• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

hello,
my wife is a certified attorney overseas , how should I fill the employer section in form I-485?
We can’t tell you how to answer that question based on you telling us her job title. The question is not about her title or qualifications, it is about if she was employed or not, and by whom. You and your wife, between yourselves, should be able to figure out if she had an employer or was a self practitioner, and answer the employment questions accordingly.

We can’t tell you how to answer that question based on you telling us her job title. The question is not about her title or qualifications, it is about if she was employed or not, and by whom. You and your wife, between yourselves, should be able to figure out if she had an employer or was a self practitioner, and answer the employment questions accordingly.
Thank you for your response.
She was a certified lawyer without a law firm, and also has her own private shop, and she is not employed. How do I fill out her employment section? I mean that I should put "Self-employed" in the company name or employer field, and the date of employment should be the start date of the business.

thank you

@Sm1smom Hi all, I submitted our whole family application together, but the officer did not cash out one of the children check. All other checks cashed on March but this one submited in April. His application now rejected because the fees are different. What I should do now? I tried to call them several time but after staying hours in line they disconnected the call.​

Thank you for your response.
She was a certified lawyer without a law firm, and also has her own private shop, and she is not employed. How do I fill out her employment section? I mean that I should put "Self-employed" in the company name or employer field, and the date of employment should be the start date of the business.

thank you
So again, her job title tells me nothing. If she had her own private practice from which she was earning an income, then she was self employed, and it should be reported as such. If she had a practice in name only, and was not taking on cases and earning income from them, then she was unemployed. You and your wife should be able to figure out the start date of employment if it was a functional practice.

So again, her job title tells me nothing. If she had her own private practice from which she was earning an income, then she was self employed, and it should be reported as such. If she had a practice in name only, and was not taking on cases and earning income from them, then she was unemployed. You and your wife should be able to figure out the start date of employment if it was a functional practice.
thank you very much:)

@Sm1smom Hi all, I submitted our whole family application together, but the officer did not cash out one of the children check. All other checks cashed on March but this one submited in April. His application now rejected because the fees are different. What I should do now? I tried to call them several time but after staying hours in line they disconnected the call.​

1. Did you submit separate/individual check for each person?
2. Precisely when in Mar. did the other checks get cashed?
3. Has there always been enough cash in your account to cover all the payments?
4. When did you receive the rejected package for your kid, and precisely what does the rejection notice that came with say? If possible post a screenshot of the rejection notice - blur out any personal information on the notice.

Hi,
My biometric was done two weeks back. I know it might be too early to disturb Emma about case status. However, how much does one wait approximately before inquiring with Emma about interview status.
Thanks .

Hi,
My biometric was done two weeks back. I know it might be too early to disturb Emma about case status. However, how much does one wait approximately before inquiring with Emma about interview status.
Thanks .
You can use the Timeline Spreadsheet to make a judgment call on that. Compare your timeline to that of others from your FO as a starting point to figure out if your case seem to be outside the processing period of those other cases.

Hi,
Thanks .
You can ask them through Emma at least when your case has been transferred to your FO

Hi Mom, just confirming with you since my case going to be current in May I should not expect to get any update until then.(interview date/ card production). at this point I've done my bio.

You can ask them through Emma at least when your case has been transferred to your FO
That is a redundant ask IMHO because:
1. The AOS case file automatically gets transferred by the NBC to the FO once the bio gets scheduled - this is actually covered in the Lockbox-NBC-FO sheet/tab of the AOS Process spreadsheet.
2. The agents, be it through Emma or phone call, have been known to provide inaccurate information by stating the case file is still at the NBC when it has already been transferred to the FO.
3. Confirmation about the case file being transferred to the FO really doesn’t quite mean anything IMHO.

But if the OP feels like asking for the sake of asking or ‘knowing’, of course they can ask Emma for that confirmation and hope they get it.

Hi Mom, just confirming with you since my case going to be current in May I should not expect to get any update until then.(interview date/ card production). at this point I've done my bio.
That is not necessarily correct, you could get an update such as interview notification or RFE/RFI (if applicable) before the month in which your CN becomes current. You can actually apply the same logic which I provided in this response to @Boston 12 to track your case progress.

