interview waived a week after biometrics, etc. We have the same FO.

It’s been currently a bit more than 3 weeks since my biometrics.

You noticed that the interview is usually scheduled or waived around 5 week mark? I looked through the spreadsheet and haven’t noticed a pattern, I know user named Bo got his interview waived a week after biometrics, etc. We have the same FO.

It’s been currently a bit more than 3 weeks since my biometrics.
I think they're referring to the time between receiving interview notice and the date of the interview itself- this seems to trend to be around 4/5 weeks between the two dates.

I am already mailed the I-485, money order and all the required documents to the Dallas TX USCIS office. and its been week I haven't received any email confirmation from USCIS that they have received my documents. I tracked my documents through Fedex it shows delivered. my question is In how many days usually they send us confirmation of documents received.

I am already mailed the I-485, money order and all the required documents to the Dallas TX USCIS office. and its been week I haven't received any email confirmation from USCIS that they have received my documents. I tracked my documents through Fedex it shows delivered. my question is In how many days usually they send us confirmation of documents received.
Do take a look at the 2024 Timeline spreadsheet to get an idea of how long on average it has taken other AOSers to get their acceptance confirmation following package delivery. And while you're reviewing the spreadsheet, I recommend you also add your own information to the existing data so that you can all continue to benefit from one another.

Good morning,
I have a question regarding my case being processed at NVC! Last November I paid my DV fee and two weeks after my check was cashed, I received the adjustment letter from KCC. I sent my package to the lockbox a couple of weeks ago and I was notified that my case was received and it is being processed by NBC. Yesterday, I checked the latest DV 2024 CASE published by the DOS and the status of my case number has changed from None to NVC! Since I am adjusting status in the US, Shouldn’t be at NBC? Should I contact KCC?
- Please note I that I didn’t submit DS260!

Good morning,
I have a question regarding my case being processed at NVC! Last November I paid my DV fee and two weeks after my check was cashed, I received the adjustment letter from KCC. I sent my package to the lockbox a couple of weeks ago and I was notified that my case was received and it is being processed by NBC. Yesterday, I checked the latest DV 2024 CASE published by the DOS and the status of my case number has changed from None to NVC! Since I am adjusting status in the US, Shouldn’t be at NBC? Should I contact KCC?
- Please note I that I didn’t submit DS260!
The CEAC or DOS update is irrelevant to AOSers. Stop stressing over a non-issue.

Dear mom
I am not sure if this is relevant here but I need to ask. I am done with the Biometric submission last month and am waiting for the next notification. Meanwhile I was accepted into dental school which starts this June. The immigration office of the School told me that I need an EAD to be able to practice clinical dentistry since I am in Pending status now. Before I485, I was in F2 status, my husband F1. I also found out that I cant opt for premium processing of EAD when in I485. Since I have no clue when my EAD will get approved and I am running out of time until school starts this has me worried. Is it true that we cannot go for full time medical/dental programs when waiting for GC without EAD? If yes, what is the solution to this issue?

Dear mom
I am not sure if this is relevant here but I need to ask. I am done with the Biometric submission last month and am waiting for the next notification. Meanwhile I was accepted into dental school which starts this June. The immigration office of the School told me that I need an EAD to be able to practice clinical dentistry since I am in Pending status now. Before I485, I was in F2 status, my husband F1. I also found out that I cant opt for premium processing of EAD when in I485. Since I have no clue when my EAD will get approved and I am running out of time until school starts this has me worried. Is it true that we cannot go for full time medical/dental programs when waiting for GC without EAD? If yes, what is the solution to this issue?
How are you in "pending status"? Has your husband's F1 status expired?

As to your question, only the school you're applying to can confirm what they need from you in order to practice, I can't. Maybe your lawyer can also confirm that, so I suggest you reach out to your lawyer.