TIMELINE SPREADSHEET UPDATE:
Because one, or multiple users decided to modify the view, and/or created multiple sheets/tabs (with multiple and confusing versions of the information on the original sheet), despite the warnings all over the spreadsheet to not do so (as it messes up the view for other users), the Timeline Spreadsheet is unfortunately now set to view only for all users. Going forward, users will need to send in a one-time access request in order to edit this tool. Locking down the spreadsheet became necessary in order to maintain the integrity of the information contained there in.

How to send in an access request:
1. Click the Green View Only dropdown at the top of the spreadsheet
2. Follow the instructions beneath it

Upon being granted access, all users are kindly asked to not add filters or modify the list to suit their personal need, use, or analysis. If you must analyze, please copy out the information to a separate/personal spreadsheet of yours. Unapproved changes or modification to the official spreadsheet will result in the granted access being revoked as this is the only way to maintain the integrity of the information and make it a useful tool for all!

1. Did you submit separate/individual check for each person?
2. Precisely when in Mar. did the other checks get cashed?
3. Has there always been enough cash in your account to cover all the payments?
4. When did you receive the rejected package for your kid, and precisely what does the rejection notice that came with say? If possible post a screenshot of the rejection notice - blur out any personal information on the notice.
1- Yes, I put separate check for each person.
2- March 22nd other checks cashed.
3- Always was sufficient fund in my account.
4- I did not receive the paper notice yet but here is what exactly the online notice says: "
April 1, 2024 Petition/Application Was Rejected For Insufficient Funds
February 23, 2024 We received your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status." and the status history: "On April 1, 2024, we rejected your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC2490580149 because your filing fee was returned by your financial institution for insufficient funds. Any previously assigned priority or processing date is no longer applicable."
5- I called my bank and they confirmed that USCIS never cashed out the third check and there is no denial from the bank.

1- Yes, I put separate check for each person.
2- March 22nd other checks cashed.
3- Always was sufficient fund in my account.
4- I did not receive the paper notice yet but here is what exactly the online notice says: "
February 23, 2024 We received your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status." and for I-131 which was with this file the message is this: "
February 23, 2024 We received your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document."
5- I called my bank and they confirmed that USCIS never cashed out the third check and there is no denial from the bank.
1. When did you send in all the AOS packages? Did you file in February or March?
2. Did you file anything online in April?
3. How were you able to check the status update for all the forms if you have not yet received the NOA (paper notice)? Where you able to check based on receiving acceptance text/email notifications?

1. When did you send in all the AOS packages? Did you file in February or March?
2. Did you file anything online in April?
3. How were you able to check the status update for all the forms if you have not yet received the NOA (paper notice)? Where you able to check based on receiving acceptance text/email notifications?
Yes, I filled them in February 13th by mail. I got the SMS notification in March 26th, and when I checked online I saw they cashed my checks on March 22nd.
I did not file anything online in April. I even do not know if I cam file anything online

Yes, I filled them in February 13th by mail. I got the SMS notification in March 26th, and when I checked online I saw they cashed my checks on March 22nd.
I did not file anything online in April. I even do not know if I cam file anything online
Here’s what I know, an SMS (acceptance) notification does not get sent for a rejected package. If the package is truly rejected, it would have been sent back, you wouldn’t receive the acceptance text notification - it is possible someone messed up and listed the wrong update for the case. So for now, you have to wait and see if the package truly gets sent back to you, in which case you’ll have to re-file with the new fee.

In the interim, you can go online and initiate a chat with Emma (google USCIS Emma), request to get connected with an online agent and discuss the issue with them.

Also, I suggest you add your case updates to the 2024 Timeline spreadsheet to give us a better insight into the case progression.

Hello, I'm interested in a question about the process of my case. in the chronological table. I'm under the name "yeva" #69, I want to understand what I should do next? Just wait?
to understand what is written in my uscis account:
January 15, 2024 Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken
January 10, 2024 We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.
Thank you!

Hello, I'm interested in a question about the process of my case. in the chronological table. I'm under the name "yeva" #69, I want to understand what I should do next? Just wait?
to understand what is written in my uscis account:
January 15, 2024 Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken
January 10, 2024 We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.
Thank you!
You’re missing some pertinent information on the spreadsheet, some of which are highlighted in red. I’m sorry I cannot comment on your case without you providing the requested information.